ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Service for the 197 was due is Feb and kind of forgot.
Now serviced with new filters.

IMG_4514.JPG
IMG_4515.JPG
IMG_4516.JPG
IMG_4517.JPG

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Treated it to a much needed jet wash, quick claying, polish and wax. Also sorted the headlamps
20230708_180912-COLLAGE.jpg

And replaced the standard HU for a Kenwood 🙂
PXL_20230708_164133548.jpg

Oh and upgraded the speakers in the rear!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Tidl; stud and nut s**t.
IMG_20230820_104507.jpg

"they make fitting the wheels much easier". No they don't, they make it a right piss about. 6 of the c***s came out. 🙄

Til; turini's 😁.
IMG_20230820_120559.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Tidl; stud and nut s**t.
View attachment 1657087
"they make fitting the wheels much easier". No they don't, they make it a right piss about. 6 of the c***s came out. 🙄

Til; turini's 😁.
View attachment 1657088

Aye, they're a pain if not looked after.

I find they need coating with ACF corrosion block a few times a year to stop them seizing up and winding the stud out.

Same happened to a mates Megane on a track day and it was a right f**k about.

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
I’ve fitted this eBay special gear knob, although reverse collar doesn’t seem to be going back to its position properly (original spring is back in position)
So might be going back to my ruined standard one!
IMG_4471.jpeg

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I have tried these ebay specials before they never feel right, I reccomend getting the original retrimmed by snappy.

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
I have tried these ebay specials before they never feel right, I reccomend getting the original retrimmed by snappy.
Yer that’s what I’m looking at doing now, retrimming is expensive but a lesson in buy cheap buy twice for me

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Possibly the last clean of the year. 70K miles, standard apart from Xenon headlights and Ktec Stealth exhaust. On original Cup springs looks a bit 4x4 but such an nice ride! I've toyed with the idea of selling but will most likely get tucked away till next Spring.

IMG_2144_new.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Noticed my power steering pump was a bit noisy so checked the reservoir…. It was nearly empty.

Just jacked the car up today and I think I have confirmed my fears.

IMG_1598.jpeg

High pressure pipe is leaking???

Am I right in my assumption and is this part NLA?

ETA… Still need to get a thread up for this car.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Noticed my power steering pump was a bit noisy so checked the reservoir…. It was nearly empty.

Just jacked the car up today and I think I have confirmed my fears.

View attachment 1661755

High pressure pipe is leaking???

Am I right in my assumption and is this part NLA?

ETA… Still need to get a thread up for this car.
Aye NLA sadly.

There’s one here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35495133...nwx-nP3Rjy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Part number is 6000073688 for reference.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Top man!

I had Birchdown asking me if it was a SMI rack. Is there any way i can determine this and make sure that the link you have provided is compatible with my car? They also mentioned a white tag. It’s been over a decade since my last cup so I’m a bit fuzzy with knowledge.
172/182. Is yours a 172 CUP?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Work Hilux.

Parked in a nice corner spot right close to the bush to leave loads of space like a pro.

Struggled to get in and out walking past the bush like an idiot. So ended up clinging onto the wing mirror folding it in.

Noticed the glass was lifting at 60mph after that.

Pull it off to reseat properly and cracked it putting it back on.

Ordered a cheapo replacement.

Should of just parked normally I guess.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Yeah, those are the part numbers for your car.

Pirtek would be able to sort it.

Thanks for the replies appreciate it!

Is there any drawings of the pipes on here that I can use for them to replicate or do you know of anyone who has had one made up by them?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Ignore me, I’ve had a look on here and couldn’t see much about it apart from one thread where a fella got pirtek to make one so I’ll see if Birchdown can remove mine and I’ll pop it over to pirtek near me and get them to remanufacture it.

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
So for some nostalgia I have displayed the original tax disc and also repositioned the rear Sport badge

Attachments

• B1C26D01-D492-4CDE-90CC-A395016DB3C1.jpeg
    B1C26D01-D492-4CDE-90CC-A395016DB3C1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • C9537691-0773-4765-9B44-BAAC13D3A4DB.jpeg
    C9537691-0773-4765-9B44-BAAC13D3A4DB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
So for some nostalgia I have displayed the original tax disc and also repositioned the rear Sport badge
I've also got all the old tax discs in my car folder I'm tempted to display, need to spot a cool tax disc holder I like first though. Cool that it matches the plate too.

OG Renaultsport badge is crimincally under-rated IMO.

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
I've also got all the old tax discs in my car folder I'm tempted to display, need to spot a cool tax disc holder I like first though. Cool that it matches the plate too.

Literally just an eBay purchase, uses no glue etc… can’t go wrong

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER