ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What else should I check

ought 1.2 clio 2nd hand from a local garage, been driving around a week now in it, seemed fine. today the brother in law showed me how to check the oil/coolant/brake fluid levels etc...

Found out the oil and coolant levels were literally both empty and the warning lights werent coming on becase they were too far below the minimum levels ever, literally both completely dry and empty, luckily the brake fluid was ok.

now i've sorted the oil and coolant levels are there any other important things I should check out?

I know nothing about cars and brother in law knows basics only, so kinda just learning.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Would be strange for a garage to sell a car with no fluids so I'd be looking underneath the car and around the engine bay for any leaks now.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Does your car have the dipstick or does it tell you oil levels by the computer like mine?

Water, tyres etc, general maintenance.

yeh, we've had a look under the car and in the engine bay area and couldn't see any signs of leaking, will double check the levels again in the morning and underneath the car to be sure but 1st signs dont look too bad.

Also the garage gave us a short warranty to cover any engine/gearbox issues (at their full expense) and stuff which I dont think they'd have done if they were aware of any issues.

Im hoping its just been a mistake on their part.

edit: and yeh in reply to phoon it has the dipstick. water and tyres look okk, screenwash a little low but ok for now. and general maintenence, most of the car is pretty good fo its age, engine bay is a little dirty but nothing excessive.