ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax on wax off wax on wax off

E90
I cleaned my car today, washed in power wash with, sponge on the soap cycle, air dried by hammering it up and down the ring road, Polished with Megs Tech wax applied with Sponge thingy, and removed using old boxer shorts. No camera so no pics but results are pretty good its shiny, bit patchy in places where i've done a half ass job, but not bad, Took me 45 minutes.

E90
i aint got the patience to take my time, but its nae bad, i'm happy, knowing my luck it'll rain this afternoon, LOL

ST
Its not about patience tho, its about how wet you can get the paint to look when its dry...see below...

When you say nae bad you almost sound like Alistair...lol

You sure your not half nothern?

Last edited:
  E90
I'm from Yorkshire, and one of my best mates is from Edinboro, so it rubs off on me. Plus the last few years i've worked in Glasgae for at least a month or two in total. lol DHL me a haggis supper and runny bruun sauce please

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
45 mins :O what did you do stick it in the wash?

Takes me 45 mins on the wheels :p

lol 'looks good' ;)

Concerned at the amount of time weeman and clart for that matter spend in this forum!!!

E90
lol, looks ok to me, I just had a look out the window at the roof and its kind of cloudy, how long do i need to leave Tech wax on for before buffing it off?? cant describe teh cloudyness its like i havn't removed all the wax properly, i did give it some elbow grease, maybe not enough, LOL

BMW E46 330i Touring
The roof may have still been damp. I tend to wash and dry the whole car, and then wax all the other panels first and leave the roof to last, which gives it time to properly dry off... seems to avoid cloudiness that I used to get by doing it straight after drying.

E90
nope i figured it out while having a bifta on the balcony, its reet along the middle of the roof, and its where i havn't applied any/as much wax, LOL

45 minutes and guess why?? I am a detailing cowboy :D

E90
I'll tell u this for free Richard my boy, i was bored shi.tless after 45 mins, nect time u can do it for cash while i go down the pub, lol

106 GTi
Bring it on, will be done by lunch and down the pub by noon with you on days like this!