ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids Rolling Road - Saturday 9th of June

I know I'm a little late to the party but reading through all 26 pages would kill me :rasp:

Can I still get in on this? I'd like to run my 182 (with BTM's GT Racing Cams) and see how it compares

I Shall let Don answer but i think there is only a reserves list now as all the 20 places are booked..

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I know I'm a little late to the party but reading through all 26 pages would kill me :rasp:

Can I still get in on this? I'd like to run my 182 (with BTM's GT Racing Cams) and see how it compares

We have 20 places already filled and currently 2 reserve places. If you want to be on reserve list in case anyone fails to make it or something turns up that they cant make it...then you will have to pay the full amount on the day. We've agreed 20 runners...but they might let us run a couple more but cant promise...

Just spoken to Kelly @ Viezu...we can do up to 23 if you want to run. Cant do more than that due to time constraints. :)

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
We have 20 places already filled and currently 2 reserve places. If you want to be on reserve list in case anyone fails to make it or something turns up that they cant make it...then you will have to pay the full amount on the day. We've agreed 20 runners...but they might let us run a couple more but cant promise...
Ahh, yeah I'll go on the reserve list then & see what happens on the day :)

Thanks for the replies Don + martin!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Ahh, yeah I'll go on the reserve list then & see what happens on the day :)

Thanks for the replies Don + martin!

You dont need to...as we can have up to 23 runners (more will be at their discretion)...will pm you my paypal addy when I'm back on pc as its £10 deposit with the remaining £20 to be paid to Viezu on the day.

Will update list and contact the other 2 (Josh and Leon) to see if they still want to run. :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Can we find out if Viezu have any advice on the best way to set the car up for a more accurate reading?

I know there are factors that'll alter the result, clean air filters, tyre condition & pressures etc.

Obviously we should all check tyre pressures that morning,
but is there a difference between accurate tyre pressures on the road in relation to the rollers?

Should tyre pressures be altered to compensate for the rollers, or do we keep them the same?

Or are these silly & pointless questions? :eek:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good points there Dave. I would like to know this also.

I think Fred was going to come along too. If one of the two on the reserve list can't make it perhaps ask Fred if he is running?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Don my mate says he will run his scooby wagon if there is any spaces or time ? he wont get there till 12.30 ish thou will this be ok ?? let me know i will put him down on list ?
Also know someone else who will bring a VERY intresting car down if we get time as well ;)

If there are 2 spare spots let me know ?

Last edited:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Can we find out if Viezu have any advice on the best way to set the car up for a more accurate reading?

I know there are factors that'll alter the result, clean air filters, tyre condition & pressures etc.

Obviously we should all check tyre pressures that morning,
but is there a difference between accurate tyre pressures on the road in relation to the rollers?

Should tyre pressures be altered to compensate for the rollers, or do we keep them the same?

Or are these silly & pointless questions? :eek:

You're not coming...pmsl ;)

Have you had a look on the net? As I'm sure there will be something somewhere about...

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Don my mate says he will run his scooby wagon if there is any spaces or time ? he wont get there till 12.30 ish thou will this be ok ?? let me know i will put him down on list ?
Also know someone else who will bring a VERY intresting car down if we get time as well ;)

If there are 2 spare spots let me know ?

We are good for 23 as they need to have enough time and staff (and food!!!) If I can see if the people wanting on reserve list want to run...then they have places first (only fair) but if they don't want to run, then there will be a place...bear with me while I see what Harrybanjo, Josh and Leon want to do.

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
You dont need to...as we can have up to 23 runners (more will be at their discretion)...will pm you my paypal addy when I'm back on pc as its £10 deposit with the remaining £20 to be paid to Viezu on the day.

Will update list and contact the other 2 (Josh and Leon) to see if they still want to run. :)
Have I ever told you that I love you? I'll PayPal you when I get the PM :)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
You leave my tits alone!!!

I can ask if that would help...but probably a whole load easier to use Google...;)

I've been searching and it seems there's lots of ways to cheat to create better results which is pointless tbh,
basically the best thing to do is clean and change things as much as you can.

Clean filter,
new or young oil,
normal tyre pressures,
(over inflated tyres will give higher/artificial readings, waste of time seeing as you'll put them back to normal to drive it home)
apparently it's not a good idea to let the car idle for too long before your run either,
all toys off, AC, auto lights etc,
run in 3rd gear.

That's all i've learnt so far, but i'm sure they'll have some advice for us on the day.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I knew about ac and lights, etc...as 172Cups used to have better figures than equivalent 172 & 182s which had ac, etc. It will take more power as its trying to run the other stuff while its being done.

I need to get new oil as mine is running a bit low. Filter is clean and was reoiled a couple of months ago.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be cleaning and re-oiling my filter in the coming weeks and cleaning the throttle body,
might change the oil aswell it's almost a year since it was done,
now I just have to figure out how to switch my auto lights off.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Where we r going they run it in 4th i think I'm right in saying!!!! I just cleaned my car last time and checked oil and it ran pretty good! Lol wack it on and let the lads do there thing and hope to god it doesn't go BANG! Simple!!!

I'll be cleaning and re-oiling my filter in the coming weeks and cleaning the throttle body,
might change the oil aswell it's almost a year since it was done,
now I just have to figure out how to switch my auto lights off.

Dave turn your lights on and off a few times and if i remember correctly you will hear a beep when they are disarmed!!

This is what i do but i have a mild case of OCD lol;)
1.Tyre pressures
2.tyre condition
3.tracking spot on (some RR refuse cars that wander severely)
4. wheels balanced with no severe steering wheel wobble (some RR refuse cars that wander severely)
5.fresh oil and filter
6.coolant level (preferably newish coolant)
7. correct gearbox oil level (new oil if not changed for a while)
8.check for exhaust leaks
9.clean throttle body
10.clean and re-oil air filter
11. decent fuel but no good putting super in if you run normal stuff as it won't make any difference tbh
12.general running condition of engine (hitting the limiter in 4th has alot of strain on old tired parts and they will show)

There is loads more but that is all i can think off the top of my head.

Last edited:
  secret
Good guide mate. I just did oil and filter and cleaned air filter wen v6 box went on :)

Everythin else is all good but still might not be running it ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Mines going to go bang. I've got to do all the above. Most of all I need to sort fluids out. And I can imagine some problems arising afterwards. Ah well. It's the price you pay to find out results. ;)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I doubt it mate, surely it's just a flat out blast to the limiter in 3rd?
I'm sure we all boot it in at least one gear when we get the chance, can't see a rr day being any different to a good boot full?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
They bop it in 4th and floor it to see the power when accelerating, then when decelerating that is also where they get figures from.

I've done 2 in the 182 and did 5 or 6 in the 172Cup. If your car is in good health, then it should be fine. The first time you run your car...you will s**t yourself worrying...but its fine.

Yep 4th gear is correct if they feel something is not right they back out anyway plus they have a computer plugged to the car taking constant readings of everything. so not to worry and tbh those things i listed is what i do... it doesn't mean you need to do the same your cars won't blow up lol;)

we shall leave the blowing up to my brother in his subaru :rasp:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I know but I imagine if something was to happen it would happen to me. I'm looking forward to it though.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
You don't have any faith in your car Adam. Is it really that bad?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I was shitting it last time then ddon't started playing on it and because I was running last I full ong cacking myself....... But it went good!!!