ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Had a productive day with the ph1 today, tested the alternator to find out that it was broken so took the alternator off (and everything else in the way!) and took the opportunity to fit the RS stamped inlets that have been sat in my shed for the last year. Now to source a replacement alternator and put it all back together.

Clio 182 Titanium
been polishing the crazed and pitted 182's headlights. by hand, took ages, 1200wet & dry, then 1500, then 2000, then some halfords cutting compound, very good results in daylight but when the lights are on in the dark you can still see some imperfections, needs 2500 grit then another good polish.
also had a seal for 2 years and never knew where it went... found out today , engine bay / bonnet front seal. back in place finally.
Not checked the oil for 6 months and it was dead between min and max, so topped it up with 0.5l.
Also washed the car.
got a new bumper and had it sprayed today too, so fitting tomorrow hopefully. if a new headlight washer arrives (leaking b*****d)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Went to renault and bought the correct down pipe to CAT fitting kit and then the o-ring clamp at the other end.
Then called Dan at 519Automotive to find out what silicone seal he used from ECP to seal it up ?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
ECU reset (as it learnt my driving style while it had a popped off pipe), Mirror bulb replacement and an Oil Change on her Fiesta ZS.

Megane r26
Gave it a good clean an polish inside an out an check the essentials under the bonnet an had a good scout around ready for our trip up to middlesborough on christmas day

Clio 197
Fitted new plates , washed outside , dressed tyres, ,interior cleaned and new matts all round. It was my Titaniums first wash, tried the turtlewax liquid gold - wont be using that again.

Astra Twintop
Removed a tesco bag of crap from the car!

Driving to Laaandannn taaaaaan tomorrow to pick up some mates

big boost cup
Pulled the door apart on the dci to fix the window that decided to fall apart yesterday on the motorway in the rain

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Cleaned:

2012-12-23 15.46.10.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Live to fight another day. I was conscious of mine but touching wood (not that type as it would be odd) they have been fine.

Clio 172
I think so! It is very loud, but its okay. If I could have tried it first I don't know if I would have bought it but will stick with it.

big boost cup
Tried to fit my carbon bonnet bonnet must of moved while i was marking the holes out so now have a cheese grater slam panel ffs. Also but the exhaust back in its correct position as it was rubbing on the bumper

Clio 197
Oil , filter and sump plug washer change using the recommended Elf Evolution.

Weirdly they only sold it in 1ltr bottles at 6.50 +vat a pop, ended up getting a little discount and so £33 for 5 ltrs. Next time if I don't try another brand I will try and get it online.

Oh and also did a oil, filter , plugs change on the father inlaws matiz . Both in this rain :)

BG FF 182
Fitted a new rear number plate light & applied a new 2.0 L 16v oil cap sticker as my previous one had started to bubble, not bad for over two years on there & replaced my air box bolts with fresh new ones from pro-bolt.

clio sold :(
super exhaust bodge to be proud of :)
Yesturday afternoon I noticed my exhaust sounded like it was blowing and at closer inspection it had a huge hole in the side at the hanger. So with no one in the area with a backbox forsale !
I grabbed a grinder and an old exhaust from my rover and ended up making a stealthy rude boy exhaust that should last me!!
Check out the pics 》》
PicsArt_1356872839782.gif

20121230_121651.gif

Chopped the end off
20121230_121758.gif

20121230_122448.gif

20121230_133027.gif

You have to get down low to see it, bit loud tho

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
^^^ Massive bodge, nice one lol! Watch it doesn't melt your bumper.

Mine today was replacing my smashed Cup splitter with a Skoda one (Pinched off my Bro... Cheers!). Gutted that it broke, but couldn't live with it chinless so a Skoda one it was.