ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What could be causing a 1.2 16v to run rich? [Diagnostics + lambda (o2) already done]

Monaco
Right. Getting a bit fed up of the GF's car now...

It runs at most 30mpg on daily drives. Lambda (o2) sensor has been replaced - this was definitely faulty) and the diagnostics run to prove this has corrected the problem. Before this was replaced the car ran 11mpg!

now it's running a whopping 25-30mpg, but my little 1.2 never went below 40mpg, even in the cold.

So the diagnostics are now clear

Anyone have a similar problem? Or have any suggestions? I'm stumped

Re: What could be causing a 1.2 16v to run rich? [Diagnostics + lambda (o2) already d

i thought the 1.2's were actually really bad gas guzzlers and used this amount? pretty sure i've seen loads of threads about them using the same sort've fuel as the 182!

Monaco
Re: What could be causing a 1.2 16v to run rich? [Diagnostics + lambda (o2) already d

I can definately vouch that if running well, they have great economy. i used to do a 14 mile commute in mine, 5 days a week, and got by on £20 a month petrol, averaging 40-42mpg.

Jap Box

Mines fucked too, easily back to using £20 petrol every other day, I only do around 50miles a day. Im at £50 fuel this week and under 200 miles :(

Ive replaced the lambda sensors, had a brand new exaghst, checked all tyre pressures too and nothings odd.

Im getting mine in for a full service sometime this month (Oil, spark plugs, filters etc) and see if that helps it.

Ive got the "Injection Sytem" light up on the dash when starting the car, do you get this too? Its a square box with some wavy lines going through it.

Monaco

Had it diagnosed, and fixed. It was the CAT, caused the already new lambda sensor to over fuel. Fixed now. 42mpg again :D

PH2 1.4 16v Dynam+

Had it diagnosed, and fixed. It was the CAT, caused the already new lambda sensor to over fuel. Fixed now. 42mpg again :D

How did you get it diagnosed? Mines also doing really bad on the MPG's, only had it a week and I've done a full tank...pretty gutted