ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids Rolling Road - Saturday 9th of June

secret
I had a long think of what i wanted, was going to be a evo 5 but i wanted to stay with my small cars but have alot of power and a friend of mine, wel mainly the mrs had this pulsar that he hasnt used for the past year due to getting a house so we gave him a txt and he finally gave in to selling it to me. Its being mot'd and taxed in the next week or so then its mine to pick up. But means i will be selling my clio the end of july and getting a diesel as a daily

Theres a silvia that pops up around cannok, purely just used as a drift car lol im sure there a SR20DET engine aswel with a few differences

I had a long think of what i wanted, was going to be a evo 5 but i wanted to stay with my small cars but have alot of power and a friend of mine, wel mainly the mrs had this pulsar that he hasnt used for the past year due to getting a house so we gave him a txt and he finally gave in to selling it to me. Its being mot'd and taxed in the next week or so then its mine to pick up. But means i will be selling my clio the end of july and getting a diesel as a daily

Theres a silvia that pops up around cannok, purely just used as a drift car lol im sure there a SR20DET engine aswel with a few differences

I will give you 6 months wocka and you shall be back in a clio .;)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Get a dci100 and have it remapped. Or even better. Get a dci100 van. No rear seats etc. it's already stripped ;)

Haha.

secret
Lmao i just want something that is good mpg and low tax and insurance, hmm decisions!!

I would consider a van tho, always ringing ppl because i need one lol

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
A Clio van. They come in white too. Couldn't think of anything better. Rs grille on the front. 172 alloys. Your laughing.

four ashes have or had one rs interior etc etc looked pretty good oooo and it had twingo gt wheels looked pretty cool!
plus i know a bloke who get bits pretty cheap too!!!!;)

I now have a DCI 100 and its pretty nippy tbh £30 year tax cheapo insurance and bloody good on fuel, but its not a 1*2 lol;)

And it breaks alot, likes to blow the intercooler pipes off and s**t up the egr valve! other than that its good

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'd love a dci for a run about! My mate has one and I swear the fuel gauge doesn't ever move!!

Cnt wait to see what my car puts out on the rolling road! It's with Fred today! Getting some TLC

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
1. Don Either
2. Mharvey (DEPOSIT PAID)
3. Martin182
4. Cswalmsley (DEPOSIT PAID)9th
5. Davo172 (DEPOSIT PAID)
6. Addicted (DEPOSIT PAID) {early}
7. Danevo (DEPOSIT PAID) either day
8. Cerrone (DEPOSIT PAID)9th
9. Blackcarbon(Dan) (DEPOSIT PAID) {Early}
11. T21ADS (DEPOSIT PAID) 9th and im bringing george
12. Junior Bear (DEPOSIT PAID)
13.Eddyg (DEPOSIT PAID)
14. RSL78 (DEPOSIT PAID)
15. Tom (DEPOSIT PAID)
16. Wayne9989 (DEPOSIT PAID)
17. Mart's brother (DEPOSIT PAID) {Early}
18. Steve (DEPOSIT PAID) {Late}
19. DaveDreads (DEPOSIT PAID)
20. Tr1umph (DEPOSIT PAID)
21. harribanjo (DEPOSIT PAID)
22. Davo172's mate in Scoobywagon (DEPOSIT PAID)
23. Joshua.j (DEPOSIT PAID)

We have one space free now as Wocka cant make it and Leon is on holiday...so if someone wants it...let me know.

Wocka...will refund cash over when I get home as its a pain in the arse on my phone. :)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
mine was there friday fixing squashed jacking points with lump hammer and de cat being put back on fred disapproves totally
I'm quite keen for a de cat but dnt want to make my car sound like a wet fart! Has it changed the sound of urs much?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
You've got 8 Clio's!!!? :eek:
I take it you're a bit of fan then mate? lol

Go one then, give us the list, tell us what mods they've got & what you use them all for.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You've got 8 Clio's!!!? :eek:
I take it you're a bit of fan then mate? lol

Go one then, give us the list, tell us what mods they've got & what you use them all for.

Dave...he's HAD 8 clios in the past. (glutton for punishment!!! Pmsl)

secret
Haha i dont know what id do with 8, most of had at once was 3, one was a 1.2 that was a run around that wouldnt die lol, another was a black valver which became a doner car for the other which was a 1.4 rt and that became a 1.8 16v sleeper. Was fast that was.

Wocka get a dci 80 or 100 steer clear of the 65 meant to be a load of cack.and you shall only mod it to try and make it like a 100.

Plus if you remap make sure its limited to 210 of torque or it will destroy clutches and boxes!!

heres an insight into specs etc

65 bhp -
No blue letters in the word DCI on the sidestrip.
No intercooler.
Turbo is a 5435 970 0000 Borg warner K series.
JB3 gearbox pretty much same as 1.6 16v.
Engine codes - K9K 704, K9K 700
OVAL PLATE CB07 (Inside of drivers door)
Standard Turbo Boost Pressure = 1 Bar (14.5psi)
Standard Fuel Pressure = 1400psi
No intercooler

80 bhp -
Blue I in the word DCI on the sidestrip.
Large Intercooler located infront of the radiator.
Injectors 15% more efficient than 65's.
Slightly different turbo to 65 (5435 970 0002 Borg warner K series).
JC5 gearbox pretty much same as 2.0 16v. From 2004 onwards JH3 and JR5 boxes were also fitted.
Engine code - K9K 702
OVAL PLATE CB08
Standard Turbo Boost Pressure = 1.2 Bar (17.4psi)

100 bhp -
Blue CI in the word DCI on the sidestrip.
Small fat intercooler (17% more efficient than 80 ic). Located infront of the radiator at the bottom.
Same injectors as 80.
Same fuel pump as 65 & 80 but runs at 1600 bar
Again, more efficient, variable geometry turbo (5439 970 0030 Borg warner K series)
Different block and head and different injection set up to 65 & 80 with the 100 having a stronger crank, stronger rods and pistons.
Inlets on the head are bigger, different cam and ex manifold.
Gearstick, reverse is down and right as opposed to up and left with the lift.
Gearbox is a JR5 120. (5 Speed box as fitted to petrol lagunas, no renault 6 speed box fits!)
Engine code - K9K 712.
OVAL PLATE CB2G
Standard Turbo Boost Pressure = 1.25 Bar (18.1psi)
Standard Fuel Pressure = 1600psi

Misc -

The reason the Pistons were changed on the dci 100 was due to the extra fuel pressure causing issues with the 65/80 pistons - worth noteing if you plan on changing fuel pressure

The dci 65 and dci 80 turbo is good for 1.5 bar but the dci 65 will NEED an intercooler to reach these sort of figures reliably and really the dci 80 will need a dci 100 spec intercooler at least.

we have just got the mrs a dci 100 and its pretty quick tbh

Re: West Mids Rolling Road - Date to be confirmed

What you had done cerrone?? what you reckon your figure will be this time??

Mines been at TCR all day having a few bits sorted!! shall hopefully be running around your last figure this time!:quiet:

secret
Wocka get a dci 80 or 100 steer clear of the 65 meant to be a load of cack.and you shall only mod it to try and make it like a 100.

Plus if you remap make sure its limited to 210 of torque or it will destroy clutches and boxes!!

heres an insight into specs etc

65 bhp -
No blue letters in the word DCI on the sidestrip.
No intercooler.
Turbo is a 5435 970 0000 Borg warner K series.
JB3 gearbox pretty much same as 1.6 16v.
Engine codes - K9K 704, K9K 700
OVAL PLATE CB07 (Inside of drivers door)
Standard Turbo Boost Pressure = 1 Bar (14.5psi)
No intercooler

80 bhp -
Blue I in the word DCI on the sidestrip.
Large Intercooler located infront of the radiator.
Injectors 15% more efficient than 65's.
Slightly different turbo to 65 (5435 970 0002 Borg warner K series).
JC5 gearbox pretty much same as 2.0 16v. From 2004 onwards JH3 and JR5 boxes were also fitted.
Engine code - K9K 702
OVAL PLATE CB08
Standard Turbo Boost Pressure = 1.2 Bar (17.4psi)

100 bhp -
Blue CI in the word DCI on the sidestrip.
Small fat intercooler (17% more efficient than 80 ic). Located infront of the radiator at the bottom.
Same injectors as 80.
Same fuel pump as 65 & 80 but runs at 1600 bar
Again, more efficient, variable geometry turbo (5439 970 0030 Borg warner K series)
Different block and head and different injection set up to 65 & 80 with the 100 having a stronger crank, stronger rods and pistons.
Inlets on the head are bigger, different cam and ex manifold.
Gearstick, reverse is down and right as opposed to up and left with the lift.
Gearbox is a JR5 120. (5 Speed box as fitted to petrol lagunas, no renault 6 speed box fits!)
Engine code - K9K 712.
OVAL PLATE CB2G
Standard Turbo Boost Pressure = 1.25 Bar (18.1psi)
Standard Fuel Pressure = 1600psi

Misc -

The reason the Pistons were changed on the dci 100 was due to the extra fuel pressure causing issues with the 65/80 pistons - worth noteing if you plan on changing fuel pressure

The dci 65 and dci 80 turbo is good for 1.5 bar but the dci 65 will NEED an intercooler to reach these sort of figures reliably and really the dci 80 will need a dci 100 spec intercooler at least.

we have just got the mrs a dci 100 and its pretty quick tbh

Bloody hell mate, thanks for that!! Would only map if i got better fuel aswel, gota make up for the 6mpg on boost in the pulsar :D

My mrs may be having my 172 so it may stay with me, yay!!!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
6mpg!!!! That's ridiculous. Try and keep the 172. You will miss it. Guaranteed.

secret
Thats only on high boost with ur foot planted. Avg about 20mpg. As i said up there ^^ my mrs may have it so i could still use it