ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
AF Tripple
Monster Microfibre Purple Monster Edgeless
2 x lambs wool wash mitts
ValetPRO Dragon's Breath
Britemax Clean Max
Yellow Foam Wax Applicator Pad
ValetPRO Polish Applicator
Gtechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
1l Iron X
CarPro Merino Wash Mitt
100ml Hydro 2
2 AF Revitalise Spot Pads to go with the DAS6 Pro and Revitalise kit I bought from someone on here.
AF Pad Prime
AF Glide
AF Clay Bar
AF Detailing Tape

Fiesta ST3
2014_07_04_16_00_27.jpg

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
IMAG5542_zps17ff333f.jpg

IMAG5544_zps0b63dd7c.jpg

Sponges are great for interior's!

IMAG5550_zpsa5d6c409.jpg

IMAG5552_zpsc292f2ef.jpg

Also ordered

AG black dye
black nitrile gloves small
elite plush drying towel
exov2
c5
Gtech panel wipe
x5 Gtech apps
collapsible bucket
Sonax hybrid sealant
Optimum polish (new version)
Poorboys spray & gloss
Kerrosol fallout remover 5ltrs
1.5 ltr pressure spray bottle from Homebase

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
What'll be the best stuff for the R in White? Something that makes washing simple and easy?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
On whites a sealant maybe best, a spray on like AutoFinesse toughcoat or werkstat kit are favourites. Spray on buff off job done. As easy to use as a quick detailing spray with approx 3months, making washing very easy.

A lot of the finish on light colours will come from a good decontamination prep, with iron and tar removers, followed by claying before you seal the finish in.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
On whites a sealant maybe best, a spray on like AutoFinesse toughcoat or werkstat kit are favourites. Spray on buff off job done. As easy to use as a quick detailing spray with approx 3months, making washing very easy.

A lot of the finish on light colours will come from a good decontamination prep, with iron and tar removers, followed by claying before you seal the finish in.

Keep seeing this Hydro2 popping up... But I literally have no clue with detailing at all.

So new motor arrives. I want a tough wearing deep shine to it... What process should I follow and is there an advantage to a pro gropping it first out?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If you can afford to, and don't want to deal with it yourself, take the brand new car to or get a detailer to the garage before they do it, to detail it and coat with a nano / quartz coating such as GTechniq C1 or CQuartz CQUK or similar. Will last 18months maybe more and these are the most resistant products on the market.

Watch the videos on applying Hydr02, as it would be an ideal top up for a nano coating when water behaviour drops off.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
If you can afford to, and don't want to deal with it yourself, take the brand new car to or get a detailer to the garage before they do it, to detail it and coat with a nano / quartz coating such as GTechniq C1 or CQuartz CQUK or similar. Will last 18months maybe more and these are the most resistant products on the market.

Watch the videos on applying Hydr02, as it would be an ideal top up for a nano coating when water behaviour drops off.

More than happy to get this done. Just need to find a quality detailer to grope the car.

gally might be too far away though. :/

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Russ at midlands car care is a CQuartz accredited detailer, but there's a few around the midlands that can offer a nano coating

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think they're just standard bottles/hairdresser ones with made decals.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Russ at midlands car care is a CQuartz accredited detailer, but there's a few around the midlands that can offer a nano coating

Sounds like a plan... Anything that'll keep it as shiny and protected for 18-24 months is perfect for me :)

Honda & VW
I think they're just standard bottles/hairdresser ones with made decals.

Thanks gally I wasn't referring to the CS decals just the bottles. I do like a nice looking bottle/spray head. Love the Carbon Collective carbon fibre one but at around £25 I can't justify paying that much

Mini JCW
Looking forward to trying out the OID - see if it improves the poor water behaviour of opti-coat - if not i'll be removing the OC.

10537788_10152233427182006_1258585285025542818_n.jpg

Bilt Hamber 'surfex'
Optimum 'instant detailer'
VP brushes
Steel wool
Dusting brush
Pressure sprayer and chem resistant spray bottle

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Bulk top up!

CQUK 2014 & reload
Eraser 1l