ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well ****** off with renault

Hi everyone. Sorry this is so long and hope its in the right place.
Took my car into renault on monday morning, for a new sump gasket! They said it didnt seal properly so needed to keep it for another day till they got another new gasket, so they keep it over night. Next day they ring and say the other branch didnt have a spare one so they've ordered one from south, I'm in newcastle by the way, so they need to keep it another night, cos my car has sump off on ramps. so they finally organise a courtesy car for me on the tuesday, gets in the car and the petrol light comes straight on, i need to put some petrol in! they ring me wednesday afternoon, today, to tell me car is ready, so goes along to pick up my baby. Here is a list of the problems that it came back with!
1. My alarm is not working, thought it was just the proximity sensors, but its the whole alarm.
2. My engine managment light has come on, possibly due to the fact that they have put a new trip computer unit in there as the mileage was resetting itself all the time, my lambda sensors are disconnected due to it having a de-cat on, but my light never came up before.
3. They have bent the weak part underneath where you jack it up, possibly due to the fact that my car has been in the air for 3 days, with the sump cover off, probably getting all sorts of dust in there.
4. the small panel at the front under the engine to protect it i think, was hanging off.
5. My front window air vent is all marked where they have had to take the dash off to put the computer thing in and not put it back on straight.
6. They have scratched my bonnet, along with both front wings.
7. Not fixed the leaking light washer jet, which im sure i asked them to do.
8. And this is the worst by far, i think its called the gear linkage or something, underneath the car. It's now hanging right down, which has caused me to scrape it tonight while parking the car up, the clutch pedal is a lot harder than it was, and my gears are also different, they seem a lot harder to move, pretty stiff, and a lot longer in 2nd and 4th, almost to the point where my gaitor i think its called, is stretching, I'm not joking, the things is basically hanging under the car.
As you can imagine im well and truely p****d off. I will be ringing customer services tomorrow morning.
I told the guy that the thing was hanging very low, gear linkage or leverage whatever its called, he took it back in the workshop and asked the lads, they told him it was normal, so as you can imagine when he came back out and told me, i said its never been like that before and never that low, i really lost my temper and let out a few swear words, well, a lot of them.
I dont think i can post pics on here but will try and get one up for yous, and will happily name and shame the garage.
Also, with them emptying my fresh silkolene 5 40 and having to put fresh in, should they have changed my oil filter too, even though that was only 2 months old aswell as the oil, they probably put some 10 40 in it, god only knows.
I also told him i'd never be bringing my car back to that garage again.
So tell me your thoughts please. Rant over for now. Im soooooo p***** off.

Clio 172 mk2
That's bad, bad service

I'd kick up a fuss about that for sure...they charge f**king loads of money so I'd expect good service

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Did you spot all these things before you left? IMHO I'd have told them it was a joke and would not have accepted the car back.

I spotted the gear linkage, plastic engine cover and the engine management light, told them about it and they werent interested. Unfortunately, i didnt have time as i was supposed to be at work. Phoned up the customer services today to tell them everything, she said she was gonna ring the service manager and told me that he would ring me back, im still waiting, so will ring the customer services agian in the morning. It was scotswood road renault in newcastle that did the damage, will never ever take my car back there again. Gonna get it fixed over gateshead, hopefully this weekend, the gear change is absolute sh***.

Fiesta ST
chris'172 said:
I spotted the gear linkage, plastic engine cover and the engine management light, told them about it and they werent interested. Unfortunately, i didnt have time as i was supposed to be at work. Phoned up the customer services today to tell them everything, she said she was gonna ring the service manager and told me that he would ring me back, im still waiting, so will ring the customer services agian in the morning. It was scotswood road renault in newcastle that did the damage, will never ever take my car back there again. Gonna get it fixed over gateshead, hopefully this weekend, the gear change is absolute sh***.

No way, that's pretty bad that. I always take my RT (if it's something I can't get done elsewhere) to the Scotswood branch as its ten times better than the Gateshead one down by the Stadium. I just found the service down there really poor, but the guys over at Newcastle were much better, the Service Manager bloke that was there even knocked money off when I had a new Fuel Filter fitted as it was my first visit. :D

But I can't believe what happend to you, sounds like Ford's! (My bro has a focus). ;) Hope you get it sorted whatever though.

