ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
This week I’ve collected a 2nd hand 182 beam, stripped it down and taken it for blasting and powder coating. I also dropped my matched inlets and various alloy bracketry at a the vapour blasters.
37143a49f552938ecf310099c45a0ea2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
While it's waiting to go to Diamond Motors to be fixed, I've been doing a few bits that would be needed for the MOT. Making the horn work being one of them.

Came across a video last week of @RuskiWeldShit cleaning his steering wheel, so thought, while my wheel was off, I'd give it a go.

I got it second hand and it was quite worn and very shiny. I didn't mind that much though tbh, that it looked decent anyway.

This is a before and after. Still drying but still a considerable improvement. Feels much better now as well.

IMG_20200606_113915.jpg

IMG_20200606_122454.jpg

IMG_20200606_141943.jpg

Clio Trophy + GT3
Got the GT3 back after taking it off sale (with a dealer on SoR). Felt great to drive it for the first time since Jan 2018

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Tried the RSTuner brake bleed function out for the first time on @Niall 182.

It could have told us that the left and right calipers were as you look from the front...

When it said Rear Right, you would assume it meant driver's side but it's actually the passenger side lol.

I now know why it was saying my Front Right ABS sensor was dead the other week, it meant the passenger side.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Soaked my seat belts in coop stain remover, such a difference, then I tidied up a few fluffy edges by quickly flicking a lighter over them followed by C4 on the buckles and anchor points. Such a difference which doesnt really show up in my photos.
20200614_181605.jpg

Before
20200614_182909.jpg

After

172 Ph1
Productive day on the servo removal .
Saw a post the other day regarding these being rusty due to brake fluid spillage , so I took a look at mine and wow it’s crusty and rusty lol.
So spent today giving it a good clean up .
Sprayed it with etch primer to begin with followed by hammerite , think come on it’s not going to win any prizes as it’s all hidden away right .
That’ll do .
07d4f051bc1ded9772891a734b97bfc2.jpg

172 Ph1
How easy is it to remove the servo? Mine looks like its on its last legs but haven’t investigated removal/refitting yet!

As you can see from my picture , it’s quite easy really .
But don’t forget I have the column removed also that’s not there .
Arch liner out , then the two nuts on the brake master cylinder.
Then all the nuts inside the car .
All I can see being an issue for the Oe throttle cable is that it need to be removed gently and then passed through the black bracket into the engine bay , as when you remove said bracket back into the car you’ll need to swing it towards the heater to make a little room for the servo to pass through .

I did un-hook the clutch cable at the gearbox end to help .
But I left it attached to the pedal still , no big drama’s leaving that still on .

That’s it really .

182pig

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182 sport cup
fitting doors,bonnet,tailgate,persoex and pms

Attachments

• 20200618_085421.jpg
    20200618_085421.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 20200618_085447.jpg
    20200618_085447.jpg
    792.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 20200618_085447.jpg
    20200618_085447.jpg
    792.1 KB · Views: 138
I have bought a new Pioneer radio, a 3m headlight restoration kit, some metal dustcaps, some oil and screenwash and a new rear number plate light. Oh and some vanish platinum white oxi action for the very dirty belts. I think some fake tan loving whore must have owned it in the past.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
What was the issue in the end?

Mick said it was just a last bit of air in the abs. He said I'd got it pretty much there with what I'd done but there was just a little bit left. Also swapped the bleed nipples out as the ones in situ I'd knackered. He also told me to replace the discs and pads as they're jiggered from it sitting round for so long. Pedal feels so much better though.

Off the road for 2 years and Mick sorts it in a morning haha. I'm just glad it's been sorted and didn't cost me too much either. I'd like to think I did the hard work and he just got it over the line ;)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Mick said it was just a last bit of air in the abs. He said I'd got it pretty much there with what I'd done but there was just a little bit left. Also swapped the bleed nipples out as the ones in situ I'd knackered. He also told me to replace the discs and pads as they're jiggered from it sitting round for so long. Pedal feels so much better though.

Off the road for 2 years and Mick sorts it in a morning haha. I'm just glad it's been sorted and didn't cost me too much either. I'd like to think I did the hard work and he just got it over the line ;)

You bled it with RSTuner/Clip didn't you?

That should have got it unless you only cycled it a few times.

At least it's sorted now!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
You bled it with RSTuner/Clip didn't you?

That should have got it unless you only cycled it a few times.

At least it's sorted now!

I bled it with the RS Tuner a few times yeh. Maybe I didn't do it enough, or maybe air was getting in through the knackered bleed nipples as, by the end of it, the fluid had started coming through the threads.

Yeh, I'm just happy it's done now. Sure I've said it before on here somewhere but the thought of me having to get it jacked up, rs tuner hooked up and bleeding it all again several times made me want to jump off a building haha.

That looks lovely.

Thanks mate.

It looks good aslong as you don't look too closely 😂

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I bled it with the RS Tuner a few times yeh. Maybe I didn't do it enough, or maybe air was getting in through the knackered bleed nipples as, by the end of it, the fluid had started coming through the threads.

Yeh, I'm just happy it's done now. Sure I've said it before on here somewhere but the thought of me having to get it jacked up, rs tuner hooked up and bleeding it all again several times made me want to jump off a building haha.

Yeah I usually cycle the ABS pump a few times and then go on to the caliper bleeding options.

Makes such a difference to the pedal feel when it's working properly.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah I usually cycle the ABS pump a few times and then go on to the caliper bleeding options.

Makes such a difference to the pedal feel when it's working properly.

I was a bit worried that it still wouldn't be quite right when I got it back but I obviously just needed to trust Mick as he knows what he's doing. It's night and day difference and cost me a lot less than what I had budgeted for which is nice.

And after all this, I can't even take it to CSF as I had planned!!

clio 182 2005
Today I realised the drivers door doesn't lock . Been to breakers , hooked a latch/ actuator out of a std clio 4 door. Swapped the cable ( longer on the 3 door) fitted it and thats fixed . All before 10am . Glad I'm of this week .

LOK

ClioSport Club Member
  Trek
Replaced my stereo since I always found the modern units didn't fit the Clio's simple interior.
The only issue is that I can't find a stalk adapter.
From this:
IMG_20200709_174437.jpg

To this:
IMG_20200709_204522.jpg
IMG_20200709_204940.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_204950.jpg
    IMG_20200709_204950.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 85

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Washed it and also revealed the bad scratch (only one on the body through the paint) that my neighbour kindly done with a bed frame :mad: Proper fuckin gouge!

1A06AFC3-3EEA-4877-AEAD-26DFA00E6E04.jpeg

8721C8A6-E995-4F48-AE43-28F0B2A047E2.jpeg

I’m really gutted about it, worse than I would be if it’d been either of my imprezas.