ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What colour for my new track wheels? (rota grids)

A'Booo 172
I have now have more Rota Grids spec v's... But these have a smaller offset for wider tyres (semi slick a048's again), what colour should they go? (and please no comments about how impractical the ride height is for track days, I bought coilovers over spring and shock combo to have the ability for no go but show and track)

I was thinking purple? Any other suggestions? =)

319437_10151171779465407_1205717908_n.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Purples a good shout, Will go with your purple details.

Aye the Volks are nice but I like the dish on Rota's and the price difference will be quite big no?...Anyway like I said do them purple and sell me the rota's you have on the car ;)

A'Booo 172
Rota are there own identity now, not just Volk repilica's =P Most of the range are lighter than Volks anyway... But yes, quality isn't as good as volks

rota8.jpg

A'Booo 172
Tell you what, You can have them white ones with they tyres after August the 30th, for £480, but they will most likely be purple but mint as freshly powdercoated and used once ;)

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just a heads up. I had my track wheels done yellow and the brake pad/disc dust is slowly becoming embedded in. The front two I can't get properly clean anymore and I have only done a handful of trackdays.

I do coat them in a wheel wax before I put them on, maybe its a cheap rubbish wax. Just want to warn you that whatever colour you go for might get ruined over time.

Purple looks good though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Aye the Volks are nice but I like the dish on Rota's and the price difference will be quite big no?...Anyway like I said do them purple and sell me the rota's you have on the car ;)

Volk produce the concave versions too. TE37V.