ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do you thnk of my new wheels???

lightweight 17s shouldnt make much difference to acceleration

also, top speed wont be increased as rolling radius should be the same still

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Surely it also depends on the tyre profile, 16" with 195/45 vs 17" with 195/35 means that the 17" dia including tyre is 1.5" smaller.

Renaultsport Clio 182
Surely it also depends on the tyre profile, 16" with 195/45 vs 17" with 195/35 means that the 17" dia including tyre is 1.5" smaller.

aren't the tyre profiles for 17" wheels usually 205/40/17??

my 182 runs on 205/45/16 which probably works out to be the same rolling diameter (any math geeks more than welcome to prove me wrong) so it's just a question of weight.

OZ wheels are supposed to be light anyway aren't they?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Photo-0159.jpg

Photo-0161.jpg

Photo-0160.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm unsure... I used to love Super T's but now I'm swaying to Superleggera's more... Still pretty nice though

182 Clio
does nobody lower their car anymore? I must be getting old, is high riding a new fashion? ;)
ha was waiting for that but totaly agree with you the reason im not going 2 tho is i ordered them a month ago and only got them yesterday:mad: in the mean time iv decided i want to sell the car soon so thats why im not lowering it but totaly agree way 2 high;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
In theory your car should be a shade slower off the mark but not much as someone said you should get a better top end (airstrip ofcourse).

My mechanic pointed out to me that apparently putting 17s on the 172s seems to reek havoc with the rear bearings, keep a listen out for that

182 Clio
In theory your car should be a shade slower off the mark but not much as someone said you should get a better top end (airstrip ofcourse).

My mechanic pointed out to me that apparently putting 17s on the 172s seems to reek havoc with the rear bearings, keep a listen out for that
lol my rear wheel bearing always screams at me b4 the 17s goner change it soon tho:approve: