ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Pump & Drive belt kit on clio 182

Renualt Clio 182
hi clio drivers

I thought I would share some info with all clio drivers. My car has only done 54,000 on the clock i start to get a really loud nose from drivers side. I thought I would take the work on myself to save me a load of money and not have to give my car to a garage and get rip off lol so yesterday i took my car apart i took drive belt off and felt the water pump pulley and i could tell it wasnt right so i ended up changing water pump,drive belt with pulleys and tensioner this took quite a few hours as it was my first time on a clio 182 but very challenging though

thanks

​charlie

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I need to change my waterpump. Was it easy to get the old gasket off and did you have to drop the engine at all to do it?

​Gray

Renualt Clio 182
it wasnt easy there are lots of things you need to take off to get the the water pump and you dont need to take engine out or subframe you need to remove top engine mount and the lower engine mout ie Dog Bone and you will be needing to jack engine up and down with a jack you also need to take front bumper off and driver side head light you need to take alternator off and the air-con pump (just take out bolts and let it hang) then the bracket the holds the air-con then you should be ok to take pump off after that this cost me in parts about 140 in parts hope this helps

charlie

172 Cup
You should try doing the aux belt on a 172 cup - 10mins ;) Although in fairness I did spend a bit of extra time cleaning the pulleys before I put the new belt on.

Renualt Clio 182
i found that by removing the alt/air-con i had more room. by removing the bottom mount aloud me better movement up and down on engine but i guess everyone here has done it more then me but next time i will do it quicker :p