ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax Guidance please!

BMW 535D
Right, I'm pretty new to this detailing lark and I've been monitoring this forum for the last two months to get a feel for the do's and donts etc.

I've got an Arctic Blue 182 which I've always cleaned using your average Halfords cleaning products (fail!) and have now discovered that there's a whole new world above & beyond that!!
I've started with the SRP & EGP combo and followed the basic detailing guide in this forum and have been very pleased with the results, so now Im looking for a top notch wax to finish with.

I'm after a blend of shine and durability (as Im sure most are!) but that said, I'm a sucker for that 'wet' look!

I've searched through various threads and have come up with a short list of waxes, and Im after a little guidance from the pro's before I click 'buy'! I'm thinking £50 max as Im still a relative newbie!

My short list is as follows:

Swissvax Onyx
Victoria Concours
R222 100% Carnuba
Dodo Blue Velvet
Smartwax Concours
Collinite 476 / 915

Or any others you may wish to suggest!

Apologies as this has no doubt been asked many times before, but I want to be absolutely sure before I take the plunge

:)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Onyx for me. There have been about 4 threads on this, this wk. best having a look through them.

I'm buying Onyx today after reading plenty decent reviews on it.

I have used Blue velvet aswell, but I wasn't overly impressed.

Swissvax Onyx - best choice
Victoria Concours - average, but nay bad
R222 100% Carnuba - absolutely nothing over their standard wax, don't bother
Dodo Blue Velvet - pretty good but not that hard wearing
Smartwax Concours - heard good things, no personal experience
Collinite 476 / 915 - 476 doesn't look very clear, no experience with 915

Onyx.

Dodo Blue Velvet;

IMG_6498.gif

P21s (AKA R222);

IMG_6198.gif

476 on the wheels;

IMG_6188.gif

Onyx;

IMG_5159.gif

IMG_5158.gif

Hope this helps,

Jamie

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe they didn't know that was an aston! Tut tut!

It's not a proper one ;) DB9 I'd have known!

Pah, Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Volante, Sports exhaust system, full/extra leather pack etc Y reg, 11k miles, 8mpg . . . THE most proper Aston around ;)

And now in Conkers Condition ;)

BMW 535D
lol I popped out of the office for ten mins expecting 1 or 2 replies to this when I came back!

Onyx was my number one originally, I've searched through every wax thread that I could find on here, but I had a look over on DW and there are a few that weren't keen, seem to be a lot of conflicting opinions.

Thanks for your help guys :)

lol I popped out of the office for ten mins expecting 1 or 2 replies to this when I came back!

Onyx was my number one originally, I've searched through every wax thread that I could find on here, but I had a look over on DW and there are a few that weren't keen, seem to be a lot of conflicting opinions.

Thanks for your help guys :)

DW will debate a wax to death lad, then go off it for no good reason. Bit of a trend website when it comes to waxes, bit like Ali and I vs Gally vs Paul and Dododawn

Nice! Very very nice!

One round by me, R26, think he is called DrEnzo. Seen it in the flesh. Friend of Naith's (welsharab).

Bumder With A Buffer
On the DB7 you said you used onyx?? In the thread it says natty's blue? Or im i being thick?? :S

BMW E46 330i Touring
My new purchase of Vics Concours is doing very nicely:

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

A very impressive budget wax; way better than I ever remember P21s being.