ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do ya think of this?

Clio 182
Ive been toying with the idea of doing this with ma clio when i get it fixed. Got ma mate to photoshop the numberplate to the bottom of the bumper and smoothing out the number plate recess. Also id get a K-Tec carbon fibre splitter aswell.

Comments welcome

davecar1.jpg

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Keep the numberplate where it should be!

Nice motor though other than that.

What does "ma" mean?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Sport
If I was you... I would leave it.. just doesn't look right with a big gap where it was :)

E36 328
If you have to ask whether other people would do it in order to make up your own mind...youre modding it wrong

Imo is pointless and looks pish

Clio 182
If you have to ask whether other people would do it in order to make up your own mind...youre modding it wrong

Imo is pointless and looks pish

Im not modding wrong just cos i was asking for other peoples opinions. Having other peoples opinions can help ya make ya mind up just as it has here as i wasnt sure if i shud do it!

TrackCar & F30 330d
For it to work you would need the numberplate to be as thin at the bottom bit of the bumper.

IMO, keep the bumper as it is and get a thiner numberplate so it doesnt overhang :)

If you want to be different, do what you feel. I'm with Tigger and have a plate that fits the gap. Lot of work to smooth in the bumper. How's your plastic welding skills? Could always move the plate to the side of the bumper like an Alfa.

Cooksport Fleet
Dont be a sheep! Try it. But get a meggy splitter on it, lower it, and have a smaller plate (same size as the one to prevent hang over). Try the plate on one side perhaps, or a square one?

Just try it, and if it doesnt look good, just put the plate back up where it should have been.

Never know may look good without the recess with the plate.

Clio 182
If you want to be different, do what you feel. I'm with Tigger and have a plate that fits the gap. Lot of work to smooth in the bumper. How's your plastic welding skills? Could always move the plate to the side of the bumper like an Alfa.

One of ma mates does body work and is amazing at it so i just asked him to see if he had any ideas about the front end and he thought of this. Just wanted to get afew opinions but im thinking its a no no unless i went for a square number plate at the side. Gonna get him to photoshop that for me.

ibiza cupra
id leave it mate, not worth the effort for the outcome and if done wrong then will just make it worse still.
if it aint broke, dont fix it.