ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
My first 'detailing' order I guess, as I have recently bought a nice arctic 182 which I would like to keep that way. Ordered direct from Auto Finesse the following:

Tripple polish 250ml
Ultra soft wash mit
Primo microfibre cloth
Ultra plush microfibre

I already have a large selection of car cleaning stuff at home so will have a sift through and pick a decent shampoo, do any of you guys just up the concentration of normal shampoo when washer the wheels or a wheel specific cleaner?

I am out of practice on the car detailing / cleaning so will be taking it very easy as I know the paint on the car is in very good condition under the layer of dust that it's picked up over the last month or so, since last being properly cleaned by the previous owner.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If the wheels are unprotected, then they will benefit from a dedicated wheel cleaner and/or iron fallout remover. If they're sealed you'll only need shampoo for the majority of washes.

Do you have a wax or sealant to use over the top of tripple? it does have a little of it's own protection but a proper wax or sealant will keep the just polished finish and look for much longer, and also make washing significantly easier as dirt won't stick so well.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Thanks for the advice, I don't think I have a wax or sealant at the moment due to time constraints are there any decent ones that I can get in Halfords? Would I also apply the same onto the wheels to protect them as well?

Mini JCW
Thanks for the advice, I don't think I have a wax or sealant at the moment due to time constraints are there any decent ones that I can get in Halfords? Would I also apply the same onto the wheels to protect them as well?

AutoGlym HD wax would be a decent shout.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
HD wax from halfords

if you're ordering from AutoFinesse, look at toughcoat spray sealant. spray on, buff in, apply to whole car, then go back round buffing off. it couldn't be simpler.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Think I will order the Autofinesse stuff and apply next week as my order has already been placed and delivered. Fantastic delivery time for the cost btw on their site

Golf GT & A4 Avant
call them as their pretty good if you need to add to an existing order. save on additional postage, or order from polishedbliss and get free delivery.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Are we talking about cleaning here? :eek:

with @aucky's consent, I don't want to offend him as you asked him first.

As long as you use the right gear and don't come out swinging a hammer and several sheets of 120 sanding paper - I'm good :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Just a small order today
Zaino Z2 show car sealant
Zaino Z6
Bilt hamber Korrosol
Gtechniq smart fabric protector
Auto finesse oblitarate
Autosmart brisk

uqujejez.jpg

Just took delivery of this.

If this is as good as I think it's gonna be I might have to sell a few of my waxes and just replace them with this.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Polymer net shield had excellent water behaviour. Superior to BSD. But felt grabby when applying

this is supposed to be nicer to use with a little shorter durability

I was gonna order polymer net shield but after doing a bit more research I found a thread on dw where protect and shine and pns were used side by side and there was no difference in beading and sheeting but like you say this is nicer to use so I decided to order protect and shine. Even if I get a solid four to five months from it I'll be happy with that. I've also got bsd which I might use every now and again over the top.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
My das6pro came today. Ordered Monday night, came bob on 2:32 which it said on the 'track my parcel' site.

Looks like a decent bit of kit and came with a hand written note to say thanks for the order. 10/10 for cyc.

The manual was the only thing which let it down haha

Not a 320d
uqujejez.jpg

Just took delivery of this.

If this is as good as I think it's gonna be I might have to sell a few of my waxes and just replace them with this.

You tried yet? Be interested to know how it is.

Just bought 1 ltr of BTBM, BSD, a VP Sponge. And That Sonax Wheel Cleaner. Supposedly 50% free again over at Elite so I can justify that. Megs Tyre Gel.

All I ever buy these days. Want two new Mammoth towels but at the price they are its a bit daft. Stick with the yellow things.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Look at it though? A tin like that can't be satisfying to apply? Shirley?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Megiuars ultimate quick detailer and meguiars ultimate quick wax.

Gone back to the originals as I couldn't decide what new QD to get

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Likewise, always have stock of demon shine spray on shine

zaino z6 just does everything so well
AF Finale is so versatile, as is britemax spray and shine
Prima slick is exactly what the name suggest
victoria detail looks lovely