ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax or Polish - What to choose

Guys following on from the thread about Autoglym resin polish has anyone any ideas on what cleaning and waxing materials should be used to give the best finish to our beloved machines!

Im led to believe froma guy who works for BMW that a make called Diamon White is the best but ive been unable to locate it, may be because i was pissed when he told me, has anyone ever heard of this stuff?

Could be Diamond Brite, a dealer applied cash extraction tool ! I had Supaguard on mine, a similar tool :) gave a good finish for about 1.5 years though.

Polish shouldnt be used every week.. its abrasive.

I use Turtle Wax Extreme Wax.. Very good.. leaves the bodywork well smooth..

Daz.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

m8 if u want the ultimate stuff zymol is the only way to go or meguairs if u want a slightly cheaper alternative.

u are looking at 99 quid for the zymol.

MalicE

Alfa Mito 155TB

meguires is the three stage stuff i have ordered:

stage 1 is polish for the shine

stage 2 is the deep gloss glaze

stage 3 is canuba wax for hardened finish

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive always used Mer. Just do it once every six months then I use a decent car shampoo everyweek.

The Mer alloy cleaner is pretty good too.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

um all u people saying mer is goot and turtle wax is good you are correct but until u do a propper clean with a good 3 stage product that is designed to be used together.

if u ever get around to using a meguairs 3 stage system or spending out and trying the zymol u will notice a HUGE difference.

i used to think using just a polish or a wax would do, i have tried meguairs and also had a m8 do my bonnet with zymol and im shocked the bonnet stands out like a sore thumb cos its soooo shiney and looks really deep in colour, the rest of the car needs it now just need to save 100 quid :/

I tried the zymol starter kit over the bank holiday weekend and i agree with Malice the sh*t you get is amazing it gives the car a deep wet looking shine a lot better than other things i have tried. However, having used maguairs before i dont believe the zymol is worth the extra cash.

I could be wrong though time will tell when i come to clean her again.

Zymol is the dogs.....brought my car up like better than new, took about 4 1/2 hours to do the initial 4 stage job, but now can be topped up with a good wash and wax/field glaze, which takes no time.

Very expensive, it cost £200 for the initial outlay, but it should last me about a year....some of the more expensive products only get used 1 or 2 times a year.

If you want to pay the ££££ go for Zymol, if you want the cheaper option go for meguires

Ta

J