Hi there Jim, I'd seriously consider taking it somewhere else in the future. Here is the update;
after waiting patienly for mr service manager to ring me (he doesnt) i decide to go along to see him, he is apparently in a meeting, so i see one of the top techs in there along with fag (fat attitude guy) lol and they come out to see what the damage is. Top Tech thinks its normal for my gear linkage to be hanging 5 inches above the ground, untill he decides to go and look at another model, i ask him, do you still think its normal? he replys no, then finally admits that they have not fitted it properly, i ask them to tell mr service manager to phone me asap. Still no phone call, I'm fuming, so rings reno uk customer services again, on the phone for 40 minutes while he is having a conversation to him with me on hold, he comes back to tell me, this is good, that apparently, i went out for a test drive with the tech to make sure everything was ok, i never ever got to drive my car with a techy in there, also, the scratches were already on there, i should have asked him where, he also said that when i was showing them where the scratches were, i rubbed my finger on top of dry dust, basically causing more scratches, this did not happen, as the first time i pointed the scratches out was today, and guess what, the car was soaking wet with rain, another lie from mr service mananger. Then, after trying to organise a courtesy car etc and another garage to do the repair that they have f**ked up on, customer services tells me, that mr service manager does not want to see me or my car in his garage again, nor any other benfield garage, lol, he has barred me. Amazing aint it, he knows he is at fault, but yet wont admit it. So, im taking this further. renault uk have not been helpful, surely mr service manager cant do this. I also got my hands on the service sheet, which mentioned a gear box leak, i said why was i not informed about this, they couldnt reply, i wonder why, the probably f**ked that too when trying to fix the problem, and probably why my gears are so ruff, apart from the gear linkage being out, what a bunch of lying tossers work there.

Sorry its another long one, you can imagine how irate i am.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
that sounds diabolical service mate. keep on at them and dont take it lying down.

keep us all posted on any changes to the situation.

good luck, russ

A

ashy_gtt

The best thing you can do (and my lass has proved the with Benfield Fiat, and Springfield Peugeot) Go into the showroom and go to the service desk then start kicking off, explain how badly you have been treated how much you spent with them, how shocked you are at the level of support they have given you etc etc... But do it loudly, preferably on a saturday afternoon when the showroom is full of perspective buyers..... They will soon do something to quieten you down.

Keep ringing customer service tho, keep forcing the issue until they do something for you, tell them you are a member of a club of 1000's of renault enthusiasts and you will pass the word around etc.

I use the reno garage in Durham (Gilesgate) they are helpful and quick. Ordered a full head set, cam belt kit, head bolts, sump gasket etc on Thursday at 1.30, and it was all delivered and ready to pick up by 5.00 :)

Ashy.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I had similar with my old 306, they performed a service, and I asked them to sort my brakes out. 4 days later, coming out of my work place, took a left turn, doing about 15-20mph, and went to take a left again, put foot on brake, and it carried straight on!!!! I had a mate look at it, and he asked me if they'd touched the rear drum brakes, as the locking screws hadn't been touched, and they were showing years of dirt, so they obviously hadn't touched them, but charged me for the priviledge!!! Mandy and I stomped into the main showroom, I walked up to someone looking at a new car with salesman...advised that they needn't bother as the car's are s**t and the service is even worse!!! Then threw my keys at the service receptionist, and the receipt, "TELL ME WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO MY CAR???" in full earshot of everyone within a square mile! They couldn't do enough when I politely advised at full volume, that one of their monkeys could have killed me!

So go in, be blunt, make sure that you can be heard, and you may feel like a cnut for doing it, but if it gets the job done...isn't that what you set out for?

PS. Good Luck.
Donny

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
That is shocking service!!

I certainly woudn't take it lying down. I'd be contacting Watchdog as well as Renault about it.

Fiesta ST
jesus! that's terrible man.... i would defo be kicking off in person, as that is just crazy. Keep on at them for sure until you get it sorted. :(

Clio 172 mk2
donnyo said:
I had similar with my old 306, they performed a service, and I asked them to sort my brakes out. 4 days later, coming out of my work place, took a left turn, doing about 15-20mph, and went to take a left again, put foot on brake, and it carried straight on!!!! I had a mate look at it, and he asked me if they'd touched the rear drum brakes, as the locking screws hadn't been touched, and they were showing years of dirt, so they obviously hadn't touched them, but charged me for the priviledge!!! Mandy and I stomped into the main showroom, I walked up to someone looking at a new car with salesman...advised that they needn't bother as the car's are sh*t and the service is even worse!!! Then threw my keys at the service receptionist, and the receipt, "TELL ME WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO MY CAR???" in full earshot of everyone within a square mile! They couldn't do enough when I politely advised at full volume, that one of their monkeys could have killed me!

So go in, be blunt, make sure that you can be heard, and you may feel like a cnut for doing it, but if it gets the job done...isn't that what you set out for?

