ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you think of this IK?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Lookswise . I like it alot . Never had any experience of them myself though . Being a cotton air filter it'll sound loud , just as you want ;)

I'd say it was pretty cheap considering the price of similar cotton air filters from Green and K+N cost hell of alot more without any sort of airbox or bend .

When you get round to fitting it put a post up about what you think of it . I'd run a cold air feed from down near the wheel arch to the opening in the front of the airbox if i was you just to help with getting a good supply of cold air into the filter .

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RS RIP
sound will not be that loud because it's still in a box.. I know these ones , they are popular on Saxo's and 106gti's here in Holland. Performance-wise it will be better than an open one i think

Simota also sell the ones with the filter in a sort of "trumpet" (heat shield) with opening facing forwards. I had this and it was scary loud :cool:

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  BMW M135i
They look quite good tbh, the only thing that worries me with them is that the filter is quite a small size really.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
From that pic i'd say the surface area of the filter is alot larger than the surface area of the OE filter .

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We tried one of these years ago and the filter is too small for the 2.0l engine. We tested it on a rolling road and the car lost power straight away.

David.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
We tried one of these years ago and the filter is too small for the 2.0l engine. We tested it on a rolling road and the car lost power straight away.

David.

It does say that they have modified the kit and added a larger cone filter .

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

David.

you sure that was the size of the filter and not the filter material?

the cotton filter you get with the standard simota is very poor (i know because i have a simota IK on my 106), the first thing most of the 106 owners do is put a green cotton filter on, no bigger in size, just better quality, thats what i did.

i have made up my own IK for the mk1 hybrid and the cone i have is small compared to that of say of an ITG enclosed type (it is still an ITG filter, just one for use on a turbo, conical shape) but the filter material is exactly the same, if i could get hold of a ITG maxogen enclosed type i would be interested to see the results

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172
I just bought one of the chap.

So hopefully i should have it by the weekend, and ill put a video up for you all to see. Hopefully it wont lose any power!!

Thanks for your thoughts, but as you said its cheaper than most filters and does look quite nice.

Does anyone on the forum have one?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 1.4 16v
the only problem with the carbon aeroform from simota on the 172 is that it sucks hot air in from the radiator...

but... try it... test it... and post opinions.... i could be wrong :)