ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are the chances of getting my iPhone replaced...

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
For the reason of 1 dead (black) pixel on my screen? It's off centre but it pisses me off it's been there almost since the day I got it and since the warranty runs out soon I thought I should see if they will replace it plus I'd have a nearly new one to sell when the new one comes out assuming a new one does come out

cheers

S3, Polo
Unlikely IMO. You'll never know unless you ask though!

Just get the screen replaced for about £60 when it's out of warranty.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Yeh they would say that, according to all the iphone forums though you can't tell as long as you restore it.

S3, Polo
Wikipedia said:
Some manufacturers have a zero-tolerance policy with regard to LCD screens, rejecting all units found to have any number of (sub-)pixel defects. Displays meeting this standard are deemed Class I. Other manufacturers reject displays according to the number of total defects, the number of defects in a given group (e.g. 1 dead pixel or 3 stuck sub-pixels in a 5x5 pixel area), or other criteria.
In some cases, the manufacturer sends all screens to sale, and then replaces the screen if the customer reports the unit as faulty and the defective pixels meet their minimum requirements for return.[5] Some screens come with a leaflet stating how many dead pixels they are allowed to have before you can send them back to the manufacturer. Dead pixels may tend to occur in clusters; in most cases displays with such a problem can be sent back to the manufacturer.

ISO_13406-2

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Apple changed my 3G when I kicked up. To be fair i don't think they would have because the genius was an idiot. The Manager was more than helpful and didn't argue the point at all

BMW F31
My iPhone screen had a dull patch on the screen about half the size of a 5p, took it to the Apple Genius bar etc, they replaced it for a new one!

Book yourself in and ask the question!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
have you checked the bottom of the case for hairline cracks at all? You may find it has one that you hadn't even realised (usually coming off the data connector port) and they will almost certainly replace it for that.