PS. Good Luck.
Donny

That is bad, bad story:(

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Don't worry Neil, 2 months later I'd binned the 306 and got the Cup, so there is a good side to it though! :)

Donny

Clio 172 mk2
That's good

I still can't believe they would take risks when it comes to brakes...shocking stuff!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
thats really bad service mate i would do as the others said go in there 9am on a morning or 5pmish at night everyone dropping off or picking up there cars they will do something quick i know as i work in a dealership and customers have done this and there quick to response try not to be to angry (as i know you and and i would be) but they have been taught to deal with customers like this (angry ones) by telling them to leave.

Hiya everyone, thanks for all your replys.
I have phoned up the trading standards, will also be phoning others aswell.
I've managed to book the car into another garage, they said they couldnt believe what they had done and didnt even know how my car managed to change gear at all!
Unfortunately i cant put pics on here, but if fred still has the pic of it, your more than welcome to put it on.
The guys at the other garage said they would polish my scratches out for me too, which i shall be keeping a close eye on as i dont want anymore on.
The work i had done at the scotswood road garage was under warranty, so i didnt pay for it, but it still makes no difference whether i pay or not.
The service manager, has me and my car barred from his garage, not just his garage, but every benefield renault in newcastle and gateshead, i didnt think he would be able to do this, but im still planning on another visit. He obviously never spoke to his tech, as his tech would have told him, if he was honest, that he admitted that they had fitted it back on wrong.
I'll let you all know how the service from the new garage goes, not mentioning his name yet, but will do once its complete.
I drove from newcastle to portsmouth to have my 24k service done off mike, top bloke, great service, as i didnt want these a***s in newcastle to touch it, im glad i drove all that way, god knows what they would have done on the service.
Anyway, cheers lads, Chris.

What sort of compensation would you ask for?, I obviously wont ever be taking my car back there again, so its not like i want another 2 years free servicing or anything. Chris

Mustang, S13, AX GT
chris'172 said:
Hiya everyone, thanks for all your replys.
I have phoned up the trading standards, will also be phoning others aswell.
I've managed to book the car into another garage, they said they couldnt believe what they had done and didnt even know how my car managed to change gear at all!
Unfortunately i cant put pics on here, but if fred still has the pic of it, your more than welcome to put it on.
The guys at the other garage said they would polish my scratches out for me too, which i shall be keeping a close eye on as i dont want anymore on.
The work i had done at the scotswood road garage was under warranty, so i didnt pay for it, but it still makes no difference whether i pay or not.
The service manager, has me and my car barred from his garage, not just his garage, but every benefield renault in newcastle and gateshead, i didnt think he would be able to do this, but im still planning on another visit. He obviously never spoke to his tech, as his tech would have told him, if he was honest, that he admitted that they had fitted it back on wrong.
I'll let you all know how the service from the new garage goes, not mentioning his name yet, but will do once its complete.
I drove from newcastle to portsmouth to have my 24k service done off mike, top bloke, great service, as i didnt want these a***s in newcastle to touch it, im glad i drove all that way, god knows what they would have done on the service.
Anyway, cheers lads, Chris.
I was just gonna suggest trading standards :D I think you should wait and see what they say, once they have confirmed the strength of your case you can go back to renault and make 'an offer' to let them help you outside of any legal battles. I think compensation should include the cost of the service at the other dealer, the costs involved in taking your car there, the mental anguish and stress that the issue has caused and further comp for the time taken to fix their mess. Also comp for reputational damage as you got barred from all renault dealers in your area. I think based on what trading standards say you can get a smile back on your face mate

I have a meeting with the service manager and the manager of the garage tomorrow morning. I phoned the benfield head office to ask what they were going to do for me and as a result a meeting tomorrow. Should i ask for money compensation for the scratches they have added to the bodywork, as there is no way im letting them touch my paint work. If no sucess with them, i'm contacting the media.

CS Dungeon
get free servicing out of them but just take it to another Renault, they will all honour the free services.

I very much doubt you will gain anything monetry unless you take them to small claims court.

Get them to pay to have the bonnet and wings resprayed, tell them your not happy with just having the scratches polished out.

And make sure you request a courtesy car for the duration of the work.

Good luck mate

Tesla MP3 2021
hope it gets sorted asap mate....
im currently having problems with renshit...sorry renault

I bet I get in trouble for this - but here goes anyway................................
Ive had loads of problems with renault - they very rarely fix anything and always lie. I tried complaining but no one cares and you end up getting all worked up - what you need is some stress relief.
I recommend a powerful catapult (black widow perhaps) a bag of ball bearings and a night in front of the renault forecourt - Ill come along as well.
good luck getting your car sorted.

