ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Took the flamer out for a drive to a local National Trust place and an ice cream, it decided it wouldn't be fair to have an event free drive so threw a P0120 fault code and momentarily a bit of limp mode. Limp soon cleared after the usual ignition off/on trick but the EML light is still on, any clues as to what could cause it? It's driving OK otherwise.

Attachments

• 20210718_134537.jpg
    20210718_134537.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 99

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
Had poly bushes fitted up front, with new track rod ends etc (cup shocks/h&r springs/top mounts all fitted a few weeks previous to this).
Full geometry setup for fast road.

The car is a different animal now 😎

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
When can i get that awesome phone-mount ???? Got a quote for brodit mounts and they're 80€ the set without shipping...
Unfortunately it was made by a very good friend so it not available to buy. It's a mixture of go pro mounts and sheet aluminium. I use it for my Samsung tablet.

Clio II dci
Unfortunately it was made by a very good friend so it not available to buy. It's a mixture of go pro mounts and sheet aluminium. I use it for my Samsung tablet.
too bad :/, you have a picture of it from the back? I really want a mount like that for my phone, i don't have any mount like that though and GoPro's mounts they're kind of expensivei i know.

Clio Renault
My Renault is freshly out of the bath! Just had it have a major detailing works. Its looking good as new. I am planning on having it repainted though, any suggestions?

Clio II dci
Installed a second light in the boot following a bit of a guide here (different because mine's a 3-door 04' ;

tkwvR9n.jpg

blygAT8.jpg

Was it worth it? I mean, in the process i fixed the grid that separates the cargo area to the front that i saw had a screw lose and was making too much noise and i thought that was normal :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: , also fixed the boot-door trim that only has one screw and 3 plastic-mounts (one was loose) .

All in all, now it's bright as f**k with 2 LED's instead of one, only 13€ at renault (without lamp!!)

Megane Mk4
Swapped out the rear 12v socket for the rear seats and replaced it with dual 5w USB sockets, and switched the standard panel filter to an after-market panel filter instead so it can breathe a little better.

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
Removed my drivers seat which had a torn bolster.
Replaced with another seat in much better condition.

Had to do it the less common way by leaving the existing rails in place and unbolt the seat. (the replacement seat had a sheared rail bolt)

Still an absolute doddle to do though for anyone in the same boat.

Just leaves me about another 6 million jobs to do to it 🤣

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
Just been and purchased a gear selector for the 5 series, going to try and swap that tonight as it keeps going into sport mode when on the motorway.

Did Cornwall to Yorkshire, 340 miles 80mph cruise apart from some odd 60 points, 45mpg!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Dropped it off to get the cup spoiler Resprayed after my attempt began to peel, if it's done in time I may make the trip to C&M on Sunday

Jbar89

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Two weeks in, I have overall been loving the ownership experience of my first Clio 182. Having come from a Peugeot 207 1.6, it’s the first performance car I’ve ever bought. And at £2,000, it’s more than double the price of the second most expensive car I’ve ever owned - a 2003 Clio 1.2 16v I bought back in 2013 for a grand.

Although the service history was good, to satisfy my OCD the 182 went to Mike at Ren-tech in Portsmouth for a full service and gearbox oil change. In addition to that, it needed the following:
  • Rear wiper
  • Track rod end
  • Front brake lines
In addition to these minor bits, I’ve also done a couple of things myself, including:
  • Changing the (hideous) aftermarket gear knob cap for an OEM job.
  • Changing a perished exhaust mount, again with an OEM part. I’m aware that there are better poly upgrades available for these, but I’m slightly put off by talk of increased resonance through the boot floor.
  • Put the plastic engine cover back on. Does anyone keep these on? I put mine on as I figure it’s better there than in the boot when I bought it!
I also noticed that the windscreen washers weren’t working. After a top-up of screenwash failed to cure the issue, and with the pump suspiciously silent, it was time for a new washer pump.

