ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Golf GT & A4 Avant
How do you get through so much BSD?

Thoughts on the VP sponge?

I still prefer the uber yellow towels to my woolly mammoth

Not a 320d
I don't really mate. I do use it after every single wash but only because I need a QD. This is maybe my 4th Bottle in a year.

VP sponge is great, had mine 8 months and doesn't need changing really but buying a new one because I am polishing next week. Used the Zymol ones before the VP and they lasted about 3 months before they were properly fucked. The VP has kept its shape, doesnt have any cuts in it and still feels nice. Paintwork is virtually swirl free too.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Delivery -

ase7yhum.jpg

Snowfoam Lance and 5l of Magifoam.

Just got to wait until Sunday now, Oh and buy a Pressure Washer.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Nilfisk Titan 120 ordered, The old man bought it though as he didn't like the idea of having to borrow something I bought, I don't mine as it's saved me £100 :)

Roll on next week when I can play with Snowfoam

Arctic 182
AF Stripper Scent as it was mentioned in a thread last week (baa I'm a sheep ;))
The smell is awesome, better than expected!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Paint Thickness Gauge
Wolfs Chemicals - Nano Quick Detailer
Chemical Guys - Stripper Scent
Foam Finger - Wax Applicators Pkg/2
Dodo Juice - Lime Prime
3M Masking Tape
Sonus Ultra Fine Detailing Clay pkg/2

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Some Z8 as wanted to see what the fuss was about, hoping its good as it's expensive.

1L of Trix and a trigger spray

303 Fabric protectant (not for the car, for my new Trainers)

Honda & VW
Latest purchases of late have been as follows:

Auto Finesse Tripple
Auto Finesse Revitilise no. 1 and 2
Auto Finesse Refining Pad
Gtechniq G5
CarbonCollective Exfoli-mit
Gtechniq Bag
AMDetails AM Wheels
loads of Wax applicator pads
loads of Generic applicator pads

Bilt-hamber korrosol

Valet pro tar and glue remover

Incredimitt

Scholl hand puck applicator

Expecting good things from the incredimitt and hopefully it will last unlike traditional lambs wool mitts.

Korrosol should be pretty decent and good value at £12.95 for 1 litre

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Been very impressed by the clay cloth. Prefer Costco mfs though.

Clio 172
Normally wouldn't buy from halfords but everything car cleaning (apart from electrical goods!) are on 3 for 2. Topped up my AutoGly products with some perfect wheels kit, interior Foam Shampoo and Plastic care. And sorted out my missus Maguiars stuff with a convertible roof cleaner, weather proofing and some Rapid Dirt Shifter for just over £40. Cars both got a good scub at the weekend and are both properly protected now! :p

CC547FA1-A5E2-409F-AF2F-8745E4B91DE7_zpsd1m4rasa.jpg

3B8D2AC8-2FFC-4919-852E-9287B4FB0B71_zpskuzrhaxc.jpg

C329C53B-0DE1-4C5B-842E-DB1E01D84DDB_zps0usdz8ga.jpg

A6822C97-A7EE-4CB7-B830-74644E94E145_zpsraqsn8po.jpg

Jack

Just received my order from ultimate finish. Was a bit of a delay because korrosol was out of stock when I placed the order.

First impressions of the incredimitt and scholl hand puck are excellent. The mitt feels extremely good quality and even tho it's made from microfibre it actually feels like a lambs wool mitt which I'm pleased about.

The size of the hand puck is just what I was after. The af wax mate even tho it fits inside a wax pot is just too small and it takes forever to wax a car. I also think the construction on the af wax mate is too soft. The scholl puck feels perfect in terms of size and firmness.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403011169.445681.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403011231.753497.jpg

Mini JCW
Microfiber madness seem to be 'the' company of the moment.

I can't decide between another Dooka pad, Car-pro mitt or MF madness mitt.

gex23

Yeah I agree. What drew me towards the incredimitt was that they claim it won't fall apart like traditional lambswool mitts. I guess time will tell however like I said first impressions are very good. This mitt also requires zero maintenance. Simply rinse under the tap and hang it up to dry. I've heard the Carpro mitt can need brushing which sounds a bit strange lol.

All three mitts get good reviews so I don't think you'll go far wrong with any of them.

Mini JCW
@gex23

Yeah I agree. What drew me towards the incredimitt was that they claim it won't fall apart like traditional lambswool mitts. I guess time will tell however like I said first impressions are very good. This mitt also requires zero maintenance. Simply rinse under the tap and hang it up to dry. I've heard the Carpro mitt can need brushing which sounds a bit strange lol.

All three mitts get good reviews so I don't think you'll go far wrong with any of them.

I think i'll play it safe and order a Dooka and a MF madness - cheers pal :)

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
They had had the full Revitilise kit on amazon for £49.99 very recently, don't know if still available. Although if it is I suppose its too late

yeah I did see it but not until after I had order it, worked out roughly the same except I didn't get the masking tape or pad prime, but I read some where on DW that you can use af glide

I think i'll play it safe and order a Dooka and a MF madness - cheers pal :)

No worries mate :)

yeah I did see it but not until after I had order it, worked out roughly the same except I didn't get the masking tape or pad prime, but I read some where on DW that you can use af glide

I wouldn't worry about priming the pad with a qd or pad prime.

The correct way to prime the pad is to apply a fair amount of polish onto the face of the pad and work it in with your fingers until every bit of the pad is covered in polish. After that you can apply 2 or 3 pea sized blobs of polish onto the pad and start polishing.

This way is a more effective way of priming the pad because when you polish your making full use of the size of the pad.

Last edited:

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
No worries mate :)

I wouldn't worry about priming the pad with a qd or pad prime.

The correct way to prime the pad is to apply a fair amount of polish onto the face of the pad and work it in with your fingers until every bit of the pad is covered in polish. After that you can apply 2 or 3 pea sized blobs of polish onto the pad and start polishing.

This way is a more effective way of priming the pad because when you polish your making full use of the size of the pad.
cool thanks!