ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
In my experience, yes it's fine.

If you have a look at PolishedBliss' website it show's how to use megs hyperwash as a SF so it's totally safe. :) It's on the front page. Demo videos I think. And free delivery. :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
just had a little bit to add to my collection, wanting to start getting better stuff but this lot will do do for the time being :)

6858271569_59e12374aa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

50 Mf's ( got the from a mate that ordered to many)
wilko's paint brushes + a random soft brush thats ment for cooking
meguiars applicator pads ( both sponge and mf pad )
blue painters tape
my trusty old shamos leather
pressure washer snow detergant foamer and normal tap adaptor
collinite 915
meguiars deep crystal carnuba wax
meguiars speed detailer * new *
meguiars edura coat tyre shine ( in the bag as it flamming leaks everwhere )
meguiars ultimate compound ( not yet used )
AG super resin polish
AG ultra deep shine * new *
AG extra gloss protection * new *
AG trim bumper care * new *
turtle wax glass polish ( found it very use full on the work vans )
clays bars, megs and some blue make ( amazon joby ) that i picked up for a test but not used it yet.
wilko's spray bottle ( couldnt argue for 46p ) must get some more! * new *

got some dodo juice testers on the way aswell as auto smart tardis, iron x and my pressure washer ( sent off under warrenty as the pump was faulty )

thats my lot for now :)

Last edited:
  Seat Ibiza
After not being able to stay off DW, I finally bought myself a DA.

I have read the DA guide by Dave KG, that Gally kindly posted from DW and now I'm very excited.

Got myself a cheap car with some good swirls on to practice with.

I bought this kit and now can't wait for a nice day off when its not raining and too cold, is that too much to ask for?!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
In this country! Good choice mate. Good luck with it and practice away.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Expensive bit of kit there mate. Plenty to practice with.

Thanks for the Puma comment. Try my best. :eek:

What car will they be used on?

Seat Ibiza
To practice I've got a 2001 dark metallic green Vectra.

Any quick tips? Im going to have to get used to the speeds and make sure I don't try a too big an area. Ill be reading that guide again before I start for a refresh.

Yeah the Puma, did I read its done 107k?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It has just turned on 107k mate. Wants for nothing really. I bought one that was a little higher mileage because the history of it was superb.

Tips? 106fa on a polishing pad is enough to do a job on most cars. I love the polish. I've used it more than any other polish in my detailing box since being introduced to the new stuff in June. Fantastic polish.

Practice practice. :)

Seat Ibiza
If thats enough to remove all swirls etc and give a good finish, would you then use another polish on top then wax?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Try with that first see how you go. Rule of thumb always start with the lighest combo. :)

I always use a glaze. Maybe look into britemax blackmax or Prima amigo. Via machine on a finishing pad then straight onto LSP. :)

Not a 320d
Anyone got some C4 (no not the explosive type) they want to sell me?? Out of stock at the minute :(

b******s arent they.

I had to make do with 2/3 of a 35ml C1 bottle to do a 6 series yesterday. id been pissing about with it on my car, ran out of product half way through the front bumper (was my last pannel). Fortunately it was a convertable. Ive got 2/3 C5 30ml left too which im holding on to just in case they dont restock soon.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lots of places sell it mate. Although bare in mind it's made in Japan.

http://www.shinearama.co.uk/product.php?id=GTE-C4-15

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Ugh. I really want another car to detail now, I don't know anyone with an interesting paint though :( (who will pay to cover material costs and give me their car for a few days).

I might try and persuade the OH's dad to give me the 159/MiTO

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Gtechniq-g wash
auto finesse-rejuvenate
prima amigo
Z8 love this stuff
Z10
cg new look trim gel
iron x
bilberry

Just need another bucket any suggestions?

RS6 C7
Just ordered a fair bit:
Das 6 DA with a few pads and some menzerna polish / compounds.
Cherry snow foam
Snow foam lance
Meguirs clay bar
iron x
Wheel brush
3m tape
lambs wool mit
pack of 10 microfibres

A few other bits that i can't remember

I'm amazed at how much stuff you actually need! iv'e already spent north of £200 and seem to have very little in reality. I am now skint after buying a car and all this, Best get some overtime in i think ;)

Seat Ibiza
Where's you get your snow foam lance too? On the group buy on DW?
I'm tempted by this but might wait a free weeks!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gtechniq-g wash
auto finesse-rejuvenate
prima amigo
Z8 love this stuff
Z10
cg new look trim gel
iron x
bilberry

Just need another bucket any suggestions?

Chemical guys UK buckets mate. I've had 2 for about 2 years now still in perfect condition. Very well priced also.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No problem. I wouldn't recommend anything I don't rate myself. :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
how easy is it to apply C5 rally?

I've got some TD monza r alloys, and its pita cleaning them with all the spokes. i was thinking of applying C5 and then just spraying with a very diluted very cherry wheel cleaner and blasting with a power washer.

any thoughts?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I have some, but not yet finished using it, and JD has first refusal already when I sell it on. I must get round to finishing all the bits off and moving it on

Not a 320d
how easy is it to apply C5 rally?

I've got some TD monza r alloys, and its pita cleaning them with all the spokes. i was thinking of applying C5 and then just spraying with a very diluted very cherry wheel cleaner and blasting with a power washer.

any thoughts?

Piss easy. Dont worry about curing times. I left some C1 on for about 10 minutes on a rear cluster and it just turned into a jelly like substance. A little difficult to remove but it was no where near as bad as people make out. Some people seem to make out like its a dangerous product (i suppose it is).

Wheels need removeing from the car, de tarring, Hitting with Iron X a few times, claying, then wiping down with IPA.

Once youve done that apply the C5, I do the whole inner rim first then wipe away after 30 seconds, then the same with the wheel face and spokes.

I clean properly with a brush and diluted BTBM. If you spray BTBM on them, dwell then blast off they come up mostly clean.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely best using shampoo to clean wheels with C5 applied. I seen the PW clean the wheels on Craigs Qashqui. (sp)

Bumder With A Buffer
Richy made it...well richy bought the bits too do it and is in the process of making it.

I needed to use it for its intended use first. Bought 2 hours ago...done all its drilling and is now in pieces. :)

Fiesta ST
AF Citrus Power (very impressed with this stuff)
AF Crystal
Megs Endurance Tyre Gel
Tyre Gel Applicator
Few Polish Applicators
Werkstat Acrylic Jett (Heard good things but yet to try myself)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Simoniz SIM0010A 150g Simoniz Original Carnauba Wax

any good????

It's alright. If you search the name on DW under titles there is lots of threads on it. I did lol at brilliant shine!

Just don't do the full car and try to remove.