ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

went out for a blast with my new exhaust...

clio cup 172
have just had a ktec exhaust fitted so thought would take her for a blast as the roads have dried a bit. Before going out I thought I would check tyre pressures. Oops and buggery! Where a nice, uniform, 0.5 bar down on all sides so bumped back up fronts to 2.1 and rears to 2.3 as recommended in book and the drive was so much different, much more responsive, almost felt a little on tippy toe!

Howver, I think I need new tyres. I span my wheels in 1st (fine!) 2nd (ok!) 3rd (bugger) 4th (a little worried now) - in the first 3 gears it was not possible to give full beans as it just span :(! The road was still a little damp and very cold so that does not help, but, bloody hell it ruined my fun. Am looking at GSD3's (£70 each £319 fitted) or PE2's (£85 each £379 fitted) as Kwick fit have an offer on these.

What do ya think?

PH1 172
Shame you are not near my area as I can get a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s fitted and balanced for £100.....just thought these are 15" tyres and you will need 16" I am guessing

clio cup 172
blackscirles tyres with fitting and 5% discount I found on the tinternet £283 for Eagle GSD3. Good call theduck!

320d
PE2's are your best option by all accounts. Bloody hell my wheels have only sun in 2nd once and that was in heavy rain on a roundabout in the rain and my tyres are crap. Although i am 95hp down on your cup so...

clio cup 172
yes folks slight wheel spin in fourth on a straight road - how can that be driver errror?!?!?!?!?!. Hence the new tyres being fitted on Friday. The cup is mental enough in mildly moist conditions without the added fear of death on every straight and corner cos my tyres are like slicks for grip!

Decided to go for the GSD 3's as they have done rather well in tyre tests recently and are alot less than the PE's. I have after all just spent £400 replacing the exhaust that fell off and the family will be without food this month:S

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I've just had another set of conti sport contacts fitted to my 172, good tyre for the moey imo.

£74 each fitted with balanceing a valves from blackcircles.. should be fitted friday :), very happy with that for the money

clio cup 172
I did consider the conti sports but was swayed by the tyre tests i found online. TBH anything will be an improvement over the current ones!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
what it is is ure car is so much more powerfull now uve got the zorst that you can barley keep the power on the road..... its quiet easy to make the cars wheels spin in wet/damp conditions, thus u were either a) in 3 inch of water or b) driving like a t**t and making ure car do it.

go get some new decent tyres and drive more responsibly

clio cup 172
what it is is ure car is so much more powerfull now uve got the zorst that you can barley keep the power on the road..... its quiet easy to make the cars wheels spin in wet/damp conditions, thus u were either a) in 3 inch of water or b) driving like a tw*t and making ure car do it.

go get some new decent tyres and drive more responsibly

WTF are you on about! I am far,far to old to drive like a tw*t and I know how to drive a car 'properly' thankyou! My car is my toy and I cherish it as such. Do not tar me with the numpty brush please as you do not know me!:rasp:

FYI I was driving at no more then 1'2 to 3/4 throttle hence me requiring new tyres urgently- safety reasons!

ALso it aint much more powerful with a zorst. Maybe a couple of BHP, big wow! But it sounds just right;)

clio cup 172
sorry, did not pick up the sarcasm! I thought i had gained at least 50bhp!

I am sorting it out and that it why it is tucked in the garage until i do thankyou so much.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
by the way ure wheels light up in 4th with half throttle i thought u might of actualy got that lol! To be honest on first read it does come across as a chav my cars 1000bhp thread

clio cup 172
no its only 998 bhp but it is maxed out with 22" rims and 7" lowered suspension. Looks brilliant but i cannot drive it...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i had my 172 wheelspin in 4th at 80 with fortuna tyres on.

clio cup 172
you need to be gentle with the accelerator pressure and change your tyres and stay off the road:lolup: