ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've tried a few just not the megs.

I thought the EZ detail brush was expensive so overlooked it for years. but it's worth it!

FF 182
Cheers Dave, I may get the AG tyre dressing, its not too bad in my view, spray on a cloth and wipe on the tyre. Also good for making the arches liners black! I may just get that again tbh.

Wheel cleaner I have always used Megs Hot Rims cleaner, Just wondered if it was worth trying somethign new.

Cheers for the link to the brushes :)

The megs tyre dressing and applicator pad is ok, but once you drive off and get out, you see it sprayed up the side of the car....hate it!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I didn't mind the AG dressing TBH, isn't hot rims supposed to be quite an aggressive cleaner? in all honest I haven't used many of the megs products.

will use T1 this weekend and post up my thoughts

Megs Endurance is pretty much unbeatable IMHO

I was unsure, its over half the price of the EZ one as well. You got that one mate?

I've tried a few just not the megs.

I thought the EZ detail brush was expensive so overlooked it for years. but it's worth it!

I've been passing on it for ages £20 on a freaking wheel brush seems mental. I've been using smaller 1inch brushes for the spokes etc, just want something to do the inner wheel.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Forget the others buy the EZ one. You'll replace the others years before the EZ one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They'll still show them even if out of stock mate. Polished Bliss offer free delivery.

They'll still show them even if out of stock mate. Polished Bliss offer free delivery.

I know mate, Just cant see them on the site at all. Might of been mistaken.

Aye think they are the most expensive for the actual brush though, I'll have a look round.

Just received this :) :
Amongst many other things I've been collecting over the past couple of months.

DSC02545.jpg

Not a 320d
Endurance tyre gel is good because of the price. Its certinly not unbeatable, u use it simply because it is cheap and doesnt fling unless you absolutely hoon the car. I like the fact it doesnt last too long also they all look s**t once its rained and by the time i come to wash my car its not difficult to remove.

AG tyre dressing is the same product as their vinyl dressing, just with different esthers so a different smell. It lasts for a week unless it rains. Then it really does last hours at the most.

Endurance slings if put on too thick.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
crystal, rejuvenate, tripple, lather, tough coat. all good products. Citrus power is good, just be careful not to over apply as you really don't need to much for it to work well, but the spray head chucks out loads

what kind of product do you need, would like?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
anyone tried either of the auto finesse hides? I'm looking at getting either one or both of them for my new seats.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Don't really need any as such. That's my problem lol. But might as well get something as its 3 for 2 and I'm buying 2.

depending on what wax or sealant you're using, I'd really like to see trippple on RB, I reckon that would look great

anyone tried either of the auto finesse hides? I'm looking at getting either one or both of them for my new seats.

Russ is the man to speak to regarding new AF products, I believe he has tested most if not all. But going off their previous products I can't see it being a disappointment. Only product I didn't like was Gloss

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gloss wasn't great. I think even James admitted it was a different style of tyre dressing.

I agree with the tripple thought Dave. Most things look immense on RB!!!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
they did change gloss, newer version came in a clear bottle instead of black, but still don't think they got any real durability, it did leave a nice finish though as it wasn't too glossy regardless of the name.

tried Gwash and T1 today, GW was very nice, hard to call between this and lather, blew BTBM out of the water for sure! T1 was a little funny with application, tried with an old MF as it said it could be used and it wasn't the best, again finish is nice, so will give it a going over with a foam pad tomorrow and see how long it lasts.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not tried T1. Not a glossy enough finish from what i've seen.

I'll try pinnacle onyx once my 2 year old bottle of megs is finished! :eek:

Ah cool.
I'll be using rejuvinate after decon, then a Mezerna polish (Pf 106 or something), Britemax Blackmax as my glaze, followed by just some AG HD wax.
I think that's right anyway!
Where would tripple fit in there?

I could get the "Finale" to use when I'm shampooing to keep my wax up to scratch..

Last edited:

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Gally, what would you recommend to use as a QD spray on top of Glasur?

Looking at ordering:

AF Lather
AF Hide (Both Versions)
Race Glaze Alacantara cleaner
Some more applicators
C-Quartz Mit
and a quick detailer of some sort for Glasur.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ah cool.
I'll be using rejuvinate after decon, then a Mezerna polish (Pf 106 or something), Britemax Blackmax as my glaze, followed by just some AG HD wax.
I think that's right anyway!
Where would tripple fit in there?

