ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what car would you swap your cup for?

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
had the cup for 4 years now, don't really want to take any car payments so i was thinking of swapping my cup for something of a similar value. Its a 53 plate with 34k on clock.

any ideas what a good swap would be? insurance isn't a problem

Also had mine for 4 years and have the same dilema but cant think of anything that is as good value for money for the performance\fun factor.

Going to keep mine now i think.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
have had all sorts of cars including a new Elise S - and for value for money fun factor! theres no beating the 172/182 range! ;)

cock mobile.
Could change to an early EP3 for not a lot more, maybe 1k ish.

Probably the only car I'd recommended that was not silly old etc.

Last edited:
  Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
i think i just get a bit bored, and it sounds like a good idea. I can't really see me owning another car for 4 years. My longest spell before the cup was 9 months! so it has made a good impact.

Turbo LY R27
Ive really gone off the type r. Think it looks crap. Everything looks so stuck on. Mate of mine just got 1 and the side skirts look like stuck on haldrauds? Gearstick looks like a dildo as well. Not my cup of tea really. Good fun and wicked engine but much prefere the clios. Get a scooby, turbo 2000. Bout same price range (roughly) and awsome! Cheaper to insure than the other scoobs, only a 17 rather than a 20.

Renaultsport Clio 197
im gonna get an alfa romeo gtv v6 next year for mine with some change too!

you mean the 3.0 V6

my friend has a 2.0 V6 turbo.
we're side by side to about 90 mp/h in a drag race, and then he's faster..goes away

And yeah, probably has one of the nicest engine bays appart from the GTA models

IMG_0053.jpg

alfa romeo gtv v6
im gonna get an alfa romeo gtv v6 next year for mine with some change too!

you mean the 3.0 V6

my friend has a 2.0 V6 turbo.
we're side by side to about 90 mp/h in a drag race, and then he's faster..goes away

And yeah, probably has one of the nicest engine bays appart from the GTA models

IMG_0053.jpg
yeh the 3.0 v6. isnt much quicker than the 172 to 60 but its got so much more torque and noise! my mates getting one after he sells his 155 3.0 v6..... http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/351343.htm now thats a nice engine!

CLS, RS MEG
I keep looking for alternatives; there really isn't much in direct comparison. The clio is fast, new-ish, shows up alot of higher priced cars and is relatively good on fuel averaging 37mpg. What else can match that for 5 grand?