ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
anyone know a good product for making my arch plastics look a nice shiney black not grey??

( gally i know you have a thread or something somewhere but cana find it :dapprove: )

e92 330i
Dodo juice clay bar
Ag fast glass
Ag tar remover
Ag shampoo
Poor boys black hole
Ag hd wax
Wools mitt
More cloths

Over £100 and thats hardly anything!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
anyone know a good product for making my arch plastics look a nice shiney black not grey??

( gally i know you have a thread or something somewhere but cana find it :dapprove: )

Chemical guys bare bones mate is the best of a poor bunch mate. It won't last long they get way too much abuse but after a detail they will look nice and Black.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not really mate, aerospace 303 is very good aswell but none of them will stay for long anyway.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
One day I might look at sourcing some of that felt carpety stuff the prestige cars tend to have. It never seems to look dirty (arches)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
One day I might look at sourcing some of that felt carpety stuff the prestige cars tend to have. It never seems to look dirty (arches)

FMPMSLOLROLF! You can have mine! You'd need to be f**king mental mate. It's actually for sound deadining.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Really? I've never owned a car with them but at a glance they always seem to look better than renault's 'black' plastic

Lou

I need some new stuff to keep the LY looking shiny!

Any ideas on decent products? I already have DJ Banana Armour wax!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I need some new stuff to keep the LY looking shiny!

Any ideas on decent products? I already have DJ Banana Armour wax!

What's your budget Lou. Home much are you into detailing? Does it have to be durable or do you wax a lot? Ie once a month?

Lou

What's your budget Lou. Home much are you into detailing? Does it have to be durable or do you wax a lot? Ie once a month?

No budget really but not too expensive!

I was quite into detailing a while ago but lost interest after a while! Want to get back into it though!

Something durable would be ideal as the car mainly sits at the house gathering dust as I have a company vehicle for use.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
durable and cheap AG HD wax. DJ supernatural hybrid looks a bit better but doesn't last quite as long but same sort of price. Again thses are waxes that I used myslef on my LY 182

What will you be using as a base to put the wax on top of? as that will effect it

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed on LY it so needs a glaze. Superb colour. Get AG HD and spend a little more on a glaze and anything else you might need. :)

Lou

durable and cheap AG HD wax. DJ supernatural hybrid looks a bit better but doesn't last quite as long but same sort of price. Again thses are waxes that I used myslef on my LY 182

What will you be using as a base to put the wax on top of? as that will effect it

Thanks guys will look into it, any glazes you would recommend?

Indeed on LY it so needs a glaze. Superb colour. Get AG HD and spend a little more on a glaze and anything else you might need. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Prima Amigo is a personal favourite of mine. Super slick finish and a great base for LSP. Best applied by machine but easily used by hand.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Just gone a bit mad.

DAS-6 Pro
Lake country pads
Z8
Megs tyre dresser applicator
Valet Pro - PH netral snow foam
A new snow foam lance
Bilberry
EZ detail brush
Zymol Glasur..;)

And when they've got it in stock, Gtechniq C5 for the new wheels :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant

If your using a wax over, I can't emphasise how much improved the car looked with AF tripple, IMO better than EZ creme glaze and I've not find it affect durability in any way. I'm yet to use any other glazes.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed dave. Tripple is fantastic under a wax. Not even got round to using it via machine yet! :(

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I had a play on the AF training day. Although better it wasn't the step up in performance you get with rejuvenate. It cleaned up a pink single stage paint bonnet with ease

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Zymol Glasur
Prima Amigo
Gtech C5

All on Gallys recommendation

And im attending a training course at autobrite direct tomorrow so will be picking up the 5l very cherry group by they are running on DW and also some DA pads and other bits and bobs.

will post a photo when everything arrives!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Just gone a bit mad.

DAS-6 Pro
Lake country pads
Z8
Megs tyre dresser applicator
Valet Pro - PH netral snow foam
A new snow foam lance
Bilberry
EZ detail brush
Zymol Glasur..;)

And when they've got it in stock, Gtechniq C5 for the new wheels :)
Nice onnnne! I've used all of the above, great stuff!
I won't be the only geeky detailer in chester now. Although Ash will still tease me about using de-ionisied water :p

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Zymol Glasur
Prima Amigo
Gtech C5

All on Gallys recommendation

And im attending a training course at autobrite direct tomorrow so will be picking up the 5l very cherry group by they are running on DW and also some DA pads and other bits and bobs.

will post a photo when everything arrives!

Superb mate. C5 is the only tricky one, take your time doing that one. Glasur nice and thin. Mark at AB should inform you better. :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The first time I used C5 I had no instructions and no access to the internet.

With a ''how hard can it be'' attitude I applied to all 4 wheels, and then went to remove from all 4.

Face-palm was performed.

Take 2 was spot on though :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Just got of the phone from Tim at CYC. They had an mix up with the Glasur and haven't got any in stock atm. So that will be coming next week at some point :(

I had a bit urge Jon :eek:

Last edited:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Yep exactly, plus I want to get the F1's refurbed so they can go on at the same time :)

I might do it the weekend before the big meet.