ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wet track rubber? pe2's v parada spec2

a thirsty one
few track days coming up next few months and exect a few to be in rain.

i have 2 choices my std 16's with std michelin pe2's with about 4-5mm left all round or a set of spare 15's with brand new yoko parada spec 2's.

i used the parada round silverstone in horrible weater and they were quite slippy but i hadnt used my pe2's on track before so hard to compare (wet tracks are not like wet roads).

anyone any ideas which set i would be best using? the old 205 width pe2's part worn or brand new parada spec2 in 195 width this is advice is for wet track days only.

Clio 172 Cup
yoko's are at thier best when they are warm and tend to be poor in the wet so i would say the the pe2's for an all round tyre

Not a poxy Renault
I did Bedford this year in the rain with 16" PE2's and I was very impressed with them, I'm afraid I can't compare to the yoko's though. However, 4 x 15" paradas must cost about the same as 2 x 16" PE2's!
Best bet is to take both sets of wheels with you and swap them over on the day.

i would say PE2's over the parada in the wet. iv used paradas, PE2's and F1's on road and track and F1's were the best on wet tracks

a thirsty one
I did Bedford this year in the rain with 16" PE2's and I was very impressed with them, I'm afraid I can't compare to the yoko's though. However, 4 x 15" paradas must cost about the same as 2 x 16" PE2's!
Best bet is to take both sets of wheels with you and swap them over on the day.

i was thinking the pe2's would be better on wet track the problem is taking 2 sets and storing them not all the track days coming up have garages.

i already have the yokos mate on my 15's and thankfully as i bought 8 of them (mate needed 4 as well) they only cost £134 for all 4, costco want £98 per corner. so it would cost me 2 front pe2s and still have my yokos unused at home.

may just use the parada spec2 whatever the weather if its wet i'll just have to measure the grip and go a bit slower.