ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
What are the bristles like Joe? I thought about getting one So I can keep the inside if the turnini's clean, but didn't think it would be as good as say some wheel woolies.
The bristles aren't too hard to be honest, and it got into lots of tight/awkward places on my F1's.

Well worth the price imo. Although I haven't used any of the other brushes.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't hesitate to use them on any wheels tbh. Easily the best wheel brush out there.

Think clean your car has iron x in stock.

Edit: Sorry, its OOS there aswell. On my phone but just checked.

Edit 2: Shinearama has it in stock, smaller sizes.
There is a discount code (that works) if you hunt around. Dont know it off the top of my head.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Pretty much Gally.

The mother has just purcased a MX-5 which looks to have had the old 'Wash your car with a brick' routine performed on it. It's black so it only makes it worse.

What would you recommend? pad/polish wise? I need both as I've only got dregs of polish left and fubard pads.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So you'll be using a DA?

Have you checked out auto finesse Tripple and Rejuvenate? I'm a big fan of both.

Both contains fillers. I think Tripple has more both can be used fine by machine. :)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
So you'll be using a DA?

Have you checked out auto finesse Tripple and Rejuvenate? I'm a big fan of both.

Both contains fillers. I think Tripple has more both can be used fine by machine. :)

Great I'll have to adjust my basket then ;)

Also my GF has told me (yes told not asked) that I will be doing her car aswell. FML.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Just bought from cleanyourcar:

CYC fine poly clay
foam wax applicator x2
3M 3434 Masking tape x2
Ultimate German Applicator x2
Megs High Gloss Tyre Gel
Prima Amigo Polymer Glaze x2
Megs deep crystal step 3 wax
Maxi suds 2 shampoo
Primi banana gloss liquid wax
Sonus FSX pro applicators

order is for me and a flatmate, just to try a few different products, and fill some gaps in the detailing equipment

Which one did you go for?

Just the C110.3
Cant argue for the price.

Want the most expensive karcher (retail not the trade ones) now though after spending time with their accounts manager today. Couldnt justify that though for the odd weekend clean!

Megane R26
My biggest expense (after strippers and petrol)

6797152514_fbae023dea_z.jpg

Untitled by RussZS, on Flickr

Ly Megane 230 F1
few bits ive received in the last 2 weeks..
P1000275.gif

Dodo Juice:
sheep skin mitt
clay
clay lube
shampoo
tar/road film remover

P1000276.gif

GTechniq:
wool pad
medium pad
soft pad
backing plates
p1 polish
p2 polish(not in photo though)
gwash shampoo ( smells amazing :p )
t1 tyre shine
w2 universal wash

Will hopefully be using all these lovely products when i pick up my liquid yellow 182 this saturday :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I missed that^ Poly clay was the worst purchase I've made since starting this expensive hobby. It picked up hardly anything, left a nice mess of Toyota paint and felt awful using it.

anyway back on topic
GTechniq C1.5, T1 & Gwash

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Superb Dave very impressed looking at 1.5. My friend Craig at GT rates it highly. Gwash is superb, as is the smell.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
CraigQQ? early tests I've read have been highly praised. I'm hoping it's going to give that something that I thought C2 was missing, but can't quite put my finger on it.

Gwash has a lot to improve over lather, BTBM couldn't match it IMO

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Craig, been chatting about it recently. Much much better product than C2 imo. I was never a C2 fan.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
C2 gave much longer protection than I originally thought once I stopped with the QD top ups, when I stripped it there was very little contamination, but it was just lacking in looks and beading / sheeting unless it was regularly topped up giving a rather average finish. hoping this will fill the gaps

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Durability was fine but did nothing else I found. Tought coat is very impressive i've seen.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've used TC on quite a few silver cars now and has given a great finish. currently 5 1/2 months on a very low mileage daily still sheeting when I wash it. and it lasted 4months on a high mileage daily on a car I never touched again after initial application. I really rate it. it's on special at CYC today so is a real bargain IMO

I've only ever used it as a base for a AF wax over on my own cars but that's given long term beading and sheeting and that just waxed look every wash

Corsa Van. Meh.
Werkstat Prime Strong
Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger
Autofinesse Crystal.

Should look good on the van.

FF 182
So currently I have the Wooly mammoth drying towel in my basket on CYC, however i want a decent wheel brush, detailing brush, wheel cleaner and tyre dressing.

What do you recommend, alot of it is out of stock :( so any other websites with these on?

60 pages on this thread is alot to hack through :)