ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does this mean in 182 dash

Full Fat 182

When you turn on the ignition and press the reset button you get the display

OOO_ _ _ or OOOOO

I thought it was the service indicator but it hasnt moved in ages. The car has done nearly 11K so service is due soon.

Anybody know

Chris

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

ive mobil 1 in mine fully synth.....but it has done over 12k...........pretty sure its suppose to have 5w40 in it........guys??

Yeah handbook says 5w40, but if you take it to renault they will almost certainly put in 10w40.

Look at the 182 first service post a bit further down the page, should answer your Qs.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Its handy to check, but can easily be fooled by parking on a hill etc.

If it says you need oil, always re-check using the dipstick on level ground before putting the oil in.

The sensor isnt going to win awards for reliablilty only good way it to check it properly is to check the dipstick.

190 BHP Willy 2

I always use the oil gauge on my valver. I only ever check with the dipstick when the gauge says its low.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by chrhodes on 08 December 2004

When you turn on the ignition and press the reset button you get the display

OOO_ _ _ or OOOOO

I thought it was the service indicator but it hasnt moved in ages. The car has done nearly 11K so service is due soon.

Anybody know

Chris
Is this only for the 172/182 models?

Full Fat 182

ok i know i should have read the manual but with a knowlage base like this it was quicker to ask here.

Anycase i checked it. Gawd what a farce, for somebody that is larged handed the dipstick is only just reachable. Something that i would not like to do when the engine is hot.

Also the engine cover removal for putting the black stuff in is erm worring. It was a case of "sh*t im going to snap this" in getting the stupid thing off.

Well i filled her up 750ml went in before we got her full. It shows how much is used in 11K. Mind you i was going for it in Germany the other weekend.

Thanks all

Chris

VW Potato

why would you want to check the oil level when the engines hot? Shouldnt it be done when its stone cold to give a better indication of how much is in there?

Heard a nice story once about someone who checked the oil. It was low on the dipstick, so they turn the dipstick upside down and said not to worry, its filling up now

(you had to be there...) :)

g

ST

Quote: Originally posted by M.C.. on 09 December 2004

mine does not have that display it just says "oil ok"

It will mate, just hit the button under the display as soon as you start the car, well this is what it does on my 2003 1.2 16v dynamique.