ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waving my filthy willy around...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So I had someone ask if they could buy my Williams 2.

I've always said this and after today, it still stands... The Clio williams is THE best 2.0 clio renault have produced. I have owned every single shape and model and nothing compares to the driving position, the low down torque or the noise. The handling is just the icing on th cake.

The car has a bit of history, the last 3 owners have all been CS members.

Anyway, the car has been in my posession since June 2010 and apart from getting it running properly I haven't done anything with it. ITs actually spent the last 11 moths parked in a lockup at my painters and today was the day to go and get it, wash it, and present it to its potential new owner.

a 10mm spanner to connect the battery and a can of super unleaded, a set of jump leads and BOOM!!! Fired up first time.

So , this is how it was when I got it back to the garage. (after a lot of negative looks from members of the public)

544772_10150593111926184_684436183_9032226_927126626_n.jpg

And after an hour, 3 (!!!) washes and a bottle of ''liquid ice'' car polish that I found in a part exchange car, it looked like this.

306661_10150593159181184_684436183_9032409_1555044911_n.jpg

Anyway. New owner came to see it tonight, and will be taking delivery of it Saturday morning.

Much love.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
You can, but I won't answer. Client confidentiality!

(If he wasn't a member on here I would have said)

Fair play boss. Was only asking, to see if the one I was eyeballing on Ebay was the right value.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I never even knew you had a williy! How come you didnt use her much ? the car

I just don't get time dawn. By the time iive finished work, fed/bathed the kids and got them to bed its 7pm. By the time ive done my invoicing and had my tea its 8.30pm and then by the time ive done ebay/emails/phonecalls its 930pm and i'm cream crackered!

Literally just aren't enough hours in the day.

Its a real shame though. I did 20 miles in it today and LOVED it. Everything about them is just superb.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
ah bugger, thats a shame. she's is a cracker! Im sure you will come across another one, one day! :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Wow that scrubbed up well. :cool:
I thought my car was filthy but that was another level of dirt, well done sir you've beaten me in the filth wars. ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Cannot believe how well that looks in the after picture. Lovely mate.

Someone's getting a good example!

williams and trophy
i recognise that plate .... 1 of mine went yesterday...was gutted.... have 1st refusal when he sells it tho lol.

cleaned up well tho hasnt it.

Future (almost current I guess) classic! Would have been lovely to see it pulled out of the garage in 10 years time, covered in muck and then hosed off to reveal a mint Willams.

They are epic, and that looks like a very tidy example.

Petrol Blue 182.
My friend had a mint condition willy 3, I'll always remember topping it out and it popping out of gear into neutral

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Is it worth restoring a williams or do they just end up a massive money pit? It's one of the cars I've always wanted to own as their reputation is excellent

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Im a big williams fan but overall the 172 is a far better car IMHO.

Performance is much the same, handling is arguably a bit better and at least you can easily shim the rear to get the right geometry which you cant on a williams, and the level of comfort and toys etc is a lot better on the 172 for a daily.

I think the best 2.0 clio renault have made is the Trophy personally.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is it worth restoring a williams or do they just end up a massive money pit? It's one of the cars I've always wanted to own as their reputation is excellent

The problem is rust, can cost a fortune to fix properly and they nearly all suffer from it.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Love the Williams! looks so clean after a short clean ;)

I know of a 1 owner, service history is epic but is a bit of a project plus the old chap is wanting too much monies :(

Will maybe try again after this thread