ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Went to replace an exhaust mount but o dear...!

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Sorry in hindsight I should've taken a pic, but one of exhaust mounts is only being held in by 2 screws - the other one appears to be screwed in but no screwhead, must've sheered off in the past.

I think my exhaust mounts need replacing, what would be the best way to remove this headless screw? It's in the mount that's closest to the bumper, in the centre.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
mole grips on the broken off shaft(!) if theres enough. Or a screw extractor kit

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
There's nothing to grap onto the screw, it's not even flush with the surround!

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
mines only got one proper one left and the other is a threaded bar that I sorted, I wouldn't worry too much immediately. Just drill the old bolt out and either use a long bit of threaded bar as I have into the boot floor or I've seen someone use a type of rivet nut or re-tap the capsulated nut already in there.