ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wests Widetracked Flame Red DCI 80 Sport Rep

Clio 1.5 DCI
Re: Flame Red DCI 80 Sport Rep

okay so this looks mint, i want to do mine.

any help you can chuck my way would be much appreciated.

renault clio 1.4

Just out of interest how much roughly is it for the bumpers, wings and side skirts? thinking of starting a rep myself :)

Clio 1.5 DCI

what would be the best way to upgrade mine powerwise from a 65?

and how much is the whole bodykit costing and out of 10 how hard is it to do?

172DD Cup

would you really buy power mods for a dci? i like the idea of a dci sport rep, but i'd spend it on the show not on the go. unless it has a turbo, then getting it remapped may be an option.

DCi 100

All DCi's have a turbo, all of them do pretty well with a remap aswell much better than you'd expect from the sort of gains you get with petrol.

Bodykit is just aload of 10mm bolts, side skirts are tricky to get the clips on etc but not that much hassle. To swap subframes like Tom's done to wider track (inch and half wider each side), will be your hardest bit as driveshafts need changing, change gearbox oil, all the alignment set up afterwards.

172DD Cup

remap info: http://www.cliodci.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=710

if swapping subframes you'll need new tie rods as well. the tie rods i got delivered with a dci rack were much shorter than the sport tie rods. alternatively you could get hub spacers and wheels with a small offset, but subframe's better for the complete finish :)

Discounted 1*2 parts

Just out of interest how much roughly is it for the bumpers, wings and side skirts? thinking of starting a rep myself :)

I paid about £300 for front and rear bumpers, wings and skirts. They were the right colour but I had them resprayed anyway because I wasn't happy with the finish. This cost me about another £250.

what would be the best way to upgrade mine powerwise from a 65?

and how much is the whole bodykit costing and out of 10 how hard is it to do?

Fitting the bumpers and wings was straight forward, albeit a bit time consuming (especially the front wings!)

A popular mod for the DCI 65 is to fit the DCI 80 front mount intercooler.

Not sure what power increases are likely from a remap but have heard good things (all turbo diesels seem to respond well)

Discounted 1*2 parts

To swap subframes like Tom's done to wider track (inch and half wider each side), will be your hardest bit as driveshafts need changing, change gearbox oil, all the alignment set up afterwards.

if swapping subframes you'll need new tie rods as well. the tie rods i got delivered with a dci rack were much shorter than the sport tie rods. alternatively you could get hub spacers and wheels with a small offset, but subframe's better for the complete finish :)

Only reason I went down the subframe route was because I had all the parts from the 172 I broke for parts. If I hadn't have had this I probably would have gone down the spacer route, although 30mm spacers could cause excessive wear on wheel bearings

Clio 1.2 mk2

Absolutely mint mate, without a doubt my favourite clio on here bar a few track cars! Nice work!

Discounted 1*2 parts

So 1 year and 24,000 miles on from starting this thread I thought I'd make a quick summary of the progress so far :)

Day 1 - standard

P1020100.jpg

P1020089.jpg

To this

P1030756.jpg

P1030774.jpg

Mods so far

• Full 172 bodykit inc front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts and front wings
  • 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2
  • Vmax coilovers
  • 172 subframe, wishbones and driveshafts
  • 172 front brake conversion
  • Colour coded door handles and door mouldings
  • Civic Type R aeiral
  • Rear silvervision bulbs
  • RS grille
  • Cup splitter
  • Megane washer jets - to be fitted
  • RS200 steering wheel
  • Flame Red dash inserts
Still to do:
  • Rear disc conversion
  • Rear silvervisions
  • 3/4 front plate
  • Cup spoiler
  • Xenon's
  • RS interior

Disastra Coupe

Want to chuck some money my way? Lol... That's a fair bit of stuff for a year's progress!

Discounted 1*2 parts

Finally got around to fitting the washer jets - not bothered about having them plumbed in to work as they'll just leak anyway!

Comparison with a standard clio washer jet

P1030934.jpg

Finally fitted!

P1030975.jpg

Also fitted a set of 6k HID's as well and removed the side light bulbs. Got a set of silvervisions arriving this week

P1030973.jpg

And how she stands at the moment - excuse the dirt!

P1030976.jpg

Discounted 1*2 parts

Finally got around to taking the dealer/elf stickers out the rear window too!

My rear wiper motor is fucked but not sure whether to fit the spare I bought or de-wiper it (I did like the cleaner look when I de-wipered my 182)???

De-wiper it!

Love this car, will use it as inspiration soon enough as I'm on the hunt for a DCI80.

Completely transformed! The difference between a sport and non-sport is massive! If I had to get a diesel would seriously consider a Dci rep!

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v

agreed the best ones by far my van is on 193k still has original injectors/pump/egr valve.