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
richy92 said:
I bet I get in trouble for this - but here goes anyway................................
Ive had loads of problems with renault - they very rarely fix anything and always lie. I tried complaining but no one cares and you end up getting all worked up - what you need is some stress relief.
I recommend a powerful catapult (black widow perhaps) a bag of ball bearings and a night in front of the renault forecourt - Ill come along as well.
good luck getting your car sorted.

ooh ooh ooh can i come and play too? :evil:

Tesla MP3 2021
or what about some water ballons with some paint stripper/nitromorse inside....hahahahahahahahahahhahah;)

I thought I was going to get shot down for that suggestion - seems like other people feel the same way. Is anyone interested in starting a small army ? Then full scale war on renault ?
hehe

Hiya everyone.
Finally get to meet the service manager today, the manager was at another meeting, funny aint it. Apparently, its the first he has heard of my complaints. He tells me, he said no such thing to the guy from renault uk about not letting me and my car back to his garage. Anyway, he wrote all my complaints down and is going to talk to the manager today. So i have another meeting with the pair of them again tomorrow, lets see if they are both there this time eh. Will let you know the outcome tomorrow, or shall i just tell you now! The manager aint gonna turn up. Chris.

Tesla MP3 2021
^^^ good luck lad...

i think ill be having a few words with some of those big shots at renault if my car isnt ready 2morow.

1 week 3 days to fit a new head gasket and cam belt.......:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bloody hell!! bunch of doing b*stards.. they always do that tho.. kick up a fuss remember they need ur business so they shouldn't mess u around. threaten to go elsewhere.

'02 Clio Sport 172
Sorry to step in here but I myself have had troubles with Renault. I bought my 1st Clio billobong from the Sunwin Branch in Blackpool. We were promised 6 months tax, full tank etc etc. My girlfriend went to collect it and basically got the brush off.

A few weeks later my Girlfriend tried to use the button on key to open door. It failed. So she opened the door using the keyhole and the alarm went off which wouldnt stop and the car was completely imobile. After getting it back to Renault and supposedly fixed we return home.

The car came back with many faults. It ended up going back 3 times before it was repaired. They replaced both keys twice aswell.

One day driving past the local Peugeot garage I see a nice little silver 172 sport. I went in garage and hastily purchased it. Considering the 1st M.O.T was only a few months away Peugeot said they would put it through for us. They ring us later telling us that a small rubber seal in the gearbox needed replacing and it had to go to Renault. I almost cried.

We were told that the job was half a day at the very most. Three weeks later I still dont have the car back. Peugeot are telling us one story, Renault are telling us another. So basically I eventually get the car back after nearly 4 weeks of owning it and half a day driving it.

Everytime I braked there was a knocking sound from under the car. The peugeot garage was on my way home so I stopped off there. They jack it up and proceed to tighten up the drive plate/shaft?? that Renault hadnt tightened. I know not much about cars but there were several other issues aswell. Peugeot fixed it but wouldnt get involved if I wanted to take it further. I emailed both Sunwin and Renault uk complaining and never got a reply. I was so close to selling my car after not even getting to know it.

So dude when I read your story I thought it was just another day in the pathetic running of a crappy car company called Renault....

Sorry to hear about your problems too heli, its ridiculous the amount of time they had your car for.
Well, i got to see both managers today, was a waste of time, bunch of arseholes.
He said he would repair all the damage, but i said there was no way in this world he was getting his hands on my car, I told him that i had booked it into another garage for them to repair the faults that his garage had caused, basically, because i was apparently not allowed back on his forecourt, which he said today, he does not know who told simon from renault uk that, even though i asked him, 'have you asked all of your staff', to which he basically answered no. Some manager huh!
Went through my list with him, then asked him what compensation im getting, he said none, was i fuming. Asked him to come out and have a look at the state my car was in, and what does he do when looking at the scratches, read my previous posts, the stupid b*****d runs his finger right across my dirty dry paintwork, i went off it, as this is what simon said that i had apparently done when showing one of the mechanics the scratches that they had caused, so i told him to stop and told him what simon had said, and he loses his temper a bit and says not to be bloody stupid, can you believe it. Told the service manager i wanted a copy of my file, he only photocopied the first page, which has nothing on it, he doesnt want to give me a copy of the other page because its confidential, lol, so i kick up a big fuss, say a few swear words in the showroom and he does it for me, after i tell him the only thing thats confidential on that sheet is my name and address etc.
So, i ask for 5 litres of oil, manager says he can put this in for me now if i like, i say no, your never touching my car again, i want 5 litres, as they had put 10-40 in there, so, thats what i got out of the b******s today, 5 litres on oil.
Again, the garage i used was BENFIELD RENAULT- SCOTSWOOD ROAD, dont go there, they are absolute sh*te.
I know most of you use the silkolene 5-40, which i also had in there, only 2 months old, but they emptied it out, but do or would any of you use the elf excllium LDX? Is it any good, better, wrose, same etc?
Cheers guys, Chris.

Lionel Richie
i have the pic still!

this apparently "normal"

picture057.jpg