ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are these two bolts for? (Fitting B14's)

DSC_0001.gif

The two bolts between the shocks, they are to small to be used to hold the rear or front shocks into place so i'm guessing they are for the rear spring carriers but can't see where they go?

I pressume the rear spring carriers just sit into place over the existing rubber stopper?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I have this kit, didn't have those two bolts though? And I can't see where they would go? Rears fit exactly as a standard shocker does, change the springs over and fit the adjusters under the springs. I don't have the adjuster on the rear of mine, I removed it to allow it to drop more. But I don't have any interior to compensate

I have this kit, didn't have those two bolts though? And I can't see where they would go? Rears fit exactly as a standard shocker does, change the springs over and fit the adjusters under the springs. I don't have the adjuster on the rear of mine, I removed it to allow it to drop more. But I don't have any interior to compensate

This is what I thought odd really, the seller had the coilovers fitted at a garage so can't comment on how they go on unfortunately.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Give k-tec a ring? I'm sure they would help you. Fred knows a lot about them as well. But 100% mine doesn't have them. If it was me I'd go ahead and fit them. It's easy to do. Just measure the two front shocks so they have the same amount of drop and keep adjusting until your happy with the look of the car

Mondeo TDCI 130
I have seen people nut and bolt the lower rear shocker if the threads have been damaged etc? Occasionally they will snap! Had it happen once to me!

Maybe that? You shouldn't require them though IMO. :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I have seen people nut and bolt the lower rear shocker if the threads have been damaged etc? Occasionally they will snap! Had it happen once to me!

Maybe that? You shouldn't require them though IMO. :)

That size bolt? It's tiny

If you bought these off M6 tmw is it, the bolts arn't off the coilovers as i sold him them, they are indeed the 2 bolts out of the Powerflexed dogbone mount i also sold him, hope this clears this up for you

yes these are the coils i sold him, couldnt see the pic at 1st as i was on my mobile and as said the bolts are from the dogbone, also notice it says you have a 182 and these are infact 172 fitment

Last edited:
Yep hopefully he's non cup packed, still have invoice for these aswel, were ordered brand new last yr by Adamm, he fitted them to his ph1 and crashed it a few month's later and i bought the car for the box,wheels etc and was going to keep these but thought the money would of been better off in the pocket lol

Ohh yeah and the adjuster for the rears should be fitted to tye top i.e against the body and not on the rear beam iirc

clio 172/ evo 6
Ohh yeah and the adjuster for the rears should be fitted to tye top i.e against the body and not on the rear beam iirc

Are you defo sure mate....a few people have told me they go at the bottom...they only sit in the spring at one end..

???

Confused!

Are you defo sure mate....a few people have told me they go at the bottom...they only sit in the spring at one end..

???

Confused!

1000000% sure! See a post that sprintcup has also put up today regarding this, they usually do go at the bottom but on the B14's they should be at the top as whwn its at the bottom and the rear beam moves up and down the spring doesn't seat on the adjuster properly!

clio 172/ evo 6
Thanks fellas....with the adjusters removed the car sits quite low at the back..(on 16" alloys)....with the adjusters fitted but screwed right in (lowest setting)...the car sits a bit too high.

Is it one or the other..??

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Thanks fellas....with the adjusters removed the car sits quite low at the back..(on 16" alloys)....with the adjusters fitted but screwed right in (lowest setting)...the car sits a bit too high.

Is it one or the other..??

The adjusters don't allow for enough adjustment on the rear, it's a shame TBH