ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What don't you like about your car?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I dislike the fact mines had, 2 gearbox's, new clutch, 2 rear dampers, new clutch cable, TDC sensor, lower water hose, rear wheel bearings, split driveshaft gator, new exhaust, dephaser pully failure (same as cambelt snapping) not long after i'd had the cambelt done, ggrrr. My standard wheels rub, wheel arches fell out in france. All in the last 26k/ 16 months.

And now the handling is totally fecked up at the front, think it needs new dampers, arg.

106 GTi
I've got a Saxo VTS at the moment and have been looking at swapping it for a 182 or type R this year. After reading this Im almost certain to go for the Type R! Im sick of the french build quality with the Saxo (rattles, squeaks, knocks etc...), so reading this has made me realise I dont want it all again!

noooooooooooooo dont do it! From a VTS to a 182 you will love it!!!!!:evil:

Indeed - if you have grown up with french hot hatches, the Playstation steering on the type R will be horrible for you.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mate buy the Type R! Or better, buy an EK 9!

I owned a saxo VTS before i got my ph1 172, and while i can say i love the Clio, build quality is just not up there with the likes of a Honda!

Don't like the ships wheel, and the rack just seems too slow. Don't find the driving position to be too off putting though as others do.

Oh and I don't like how my rear bumper stickes out a few mm each side near the lights even though its perfectly lined up everywhere else. And I don't like it that monaco blue wasn't available for 182s. But other than that, for the price I paid I wouldn't have anything else!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I hate it when I drive somewhere pikey, where there are chavs just standing around in the streets (why do they do that? don't they have homes to smoke in and Jeremy Kyle to watch on the TV?) - if I have my window open they always say "How much was that mate?".

"You're standing on a street corner at 2pm on a wednesday, with a can of White Lightening FFS..." would probably offend...

Dan

BMW E92/Audi S3
Its not a sport and i realised the whole thing needs a respray as its not all the same colour. Damn hard colour to find

i can live with the chips, scratches and dents, but the mechanical reliability of the thing has been a disappointment - very poor compared with the Peugeot i had beforehand

350Z GT
I hate the fact that my car is actually un-insurable so is sitting locked in a garage.. apart from that Its a great car.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
^^^ Racing Puma's are awesome... But I'm not surprised it's unisurable for your 1st car!!!

J

JACKO CUP 172!

the rear shocks qare fucked,needs a service (it is well over due!!)and cambelt done.!!!agggggghh

Combo
Stone chips, crap seating position and height, boat steering wheel. Wipers that go the wrong way as the lazy frogs could not be bothered to swap them round for RHD.

very much agreed!
the wipers piss me off so much, lazy lazy french!

172 ph2
Mine is quite trivial.... but I hate the auto windscreen wipers because they are utterly s**t on mine. bizarrely they suddenly seem to work okay after around 20 minutes but before that they just do nothing or too much. I always used to think how i'd love auto windscreen wipers now I wish I had my adjustable intermitten setting back from my Golf.

Megane 225 Cup | 106 GTi
1. Silver seatbelts - why? they mark so easy
2. The intermittent wiper speed on Trophy is about 10 minutes between each wipe (had to fit an adjustable speed one)
3. Steering wheel is comedy
4. Seat runners squeek quite a bit (common trophy fault)

At least they're all gripes I can do something about I suppose
All gets forgotten about once I hit the back roads :)

Last edited:
  172//Crap Micra//Bus
Height, Running Cost, Wheels, Stone Chips, Noisy Rear View Mirror Light Bit, Noisy Plastic Door Sills, Where the Sparx and Oil Filter are, and finally that nasty juddering/breaking sound/feel when you give it power from standing!!

Absolutely LOVE everything else... LOL!!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
rattleing glove box and rattleing driver door (window) pisses me off !!!!! still cant be arsed 2 sort it though

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Lost count of the number of posts in this thread with the word "rattle" in... :dapprove:

Black Gold Trophy
not much to be honest, alloys are curbed from previous owner but they will soon be replaced by some trophy items! ;)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Scratches, stone chips, poverty interior, lack of power .... I could go on but I won't. I like it really.

1.5DCi 80 Dynamique
Sunroof rattle

Intermittent steering wheel creaking noise ?

Front washer jets packed up immediately after unblocking the rear washer jet

Have to mod the speaker apertures in the doors to get half decent drivers in them

It's black so needs cleaning every 5 minutes

Constant feeling something is about to let go or pack up

Last edited:
  RB 182
The suspension - It needs everything replacing and now the cats snapped because the engine mountings are knackered!! Oh, and the auto wipers

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I hate the lil 8 valve unit under the bonnet and the scratches I kinda put on it by accident when I was overeagerly removing masking tape.

I do however like whatever has happened to the exhaust, its got a bit of "sound" at low revs which is nice lol

1.6 16v dynamique
the scratches that are completely my fault... :(
the stone chips...
that the previous owner made my front seatbelts not the silvery-white color their meant to be but brown :(
that the wheels look like someone just drove it straight along the curb for god knows how long...
that its black and looks filthy 5 minutes after washing...
that i can't drive it yet... :(

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Clutch too heavy with high bite. Stainless exhaust too loud especially when the warmer weather comes!

H86

black 172
the dent in the door

theres always something wrong with it

the fact iv replaced the aux belt and tensioners and its STILL squealing