ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What ET on 17

I am thinking of picking up a set of 17" rims for my 172 Mk2 on a trip to the Nürburgring next week. Ill be driving my 16v so I cant trial fit them...

What ET should I get, I am geting 17x7 whith 205/40-17 tires. My car has 48ET, but I read the Cup has 38,5ET.

Will 35ET fit? I am putting on some H&R springs (30mm) soon.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Yes the wheel is sticking out futher but that nearly 15mm out from the offset that the car was designed for!!! The closer you stick to 48.5 the better.

195s do exists and only Pirelli make them they are the same width os standard so no problems at all!!

wouldnt go too low with the offset, stick them out too far and youll increase the loading on the steering so itll dart all over the shop on poor surfaces, over kurbs itll kickback far more etc etc and generally wont feel very nice on fast corners.

The difference in tyre radius between 195 and 205 is 4 mm thats 8mm in diameter, quite a bit. 195 are the closer match to the standard wheel+tyre diameter, but they may look (handle) odd on alloys that have a depth of 7.5 rather than 7.

Bang on ET37 is ideal, or ET36 would be fine as well, but Ive never seen this fitment. Dont go ET38+ on 7"+ wide wheels unless you fancy taking out the inner arch liners like I had to! And dont go below ET35 or itll rub on the outside arch.