ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird 16v electric problem

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Hi All,

Check this out.

Tried to install some Angel Eye projector lights yesterday into my 16V, what i found when i hooked them up is that i wish i hadnt bothered.

My electrics have gone totally pete tong eg.

Flash main beam = Wipers front and back switch on
Side Lights = indicators on solid
Indicators on = Side lights flash (sometimes main beam)
hazards = side lights + partial main beam.

I put the standard lights back in and the problem remains. Im guessing that ive torched an earth somewhere but thought id check here first.. see if anyone had anything similar happen.

I used all the fixed connectors to wire up the projectors sides to sides, indicators to indicators etc.

Any Ideas?

Cheers.

Naples 16v
may be a nackered relay or something, my 16v has had its fair share of electrical nightmares. all part of the fun of owning a Valver!

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
any ideas how many earths there are for the forward part of the loom and do you think running a fresh one into the loom would cure the issue or would i need to locate the burnt wire and replace?

Cheers.

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
well found out what the problem was. Passenger headlight there is a main earth that uses a 13mm headed bolt to ground back into the chasis. This earth is used for all electrics such as headlights, sidelights, indicators, fogs and wipers and the f**ker had broke, replaced it with a bit of audio technics power cable and hoorah all is working. :)

16v_angel_scaled.jpg

mmmmm purrrrrdyy

French car show here i come