ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What coilovers for my 172 for £500 to £600 max...

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Plus it will be about 12 months before the clio will start anyway lol, Found a shoe lace holding the lower gearbox mount to the subframe beofre :/

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not sure bud, TBH it was over 12months since I was told to go there, prob a bowling alley or somthing now!

HUmmmmmmmmm.....Mixed reputation. Stoddie used them for his Kpro, but they didn't make a good job of it.

Audi TT
This thread didn't go far off track then....... :p

So what's the deal with the koni dampers and eibach sportline setup? Anyone know what the price works out at? Is it really a better option than the cheaper coilover setups?

G

TTRS & V50

So what's the deal with the koni dampers and eibach sportline setup? Anyone know what the price works out at? Is it really a better option than the cheaper coilover setups?

G

Barely lowers you in my opinion. Much rather have coilovers and suffer the ride a little.

"Navy" N17 TWO
It's a subtle drop on the Sportlines, still got the body roll though, or is that soley down to the dampers?

Barely lowers you in my opinion. Much rather have coilovers and suffer the ride a little.

+1
Just don't know which ones lol
I might get Cobra's again when the funds allow - loved them on my dci :D

172 Cup
Ive just put a set of the Vmaxx coilovers on my Cup and they seem ok to be honest for the price.

They give you quite range of lowering on the front though the backs dont go down as much.

Ive just lowered mine 30mm for the minute and its only a little harder than the standard cup suspension.

Hope this helps

Chris

astra coupe on coilovers
ive had fks highsports and also vmaxx coilovers and tbh there both shite there hard as fook teeth brakers also the handling on the vmaxx is shat where as the fks werent to bad but im after some kws v1s next of spax rsx or bilstein dampers with h+r springs

G

I know, it wouldn't Cs if it didn't go off track a bit :rasp:

Forgot to say. dibs on your springs richard ;)

No probs :)

Whats wrong with your Apex Setup ?

Is it Gash ?

P.s Splash out on Coilies man, you know you want to ;)

TAR-21
So just to confirm, the general consensus is that:

Low-Cost best option:
Eibach Springs

Mid-Cost best option:
Eibach Springs and Koni Dampers/KW V1's

Upper-Cost best option:
H&R/Billies/KW V2's

Is that about right?

Edit: Only just noticed - sorry for the mammoth bump.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI

just got caught out by that too :)

I'd say mid cost add in the Gaz GHA's and AP's fixed damping ones.. KW V1's are more expensive than the Billies when you take into account the club discount you can get through us unless you are going for the basic version which is not stainless steel..

Last edited:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
So just to confirm, the general consensus is that:

Low-Cost best option:
Eibach Springs

Mid-Cost best option:
Eibach Springs and Koni Dampers/KW V1's

Upper-Cost best option:
H&R/Billies/KW V2's

Is that about right?

Pretty much yeah. However as a cheaper alternate people use V-maxx/KTR coilovers. £300-400 approx.

I'd only recommend coilover wise if that's what you want - one of the 'upper-cost' kits.

6/468 17poo
Say if your standard shocks had been on the car for around 50-60k would you think its a decent idea to change the shocks to new standard items and add eibach sportlines? as the Koni's are coilover money!