ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What bits off of a mk2 will fit on a mk1??? Exterior/interior

1997 Mk1 1.2
Title says it all really, Just wondering out of curiosity more than anything what experiences people have had swapping parts between mk1 and mk2, exterior / interior wise,

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My mk1 has mk2 box / wishbones / hubs / brakes.
Engine would also go but I've kept a Williams lump for now.

Subframe doesn't fit.

Dash kind of fits.

Rear beam doesn't but might be adaptable.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Alloys, a set of half decent oem fit alloy wheels from a mk2 will smarten your mk1 up nicely. Cheap enough and regularly available on here

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Side strips dont fit, I tried it. The mk1 strips are much longer and the clips are different on the mk1 doors.

i have a mk1 valver and the mk2 parts I have are as follows:

engine
box
wishbones
shafts
hubs
front brakes
rear calipers
radiator
steering rack
pas setup
172 manifold
172 twin barrel cat

*soon*
Seats
door cards
dash

*stuff im looking at in the future*
rear beam and suspension
front subframe
air conditioning

the front suspension does fit but because the top mounts are different its a little awkward a guy on c16v managed to bodge it by using two top mount bearings ontop of each other but im happy with using my williams avo coilovers with the hubs machined to fit.

go check out my project thread and have a look, im trying to get as many mk2 parts on my car as possible due to most mk1 parts being NLA

edit: the front subframe could be made to fit but would require a little bit of chopping and welding, wouldnt be too difficult, im hoping to install the a/c after this too.

oh forgot to mention about the manifold and cat, it hangs quite low so looks like a pair of testees lol! Ill be looking at the 182 manifold and cat as a solution as the cat i have hangs really low and if it fits on a ph1 172 itll fit a mk1 as floorpan wise there only small subtle changes

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
edit: the front subframe could be made to fit but would require a little bit of chopping and welding, wouldnt be too difficult, im hoping to install the a/c after this too.

A little bit?

Its inches away on the front mounts!

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Yeah but from how I compared the 172 and valver subframe the bolt locations are in the same place at the back, difference lies in the front, the 172 has a box section spot welded to the chassis legs which goes to meet the front subframe mounts, so in theory by taking that out the mk2 and bolting it to the subframe then offering it up to the mk1 I can weld the box section on as the chassis rails are pretty much the same again.

it will give so much more clearence in the front because it forms a square instead of the diagonal subframe taking up all the room for an ac pump

94' Valver F4R'd
Don't do it Craig! You are ruining your car! :( Why dont you just buy a MK2 lol :)

But A/C would be cool in a mk1, only if it has the mk1 dash... with the mk2 it would be too normal

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Don't do it Craig! You are ruining your car! :( Why dont you just buy a MK2 lol :)

But A/C would be cool in a mk1, only if it has the mk1 dash... with the mk2 it would be too normal

My car is going to be epic, only in your opinion is it being ruined chap.