ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Coolant Empty Overnight! HELP!

Black 172
I topped up my water coolant last week, check it yesterday as you do and it was empty, not even any liquid below the 'Min' heading, immediately thought something is up.

Topped up yesterday, checked it again this morning and it's on Minimum!

How do I locate where the leak is? Could it be the pipeing? I can't trace the pipe as it's so God damn tight under the bay! HELP PLEASE.

Fill the coolant up start the bad boy up and look underneath the car, if it's as bad as you say it is, it should be pretty easy to spot where the leak is.

Loads of places it could be leaking from stone chips on the radiator or a hose cracked etc.

As said top it up and start the car.

monaco blue 172
check your rad on the right hand side as you look at it, fan cowling had rubbed through the rad cores on mine,it was hard to see where it was leaking from until i lifted the cowling off the rad slightly and then it came out,just dont get your fingers near to the fan incase the fan comes in

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
any puddles under the car when parked, but yea leave it running look at the bottom of the rad etc normally the air con condentser gets in the way of stones, check the water pump as well may need to flap back the small part of wheel arch liner

172 MKII FF
I topped up my water coolant last week, check it yesterday as you do and it was empty, not even any liquid below the 'Min' heading, immediately thought something is up.

Topped up yesterday, checked it again this morning and it's on Minimum!

How do I locate where the leak is? Could it be the pipeing? I can't trace the pipe as it's so God damn tight under the bay! HELP PLEASE.

Hey - did you ever find out where your leak was coming from? Mine is doing to same as yours but I can hear water dripping, I just can't get under the car.

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
I have got a compleat standerd hose kit for 182 if your hoses are split. Pm me if you require them m8t.

Si

Lots of Alfas
just dont get your fingers near to the fan incase the fan comes in

Best to disconnect the battery for that one, the fan can cut in even if the ignition is off. As mentioned check all the hoses especially the ones that run along the front of the engine at the bottom.

172 MKII FF
My 172 has started leaking water. The water bottle was empty when I check it yesterday, I topped it up again this morning and it has all leaked onto the floor of the drive. When I ran the engine, there was a slight amount of steam which seemed to be coming from the front on the engine near the radiator. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong with mine?

The temperature of the car is fine.

Lots of Alfas
^It has a leak, try to see if its coming from a hose or the radiator and then get it fixed asap.

172 MKII FF
^It has a leak, try to see if its coming from a hose or the radiator and then get it fixed asap.

I can't see anything coming from the radiator but i can see water at the front of the engine bay at the bottom, I just cant get under it to check.

I can't see where the steam is coming from either. It look sas though it is coming from around the radiator but it is very small amount of steam.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Didn't you get the waterpump changed while getting the cambelt done?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My bloke said quite the oposite, as there only £40 it's not worth not changing them.