ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decided we needed a cheap family car on lease...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BMW 330d :)
Our current family car is getting on a bit so I decided that we needed something practical and relatively well equipped.

Got what I think was a great deal on a brand new Renault Kadjar 1.3 S edition in Flame Red. (one of my favourite colours especially in the sun.) It has a gold base coat under the red so it really pops in bright light.

Had it for two days now, had to wait nearly 2 months for it due to the lock down. Got it on a 2 year lease deal with 12000 miles a year for £185 a month. Its the second top spec in the range and comes with led headlights and taillights, panoramic glass roof, reversing camera, ambient lighting, cruise, Lane keep assist, tyre pressure monitors, keyless go etc etc.

I wanted a BMW like I had before but with two young kids I couldnt bare watching it get trashed... Plus the Mrs drives it most of the time... I think i got a good deal on this. Its retail is £25k and now the lock down has been lifted, for the same spec that I got for £185 a month its now costing you £250...

It drives quite well, is quiet inside even on the motorway and has a decent boot and space in the back.

Opinions welcome..

IMG-20200706-WA0001.jpeg

Last edited:
Starts at over £200 a month on that site with only 10k miles a year... Still cheaper than the price they are wanting now from the lease company I got it from..

What would you suggest as a cheap new family car on a lease with this spec level and size for this sort of money a month?

It may not be everyone's cup of tea but for a new car with 12000 miles a year I think £185 a month is a bit of a bargain... At least you like the colour I suppose 😂

Clio
I wanted to buy the mrs a Kia xceed or a Dacia duster . She told me to f**k right off and has bought a new engine for her Audi . Lol

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I've just seen your new purchase Daniel. You've spent £16k on a clapped out old Sierra which I think is a complete waste of money... But like you said the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing 😂🤣

But the boring clapped out Sierra will be gaining more in value a month than you are paying out on a lease 🤣
It will be an event everytime you drive it it's an icon.

But tbf I think you got a great deal and the spec and colour are nice.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
It’s horses for courses and as has been said if this makes you happy then crack on.
I’ve always favoured the buying a shed route over leasing.
Five years ago I paid half what you’ll pay over 2 years for a Mazda 6. In that time I’ve still not spent in MOT’s and maintenance what you’ll pay over the full term. And I’d still get about £600 for it now.
I don’t have to worry about parking dings, Kids trampling all over it, mileage and it still looks decent and goes well enough for a family hack.
Just my opinion.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Wow amazing deal and such an awesome car for the money! I’m really jealous you managed to bag that, truly impressive. Well done fine sir! Bravo. (Is this a better response for you?

I've just seen your new purchase Daniel. You've spent £16k on a clapped out old Sierra which I think is a complete waste of money... But like you said the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing 😂🤣

Meow. Go back and stroke your Kadjar you oddball.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
We were paying £240 a month for the Nissan equivalent Qashqai which I thought was good and that was a lease taken out three and half years ago.

It was a decent enough car to use as a family bus but I didn’t particularly like it.

Your not going to get many fans of this type of car on a forum like this no matter how cheap it is.

Our new ST line Kuga is heaps better and worth the extra sovs.

Wow amazing deal and such an awesome car for the money! I’m really jealous you managed to bag that, truly impressive. Well done fine sir! Bravo. (Is this a better response for you?

Meow. Go back and stroke your Kadjar you oddball.

How is a needing a new lease for the family with nothing to worry about for 2 years make me an oddball? You and Daniel seeing each other? 😂

But the boring clapped out Sierra will be gaining more in value a month than you are paying out on a lease 🤣
It will be an event everytime you drive it it's an icon.

But tbf I think you got a great deal and the spec and colour are nice.

When it's not broken down or rusting away.. I needed something that we didn't need to worry about for 2 years and is practical enough for the family. I know it's not a porsche 911 gt3 but it's also something I don't mind the kids scuffing up inside and covering everything with food etc..

We were paying £240 a month for the Nissan equivalent Qashqai which I thought was good and that was a lease taken out three and half years ago.

It was a decent enough car to use as a family bus but I didn’t particularly like it.

Your not going to get many fans of this type of cat on a forum like this no matter how cheap it is.

Our new ST line Kuga is heaps better and worth the extra sovs.

Tbh I bought it as a family hack that I don't need to stress too much about and I know it won't be an event every time I drive it. But sometimes needs must and i think it suits the purposes of what u need it for just now...

It’s horses for courses and as has been said if this makes you happy then crack on.
I’ve always favoured the buying a shed route over leasing.
Five years ago I paid half what you’ll pay over 2 years for a Mazda 6. In that time I’ve still not spent in MOT’s and maintenance what you’ll pay over the full term. And I’d still get about £600 for it now.
I don’t have to worry about parking dings, Kids trampling all over it, mileage and it still looks decent and goes well enough for a family hack.
Just my opinion.

Yeah and I would normally do that. But I wanted something relatively reliable and has a warranty and breakdown cover with it for the two years of owning it. Plus it's nice to have something new and not used or needing a bit of work.. I'd never buy it outright as the depreciation on them is horrendous but I think for the amount I paid its a good deal. But you are right I do worry about people opening the door on it in car parks and a used car to smoke around in would be less to worry about in that sense. However I've bought quite a few used cars and have been stung with some big bills when things go wrong..
I had a 330d in which the clutch and flywheel needed replacing then the dpf got blocked up. I just don't want unexpected bills at over £1k a time...

Last edited:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Odd how come? The reactions to my choice?

I haven't really taken any more.

I'll put some more up since there are so many fans of it! 😂😂🤣🤣

The car is decent enough but the thread was only going to go one way with comparison the what Daniel has just bought 😂

Whack some more pictures up of the car and the interior 👍🏼

The car is decent enough but the thread was only going to go one way with comparison the what Daniel has just bought 😂

Whack some more pictures up of the car and the interior 👍🏼

Haha yeah I guess so. But the cars couldn't really be any different and have been bought for completely different purposes 😂 I'll get some up later if everyone can contain their excitement 😂🤣😂🤣

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Some odd responses on here. He's not posted saying 'how awesome is my new car?'.

I think it's a great deal for a brand new family car, especially on the mileage you got. It's not that bad looking either. Good colour too.

We can't all spend our whole lives driving round in a 15 year old hot hatch.

Reactions: Pep
Just took some more pics there for the fan boys and the people that are on the edge of their seats 😂😂
IMG_20200709_091940.jpg
IMG_20200709_091950.jpg
IMG_20200709_092017.jpg
IMG_20200709_092037.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_091943.jpg
    IMG_20200709_091943.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 134

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
It's fine, good spec for the price but I prefer SUV looking cars in darker colours. I'd prefer a Kuga myself but you probably won't get one for that price.

It's a perfectly adequate family car, but you'd probably get better reactions on Mumsnet than on a car enthusiast forum.

Some odd responses on here. He's not posted saying 'how awesome is my new car?'.

I think it's a great deal for a brand new family car, especially on the mileage you got. It's not that bad looking either. Good colour too.

We can't all spend our whole lives driving round in a 15 year old hot hatch.

Thanks Brookie. Cars are bought for different purposes. This was bought so we don't have any reliability worries hopefully and I don't need to worry about mots etc.

It may not be fancy but I think it should serve its purpose well. I like performance cars as much as every other car guy. But sometime you need something practical and hopefully reliable..

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Eh it’s a boring daily doesn’t really warrant its own thread, we already have a lease thread after all.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Your car is costing you money. Mine is making me money.

Why are you getting so butt hurt about what some strangers on the internet thing about a rental car??

Strange bloke.

Your car is costing you money. Mine is making me money.

Why are you getting so butt hurt about what some strangers on the internet thing about a rental car??

Strange bloke.

And what about all the money you are spending to get the rough Sierra up to a decent condition? I beg to differ that your car won't cost you more money.. And you call me strange? 😂😂

Like I said cars are bought for different reasons and purposes. I needed something new and reliable with a warranty as a family car. You bought a car as you have always wanted it as an investment.

No need to he nasty about it especially being a moderator. Should be setting an example...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Like I said cars are bought for different reasons and purposes. I needed something new and reliable with a warranty as a family car. You bought a car as you have always wanted it as an investment.

No need to he nasty about it especially being a moderator. Should be setting an example...
You asked for opinions. I gave you mine and now you’re upset because you don’t like it... 🤦‍♂️

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I'm paying £185 a month for a 5 year old BMW 328i - I wanted more car than what I could afford on a new car but I can see the added benefits of inclusive perks
The kids love it as you can kick it out of junctions slightly sideways in sports mode and it drives well so suits what I need. Downside would be the way kids seats sit against the bulge in the seats for the rear wheel arch but thats always been a BMW problem.
Costs wise after a year i've got to do the brakes and give it a full service

Status
Not open for further replies.