ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water in oil/electric fault light coming on at high speed. :s

DCI100
In my DCI 100, the oil in water/electric fault light/glow plugs light (the one with curly line) comes almost every single time i hit 100mph (on private roads ;) ).

Any ideas? the engine seems in good health, runs very well and has been regularly serviced. t i know

Also when the light comes on it feels like it goes into what I know as D-rate, where it seems the ecu stops it from going faster if that makes sense, until the light goes off :(

Any help would be much appreciated, would like to find out as its still under warranty from the trader

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
mine had a really bad problem like that, if i went over 85 it had a engine management light spazz out ( curley line symbol in the middle of warning light display)
header tank looked black, and the water was slimmy oily, but no mayo in the oil cap.

mine also felt sluggish then went to 3 cylinder running if i kept going. let of thr gas and the light went out, all worked again til i floored it.

my 1.5 also didnt like hard acceleration, flaged the light up with engine light and stop!

its a hard one to solve but mine ( we think ) warped my block making a right internal mess.

check your coolant hose ( middle of block at front as you look at the engine ) make sure there is no thread looking pipe showing, if so, push the pipe back on, re tighten the jub clip)

you need to plug a fault reader in, it will have logged the fault code, ie DF408 - egr at maximum ( example )

DCI100
temp stays the same everything runs the same, it just stops accelerating :( pretty dread will take it down to tanvic tomorrow and get it fault read.... could it be an injector signal fault? I'll do the fault reading display on the dash and see if any faults come up

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
injectors could be a problem but i doubt a oil+water mixture would be caulsed by that.

yours is abit of an odd one. let us know the fault code and i'll digg out the dci fault code book

DCI100
nice ine mate. that light can either be electric fault or water in oil. hope its nothing major, personally i think its electrical not oil +water

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
injectors / fuel rail pressure / EGR valve or boost sensor can make the EML light come on.

tbh its probably i dirty sensor, nothing to worry about but til you get it plugged in, dont put it through the ' speed limit ' barrier ;)

Ged

PD130 Peach
im thinking could be fuel pump? is it only over that certain speed of 100mph, or is it just after a certain rpm that is only reached in 5th at 100... for example put it in 3rd and take it round to 4500rpm and see if the light comes on...

DCI100
will give that a go tomorrow mate, :) i had thought about that actually. I think it does come on in other gears at high revs

cheers bro

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ged has a point there! fuel rail pressure light activatiom when the pump cuts fuel off at certain rpm/ speed

dci 100's do hve a better fuel system compaired to my dci 80.

as said, get a fault code and ill give you a break dowm of its meaning

DCI100
£55 for a fault code reading. f*** that I ran fault finding dash, but i don't know where the letters that show faults are supposed to be on there. there is a D3 top left hand side, (injector signal fault is just a d) any ideas?

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
D is injectors, so I would say one of them is sticky or on the way out.
Try a doing the leak off test on each injector.

Or you could try some Red X.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
NO REDX!! thats s**t is crap. millers oils diesel engie cleaner. run some of that through in a strongish soluition. D3 code is one of 2 codes ( according to my dci fult code book )

D3
fault flagged by intermitant injector time elapse, commonly caulsed by gunked up injectors or internals showing signs of a hard life
fault code also flagfed up by fuel rail pressure at maximum then dropping due to fuel cut off to prevent further damage ( apendix 2.34 engi will still run but will be underpowered at trting to accelerate )

as said try a cleaner fluild if it still happens do a leak down test and get the refurbed