ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wasn't Expecting to have to do that today

ITB'd MK1
Off to the Ring for a few days at the end of the week, so set aside a couple of days to prep my mates 200sx. First things first, the radiator was well past it's best, so out it came.........oh f**k :eek:

faecfc08.jpg

698be47e.jpg

d133ee0a.jpg

b0876ff8.jpg

That's the main cross member between the front chassis legs for anyone who's not familiar.

So after the initial thoughts of "what shall we buy to go to Germany in?" I decided it was fixable.

d80083a0.jpg

Chopped that out

And got this ready to replace it
59b62150.jpg

Snug fit, proving to be surprisingly easy :D
875736e6.jpg

1469b1b4.jpg

Well pleased with that from a borrowed welder and a non-reactive mask (not used one of those in about 8 years :dead: )

355fce2b.jpg

All finished. Should fix the aweful brake judder as the track control arm is attached there.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Good work Daniel-san! Nice welds too! :D

What about the oil leak???

698be47e.jpg

ITB'd MK1
Yeah that was the other big job. Sump is off with a load of de-greaser soaking in it at the moment. Back on tomorrow with some proper sealer that will actually set (not useless hylomar someone else had used)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is it a track focused 200? Or just a snotter you're taking to thrash about?

DB.

BMW 440i
There is always knockbacks and complications when working on cars! I imagine you deal with alot more than that though! lol!

Any pics of the actual car?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We deffinately need more info on that Dolomite! That is superb!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol 13's and rust... its moved from the bootlid to the crossmember!!

cills etc allright?

saying that i saw a mates 14a with rot holes around the front and rear subframe to chassis mounts!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That is beyond cool. Arthur Fonzerelli isn't cool enough to drive round in that Dolomite. FACT.

ITB'd MK1
lol 13's and rust... its moved from the bootlid to the crossmember!!

cills etc allright?

saying that i saw a mates 14a with rot holes around the front and rear subframe to chassis mounts!

Rest of it's pretty decent. Not perfect, prob need the rear of the sills doing next year but they're not hard.

e91 330d/type r mini
did he turn the key the wrong way when he went to switch it off in the first vid?
dolomite is utter coolness :)
40/45s best sound ever in my book

ITB'd MK1
did he turn the key the wrong way when he went to switch it off in the first vid?
dolomite is utter coolness :)
40/45s best sound ever in my book

LOL, think that was me.

There's short clip of it going up Prescott somewhere, but i can't find it. Just sounds like pure WIN

ITB'd MK1
well we made it there and back. Car did 6 laps of the ring, 5 of them pretty hard, and got us home with only a slight misfire that we couldn't sort with onboard spares. Not bad for 156k and £300, :D

tiiiiiiired now