I could get the "Finale" to use when I'm shampooing to keep my wax up to scratch..

no real need to use rejuvenate before using a polishing compound unless there is still a lot of dirt left on the paint after decontaminating and claying (which you have missed off your list?)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gally, what would you recommend to use as a QD spray on top of Glasur?

Looking at ordering:

AF Lather
AF Hide (Both Versions)
Race Glaze Alacantara cleaner
Some more applicators
C-Quartz Mit
and a quick detailer of some sort for Glasur.

Definitely a carnauba spray mate. Sonus carnauba spritz is highly recommended. Cheaper and easier to work with compared with Zymol Field Glaze.

no real need to use rejuvenate before using a polishing compound unless there is still a lot of dirt left on the paint after decontaminating and claying (which you have missed off your list?)

I disagree slightly Dave. It's more hassle and an extea step but to save dirting up a good polishing pad, a cleanser before polishing will get all the dirt out the paint before polishing.

It's may be over kill but polishing pads are more expensive that a cheap mf applicator.

Just something that was discussed recently. Food for thought. If time is tight might be just aswell going straight to polishing.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I do agree, and can see its benefits, but I can't imagine a car owned by most of us hobbyist detailers needed that kind of attention that's all. but then rejuvenate would not be my choice for a seriously deep cleanse, prime jumps to mind instantly.

It was my interpretation of James' routine was a little un clear on de-contaminating and claying so was unsure if he may be missing this but still cleansing,

My process will be as follows (hopefully I've got it right):

Magifoam Snow foam
Rinse then Tardis
BTBM Shampoo
Megs Clay
BTBM Shampoo
Dry
Polish: Mezerna (Pf 106 I think, can't remember exactly)
Glaze: Britemax Blackmax
Wax: AG HD wax

So not worth getting rejuvinate for me?
I need a new QD thinking about it, would their AF Finale be a good buy? Would I be able to use this as clay lube or not (as its contains caranauba)?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Don't rinse Tardis off. It needs wiped off mate I prefer to use an MF applicator. It wipes off the softened tar spots.

If you have a light ish coloured car iron x is a must imo.

106fa is the polish mate.

Looks like IronX is another product I need to buy then.
Every time you think you've got everything, something else pops up you need to buy!

What clay Lube should I buy? Just the Megs Quik Detailer?
Also can't remember whether it was decided Rejuvinate would be worthwhile for me or not!?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
if you aren't polishing then rejuvenate is a must really as it provides a great base for wax or sealants, plus there won't be a need to polish everytime you re apply.

ironX is so quick and simple to use there is little point in not using it, but even a well protected car will still have embedded iron on it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like IronX is another product I need to buy then.
Every time you think you've got everything, something else pops up you need to buy!

What clay Lube should I buy? Just the Megs Quik Detailer?
Also can't remember whether it was decided Rejuvinate would be worthwhile for me or not!?

I use shampoo and water mix or demon shine diluted. I don't agree with clay lube prices tbh. Plenty of other cheaper products. Russ uses citrus bling as a clay lub.

It'sa never ending list mate. Forget the rejuvenate for now.

Ah that's good, I've got plenty of demon shine already!
One thing I don't have to buy then!

When applying tardis, do you spray it on, then wipe off with a microfibre, or spray it onto a microfibre then wipe on the car?

I think I'll leave rejuvinate for now then.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Spray on car, leave for 5 then wip off. I prefer using an applicator, cloth doesn't seem to work just as well.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Autofinesse:

Rejuvenate
Revive
Lather

Prima Amigo

Sonus carnauba spritz

Hopefully will be here for the detail on my sisters white aygo next Saturday!

ITB BG 182
Dare I ask the following question in here?

Yepp, needing some new stuff soon for the up an coming shows. (What I had ordered in the past)

At the moment this is some thing on the current list of ownership.
Wax's - AGHD, R222's, Poorboys Natty, Megs Gold, Zymol.
Sealants - Poorboys EX and EX-p, Auto Glym EGP and UDS.
Pre Wax cleaners - R222's again, AG, Megs.
Shampoo's - Megs and AG.
Glazes - Poorboys, Megs and CG's
Have loads of MF cloths.

I have one of the 7424 polishers with numerous pads.
Polish and compounds Menzerna, Sonus, Poorboys, Megs.

I need a washmitt for the bodywork, some thing to protect the newly painted alloys, trim needs restoring from old polish/wax marks.
The ones in bold are what I mainly use.

Trying to get hold of C5 an C1 but its like rocking horse s**t. Whats IPA?

Last edited: