ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What cars can we beat???

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Post above is meaningless as that load of rubbish is copy/pasted from a site based on theory. All the times listed are calculated using the sites performance calculator which is not entirely accurate at all.

None
Technically the only golf to beat a 1*2 in a straight is the mk4/5 r32 but the mk5 gti will almost match it exactly on paper, as for interiors, i have a FF 182 and the interior is top notch.

S3's are only superior in a straight line because of the 4wd system, they get the power down much quicker.....i should know, my sister has one :)

one car i wouldn't try it on with......Mazda 3 mps

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
What the merry feck?^^^ Post faliure on a grand scale

Anyway....i've played with a CTR (bread van shape) in a straight line and both were near equal.
I've also tracked a 911 Carrera 2 down the A24. Yeah he munched me in the straights but never quite got as far away as he'd thought he would.
I kept clawing it back on the roundabouts!

Really most wagons with similar power to weight ratios will be pretty equal on twisties unless we are talking trick diffs and semi slick tyres.
Power can corrupt a poor chassis. Why do you think Exiges/Elises are so capable thru twisties? A benchmark setting chassis with adequate power.

immaculate clio 172
Mate, your off your head if you think a Cliosport even compares to a Golf GTI (which i have driven, they are in a different league!) and i didn't put a 2003 Type r in my list of cars, i put a JDM one in which is 215bhp as standard.

As for the alfa 147, christ, i can't believe i've got to say this again, but just for you, i will.

The OP stated STRAIGHT LINE PERFORMANCE, even you have just said, its useless except in a straight line. So who's the "cxnt" now then?!

I no a clio doesnt compare to a golf gti with quality etc i owned one remember but that golf was 3 times more expensive than my 172 and less fun, and I no you never mentioned a normal civic type r in your list, i was just saying that they no quicker and im not thick i do no what a jdm model is, they are imports only available in white and go for around 10k on 2002 plate's, very rare in uk but not stupidly quick compared to some hot hatches out there, the mk 5 golf is more powerful once past 90 but thats down to torque as 172 has 149lbt and golf has 207lbt but all im simply saying is a clio sport is up there with the best of them at a fraction of the price in comparison, dont try and talk the talk to me mate ive forgotten more about cars than you will ever no lol

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I no a clio doesnt compare to a golf gti with quality etc i owned one remember but that golf was 3 times more expensive than my 172 and less fun, and I no you never mentioned a normal civic type r in your list, i was just saying that they no quicker and im not thick i do no what a jdm model is, they are imports only available in white and go for around 10k on 2002 plate's, very rare in uk but not stupidly quick compared to some hot hatches out there, the mk 5 golf is more powerful once past 90 but thats down to torque as 172 has 149lbt and golf has 207lbt but all im simply saying is a clio sport is up there with the best of them at a fraction of the price in comparison, dont try and talk the talk to me mate ive forgotten more about cars than you will ever no lol

Yes mate, I can tell by the huge blocks of text that you write with no full stops that your a highly intelligent human being. :rolleyes:

Renaultsport Clio 197
wtf I've beaten every (manual gearbox) mkV gti so far... beaten or side by side untill VERY silly speeds. DSG is quicker. Ed30 is quicker too.
Same with focus st (have a vid to prove it)

i'm quicker then a corsa vxr in every way possible. A guy I know has a 197 too and is quicker then a remaped vxr too.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
dont try and talk the talk to me mate ive forgotten more about cars than you will ever no lol

That'll be KNOW.;)

At the end of the day, apart from it getting dark, all that should really matter is if you enjoy the wagon you drive.
If you are a power craver then, go get more power and laugh manically as you piss over anything short of a supercar off the lights. Done. Happy?

Where the Clio Sports come in to their own is their ability to mix a good bit of shove with a great ability to make you do cheshire cat impressions when you chuck it down a B road...or round a track.

So....arguing over who thinks what is quicker etc is..well...funny actually...carry on.:clown:

immaculate clio 172
Yes mate, I can tell by the huge blocks of text that you write with no full stops that your a highly intelligent human being. :rolleyes:

Sorry i never knew we were sitting a exam lol its a forum i just type as it comes off tongue, soz you must be very well educated that would probably explain why your a coxk, full stops wont help you when your car fxxks up now will it hahaha

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Sorry i never knew we were sitting a exam lol its a forum i just type as it comes off tongue, soz you must be very well educated that would probably explain why your a coxk, full stops wont help you when your car fxxks up now will it hahaha

Your extremely hostile towards me and i'm not sure why. I also fail to see how education = "coxk". I think from that comment it is safe to assume you were one of those lads at school who thought it was the cool thing to do to be thick as f**k.

What has my car f**king up go to do with anything? Not that it has fucked up i've never had anything at all go wrong with it in 2 years of ownership.

Just noticed your location, are you one of the many bellends who hang out on the B & Q/Pizza hut carpark in Queensferry speeding around the car park? You seem like the sort.

immaculate clio 172
Your extremely hostile towards me and i'm not sure why. I also fail to see how education = "coxk". I think from that comment it is safe to assume you were one of those lads at school who thought it was the cool thing to do to be thick as f**k.

What has my car f**king up go to do with anything? Not that it has f**ked up i've never had anything at all go wrong with it in 2 years of ownership.

Just noticed your location, are you one of the many bellends who hang out on the B & Q/Pizza hut carpark in Queensferry speeding around the car park? You seem like the sort.

NO no mate i no the carpark that you are on about but not for me as do actually have a social life lol love all things cars but do prefer to be out on the town on weekend tbh. Come to think of it you sound like the kind of chap to hang out on pizza hut or mc donalds lol just messing, only friendly banter on here thats what makes it interesting isnt it (peace):D

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
This thread is almost over I guess, but just to add my input, a 1*2 will not beat a DC2 Integra!
Had a do with a 350Z and it pulled 1 car length on me uphill to 90mph, and I'm pretty sure a 350Z would nail a Clio.

Loved my 182, and would definately have another, but I would accept it is slower than a DC2!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
To be brutually honest, if you are out "crusin" looking to jump people off the lights...i.e the kids in Novahhs and kitted up Saxo's who can only really just about drive in a straight line anyway ...then really you are cheapening the brand.

If its bigger, faster and down a proper road, then you can brag. Otherwise...feck off to the local Retail Park and slide about on Burger King trays. :rasp:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Could you imagine some of this lot around a track? Frightening thought.

They'd prob park up on the start finish line wating for the lights to turn green....

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

Manual cars are only as good as the driver.....

Street racing FTL any how.

Clio 182FF
I don't care if sports cars beat me (I'll still have a go) but more than anything I enjoy blowing stupid rep mobiles out of the water. Especially when they come the other side of you at the lights in their waggons and you just boot it :)

yap

51 Clio 172
People here think the clio has 'supercar status' tbh so don't know what you lot are on about.

Straight line performance you wouldn't get near:

megane 225 or better
Golf GTI
Focus RS
Astra VXR (and the 888 version)
Mazda 3 MPS
Audi S3
Mini Cooper S Works GP
JDM Civic Type R
the 888 VXR version of the Corsa VXR
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA
Teg

Theres probably more aswell.

It all depends on expierience and balls, a 172/182 etc can do as well depending who is behind the wheel.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
was referring to mk5 not 4, 4's are horrible cars imo. Your entitled to your opinion of course, i've never driven both toe to toe but i have driven both and the GTI felt much faster, it depends on the measure of "Straight line performance" anyway, if your talking 0-60 then thats quite possibly the most useless measure of performance ever except for the traffic light grand prix vets. 30-80 is a much more realistic measurement as thats where most of your driving is done and torque is the killer in that range.
cba reading the last few pages and i dont even have a clio anymore to really care, but the feel of the car can be very deceptive. The GTI's are turbo's so they will feel faster as it will have more torque than the 1*2, it doesn't mean it actually is faster though. My S13 feels faster than a 1*2 but against each other we'd be neck and neck until 100+ when I would start to pull ahead.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

What has my car f**king up go to do with anything? Not that it has f**ked up i've never had anything at all go wrong with it in 2 years of ownership.

At the same time your a bit of a muppet to think a MK5 GTI will leave a 1*2. I pulled along side a 08 Leon FR which is the same car. GTI's aint all that....

Dodgy one
I met an elise doing what i was doing round Leeds tonight, Ragging round the ring road through the tunnels lol. 2nd gear nowt in it for 2 seconds then i went in the wrong lane :eek:

apparantly we have the same power to weight though

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
I had a play with a mk5 r32 today, it was behind me at the lights and i couldnt see what it was, so off i snailed (economy mode going to work lol) put it in second about 15 and snailed on...

then the r32 blasted along and i wasnt in the power band, but i floored it anyway.... didnt really leave me for dead and once i got into the power i was able to keep up fine....
Hopefully if i see him tomorow i'll stay in first when i roll from the lights and i'll be ready for him... see how it goes..

n/a
beat a bmw e46 330ci on a quarter mile stretch he was a car or two lengths behind me but i think after a 100 he wouldve pulled away. and a 320d is no match either not sure about 330d's as i have yet to race my cousin who owns 1:cool:

DMS

A thirsty 172
I annihilated a BMW 330 the other night. I wouldn't be suprised if I could keep up with an M3 up to silly speeds.
Roll on January, then I probably will be able to...

Status
Not open for further replies.