Unfortunately, this didn’t do anything either. Balls. By pure chance, I happened to test them again when the headlights were on and – lo and behold – a steady stream of washer fluid.

After following the excellent guide to washer bottle removal, it turns out that some previous numpty has fitted a new bottle, presumably from a standard Clio or a Cup as it’s a single pump model, and then fitted the headlight washer pump, but not the windscreen pump to it. Brilliant. So I’ve just bought a proper two-pump washer bottle from eBay which will be arriving later this week.

IMG-6808.jpg

So that’s it. Next on the to-do list are:
  • New tyres (currently weighing up between Rainsports and P Zero Neros)
  • Small weld to exhaust clamp where it joins to the rear silencer – slightly wobbly
  • Investigate lumpy idle – I know these are all supposed to do this, but mine keeps stalling and smells like it’s running rich too.
Thanks all for your advice so far!

IMG-6809.jpg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Two weeks in, I have overall been loving the ownership experience of my first Clio 182. Having come from a Peugeot 207 1.6, it’s the first performance car I’ve ever bought. And at £2,000, it’s more than double the price of the second most expensive car I’ve ever owned - a 2003 Clio 1.2 16v I bought back in 2013 for a grand.

Although the service history was good, to satisfy my OCD the 182 went to Mike at Ren-tech in Portsmouth for a full service and gearbox oil change. In addition to that, it needed the following:
  • Rear wiper
  • Track rod end
  • Front brake lines
In addition to these minor bits, I’ve also done a couple of things myself, including:
  • Changing the (hideous) aftermarket gear knob cap for an OEM job.
  • Changing a perished exhaust mount, again with an OEM part. I’m aware that there are better poly upgrades available for these, but I’m slightly put off by talk of increased resonance through the boot floor.
  • Put the plastic engine cover back on. Does anyone keep these on? I put mine on as I figure it’s better there than in the boot when I bought it!
I also noticed that the windscreen washers weren’t working. After a top-up of screenwash failed to cure the issue, and with the pump suspiciously silent, it was time for a new washer pump.

Unfortunately, this didn’t do anything either. Balls. By pure chance, I happened to test them again when the headlights were on and – lo and behold – a steady stream of washer fluid.

After following the excellent guide to washer bottle removal, it turns out that some previous numpty has fitted a new bottle, presumably from a standard Clio or a Cup as it’s a single pump model, and then fitted the headlight washer pump, but not the windscreen pump to it. Brilliant. So I’ve just bought a proper two-pump washer bottle from eBay which will be arriving later this week.

View attachment 1556045

So that’s it. Next on the to-do list are:
  • New tyres (currently weighing up between Rainsports and P Zero Neros)
  • Small weld to exhaust clamp where it joins to the rear silencer – slightly wobbly
  • Investigate lumpy idle – I know these are all supposed to do this, but mine keeps stalling and smells like it’s running rich too.
Thanks all for your advice so far!

View attachment 1556046
Welcome to Clio Sport ownership 😊

Due to alternator issues, the cup hasn’t moved for a while and was starting to go green. So today started a round of tlc, went down a bit of an engine bay cleaning rabbit hole and still not finished 😲
2983C23E-4876-4C95-ABC5-148649185856.jpeg

9B359E45-16B2-45E7-8AC2-79149FB42CAB.jpeg

B866D897-EA2C-423A-A691-D53A18546ADB.jpeg

4B1CC12E-0301-424A-8BA8-A406A6473363.jpeg

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy Rs265
Cleaned under the bonnet - needs some bits painting black - do you all think leave it as it is now or vaporise.

Attachments

• 763D3003-B819-4B75-9541-219F03073961.jpeg
    763D3003-B819-4B75-9541-219F03073961.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
  • 249A8F47-2C34-4DCA-936A-394A035B6FB0.jpeg
    249A8F47-2C34-4DCA-936A-394A035B6FB0.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56