ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Brakes

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

I need to upgrade my brakes, as the Standard ones are CRAP!!

Need to put new Front Disks and Pads on but i dont know what i should go for??

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Any ideas what i should pay for them? Also - where is best to get them, and also what pads to use with them?

Thanks

If you just want standard size discs and pads i would imagine the price would have to be about £300 fitted but if you wanted to go up to a full brake conversion with 6-pot calipers pads and disc you could pay upto £1500 fitted.
(Ive got these and they are massive 314mm discs)I got these prices from and fitted by elite in essex

to get the best from standard brake setup, you should use group n discs which are made out of a softer steel, so heat up faster and have a better CoF. Used with Ferodo DS2000 or DS2500 pads, it will be the bast you can get from teh standard set up....this will cost around 100 quid, and its what i use, no point in goin larger as i can still lock wheels easily.
The you can get larger discs that use standard calipers and again, use the ferodo pads....can get up to 280-300mm discs....about 150-200 quid inc all brackets.
last is the full monty. Cheapest are willwood 4 pot dynalites with 280mm discs which go for around 850 quid. The the tarox 4 pot at 1000 quid then tarox 6 pots for about 1300-1500 quid and max out at 1800 quid for the brembo 4 pots. I would recommend the willwood 4 pots as they are really all you need for such a light car, and at the cheapest is the best option....as far as new calipers go.
choice is yours!

AP racing need alot of servicing because they dont hvae good or any dust seals, needing a rebuild often. !0pots are no good reallt becasue the overall piston area is teh same as a 4 pot....the 10 pot pistond are like 5p peices!

Ben would you recomend using the Willwood 4-pots with Group N discs? If you wanted tpo get a big disc conversion and use 4-pots how would you mount the calipers, wold you need a custom made braket?

the willwoods come with larger brade discs, calipers and the brackets....as the calipers wont fit on the standard hub....
but for 800odd quid, its pretty cheap.

anyone know which website i could get the ferrodo pads from and what model number in particular? am driving 1.4L 16v clio current model with the startled-rabbit lights...

using ebc greenstuff at the moment and am quite satisfied but intend to try ferrodo once they spas out...

thanks in advance...

kona
www.renaultcarclub.com