ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

well.. i got 15.31 @ 90mph.. hmmm

Italian 3.2 V6
after all the talk of what i could try and run on the 1/4 mile, after 25 attempts i was only getting 15.3's just could not get into the 15.2's.

15.31 sec @ 90mph was my best..

i was atleast hoping for 14.9 but i suppose i did ok. weather was good, cool but overcast. rained in the morning but was good and dry from 11 onwards. only downer was the actual 1/4 mileitself, wasnt the best compared to what i would imagin/have heard santepod to be like so maby i could do better there.. anyway not to bad..

to put it into perspective, my cuzin ran 14.77 @ 97mph in his alfa 147 GTA and it seems to be a decent/good running GTA.. and they are meant to get low 14's. also, last time i did it my car was in gr8 need of a service, had blown zorst system and full interior aswell as stock filter and best i got last time was 15.67 @ 86mph!

i also think my budget tyres didnt help, kinds pissed me off that i didnt have good tyres like R888 which i what i wanted bt didnt have the money in time :(

the cars only mods so far is,
-ktec zorst system
-ktec pannel filter
-15" mag wheels
-removed rear seats.

next on the list that i think will be most effective are..
-toyo R888s
-light weight seats (-40kg)
-matched inlets
-proper custome remap.

so these are what i am aiming to have for next year to see what i can improve, hopefully then i will be in the late 14s.

do you think what i achieved is reasonable?

thoughts please.

cheers, piers.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
there was a fwd corsa there that ran low 12's all day... thats genuine though...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Wow didnt think you would hit mid 14's mate, maybe shows that rr was slightly high in the end then? Also why did you run with budget tyres when in the various threads about going down the strip everyone was on about having decent tyres..

I got 15.4 at pod with standard heavy 16's, no rear seats & dire blowing cat-back exhaust. Car recently got a 168bhp on a decent set of rollers but was no doubt running less when I originally went down because of the bad exhaust and didnt have a remap.

Lionel Richie
at pod a 172/182 will be high 14's/low 15's, 172 cups will do mid to high 14's, fast ones will be sub 14.5

the rustiams do low 14's/high13's ;)

Italian 3.2 V6
Wow didnt think you would hit mid 14's mate, maybe shows that rr was slightly high in the end then? Also why did you run with budget tyres when in the various threads about going down the strip everyone was on about having decent tyres..

yea must have been.. and just due to money :( thought i better pay off what i ow to rents.. lol plus i wouldnt of been able to have them fitted until fri night/sat morning so they wouldnt of been run in properly..

member when i went with old work at the pod everyweekend with the supra getting 7s and 8s, 15s like a life spam. Santa pod is a s**t hole anyway so blame it on that:p

haha clios are for track mate go on a track day

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
is that sarcasm?? that was my last run when i remembered to knock the asr off lol
2.350 dont thinks to bad..

Italian 3.2 V6
lol my car is just poop for quaters! :( lol hehe.. just wait untill we have a race on a track! ;) bye bye GTA!!!! hehe!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, that's pretty slow. I would be gutted, esp given your mods.

Unless you are the size of Rick Waller?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh, if you are s**t at changing it really slows you up. What were your 60 and 100ft times? Be interesting to see, may highlight too much wheel spin.

Italian 3.2 V6
was 2.370 but i think it was dwn to my s**t budget tyres lol as said in starting post.. need R888s

53 Clio's & counting
exactly fella, dont take it too bad, bear in mind if you run 20 15,3s and one 14.8, then your car is on average 15.3 fast, so dont be too hung up on times :)

2.3 60ft is good. in my old hybrid i was only doing 2.2. that ran 14.1@98.

isnt 15.3 about right for a 172?

53 Clio's & counting
2.3 60ft is good. in my old hybrid i was only doing 2.2. that ran 14.1@98.

isnt 15.3 about right for a 172?

My old one i hit 2.0, and got 14.0 @ 101 mph, so yeah its noyt bad, just room for impreovment if he wants to hit the numbers he wants :)

Focus RS mk1
was 2.370 but i think it was dwn to my s**t budget tyres lol as said in starting post.. need R888s

what buget tyres are you running? i would say that is definatly your problem, i did my run on eagle f1s and found them pretty good but as you say 888s are what im after now, would be interesting to see how much better you are on decent tyres

03 RS clio 172 flameR
when me and adam_socks went we saw a fair few rs clios runing 15.1-15.8 only a one got a 14.9, then the R.I.P.S skyline running 1500 bhp did it in 8.5 or somin, was mental, but the driver was a fat misrable stuckup b*****d and blew his car on 3rd run and i nearly stained my pants in laughter

ST
was that with the 100m head start Alan?

Timing gear at Crail is so advanced...

abacus-1-AJHD.jpg

Italian 3.2 V6
what buget tyres are you running? i would say that is definatly your problem, i did my run on eagle f1s and found them pretty good but as you say 888s are what im after now, would be interesting to see how much better you are on decent tyres

s**tty "Nexen" budgets lol..

iv been advised to go for MICHELIN PILOT EXALTO 2s instead of the Toyo R888s as they would be better for daily driving and best all round tyre in the wet and still be far better for quater miles and track days than my current ones plus there just as good as the R888s..

R888s are just that little bit better for hardcore track racing!?

agree!?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
s**tty "Nexen" budgets lol..

iv been advised to go for MICHELIN PILOT EXALTO 2s instead of the Toyo R888s as they would be better for daily driving and best all round tyre in the wet and still be far better for quater miles and track days etc etc..

agree!?

If you are serious about trackdays/quater miles, get a second set of wheels.

Italian 3.2 V6
not dead serious but will be attending all the kirkbride ones around my area (twice a year) and the odd track day (again 2 or three times a year)

surely MICHELIN PILOT EXALTO 2s are the best option!?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
They are expensive to ruin on track though, and do not offer the grip R888 offer.

If you want to do it cheaper id suggest, yokohama prada spec 2, they are soft, but are 1/2 the price of michies.

But having a spare set of wheels with a set of 888 on you need ton have to worry about wearing them down and runing the side wall for the road.

Italian 3.2 V6
this is true,

i was also recomended these yoko tyres (yoko version of the R888s?) meant to be a good tyre.. but better than the michies!?

just dont think i can afford 2 sets of wheels just yet tbh.. maby start of next year..

what to do :(

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
this is true,

i was also recomended these yoko tyres (yoko version of the R888s?) meant to be a good tyre.. but better than the michies!?

just dont think i can afford 2 sets of wheels just yet tbh.. maby start of next year..

what to do :(

A048 IIRC, they are on par if not better than R888 but then again they are more expensive.

Personally would not run 888 or 048s on the road, you wont get many miles out of them. and any standing water will give you problems.

I us exhaltos on the road, but i would not use them on track, because they dont offer best grip on track and are also really expensive to replace.

Just buy a set of oz f1s again like you have. not that expensive.

Italian 3.2 V6
ok, well for now, im gona buy some michies, then for next year i will hopefully have a new set of F1s with R888s on for track/quaters. not going to be doing anymore track/quaters for this year now. will be ready for next year tho ;)

cheers.

182 Cup
2.370... yours?

My best run when mine was stock was a 15.077 with a 60ft of 2.337. My best 60ft on the day was 2.287, but only resulted in a 15.233 run.

All my runs had a terminal speed of 90mph and I found that I ran into the limiter everytime crossing the finish line.

It was a wickedly hot day when I ran being 32 degrees, so good for grip but not for power.

What tyre pressures did you use? I found that dropping to 20psi gave me better starts. To improve my times I'm going for a re-map with an increased rev limit.

recaro'd 172 & trophy
my 172 ran a 14.1 at york. its got stripped out rear two trophy reccaro seats. yozza exhaust,throttle body ported polished,inlet manifold also ported and polished and matched inlets. along with a fastchip re map. so low fourteens are achievable with not too much work.

ibiza cupra
i dont think that is a bad time though mate. i ran a 15.8 at avon park (although i did need a few bits seeing to).

53 Clio's & counting
my 172 ran a 14.1 at york. its got stripped out rear two trophy reccaro seats. yozza exhaust,throttle body ported polished,inlet manifold also ported and polished and matched inlets. along with a fastchip re map. so low fourteens are achievable with not too much work.

Good time fella, but york is wildly known to be a bit less accurate, have you ran it at Pod? Id say that would be a mid 14 at Pod. what was your terminal speed?