ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Few and far between. Matt @ I4detailing offers the better service imo and 7.5% discount to members. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I personally prefer i4d, there service is fantastic and considerably better than cyc in my experiences with them, but cyc stock more of the bits I'm after so catch 22.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
no more orders for me, I have 3 weeks before the hose pipe ban hits. And my ever so lovely sour faced wasp chewing neighbour would take great joy in dropping anyone in it. time to get both cars stripped and sealed before it's too late

ITB BG 182
^ lol

ONR sales are gonna go through the roof

This is why I have 2 IBC's (intermediate bulk containers) on the garden that hold 1200ltrs each, collect the rain water and pump it up to the top garden through a filter, then further filter it through in to the IBC.
Its now got a cap on the bottom with a hozelock connection to attach with the jet wash or via a normal attachment an because its 100-120ft higher, there is enough down pressure too.

IF i didnt have this, my neighbours would also shop me for the sake of being picky b******s.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently a police woman lives a few doors down but I should be out of site when washing :p
If I don't flush the toilet am I allowed to wash the car?

I will look into a water butt system though. I've got enough space to have a series of 3 (2 settling tanks). I've also had a quite look at downspout filter systems.

Does pressure washers really need the supply pressure on the inlet to run? or would 1psi of head pressure be enough.
If not I could just use the collected water for rinse water, or neither. :evil:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Anyway, OT

From Polished Bliss:
Auto Finesse Hide Cleanser
Auto Finesse Hide Conditioner
Auto Finesse Citrus Power
Raceglaze Detailing Brush Set
Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towel
Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile Towel
Swissvax Micro Fluffy Towel - Red Edging
3M 150 mm Finishing Pad (Blue)
PA Replacement Foam Lance Bottle
PB Clear Wash Bucket

I purchased the other day :

Poorboys SSR 2.5
Poorboys Black Hole
Poorboys Nattys Blue Paste Wax
Dodo basics of bling drying towel.

Only used the Nattys paste before and really liked it so trying stuff from the rest Poorboys range.

Quick question though I've been asked to detail a white car. I know what I've bought is for darker cars but will it bring out decent results on white?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Poorboys SSR 2.5
Poorboys Black Hole

Only used the Nattys paste before and really liked it so trying stuff from the rest Poorboys range.

Quick question though I've been asked to detail a white car. I know what I've bought is for darker cars but will it bring out decent results on white?

Be fine on white. They'll look just as good.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just spray it on and leave it. It takes longer to work that iron x but works just aswell from my testing. 1ltr for £10 is hard to moan at.

Wolf's actually discovered ironx/deironizer as a wheel cleaner. It's a superb wheel cleaner although expensive ish.

I don't recommend anything that I wouldn't use or buy myself in certain budgets.

Gonna have to get some spray bottles or something :eek:
I'll get it then, as its free postage!

I'm really regretting buying my snow foam lance and Snow Foam now.
Spent £50 on something come 5th April I'm not going to be able to use for the rest of the year thanks to the hose pipe ban, and I could've spent 1/5th that on AF Citrus that will work just as well, if not better.
Then I could've put the other £40 to other products, like Wolfs :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gonna have to get some spray bottles or something :eek:
I'll get it then, as its free postage!

I'm really regretting buying my snow foam lance and Snow Foam now.
Spent £50 on something come 5th April I'm not going to be able to use for the rest of the year thanks to the hose pipe ban, and I could've spent 1/5th that on AF Citrus that will work just as well, if not better.
Then I could've put the other £40 to other products, like Wolfs :(

Sell it on mate. :)

I am contemplating Vintage again.

I get my bonus next week.... I have always wanted it!

Buy it. I know I would. Looks beautiful!

FF 182
Wooly mammoth drying towel and detailing brush came today :) very happy, hoewever looks like where i live the hosepipe ban will come into force very soon :(

172 Cup
Just ordered some more bits to give the Cup a good going over before the hosepipe ban starts!

303 Aerospace Protectant
ValetPro Citrus Pre-Wash
AS Tardis
Surfex HD All Purpose
Gtechniq P1
Gtechniq C1.5
Gtechniq C6
Dodo Blue Velvet
And a load of new brushes, cloths, sponges, sprayers etc!

I'm tempted to get a bottle of ONR to try when I go to collect the order as well :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
On my silver Golf C1.5 didn't really add anything to the finish, I personally think tough coat looked better. but was easy to apply and remove. Will give it a 2nd coat to ensure even coverage though as it was quite difficult to see it when spread with a MF. I'd recommend applying to a MF applicator and spreading

Poorboys SSR 2.5
Poorboys Black Hole

So the results from using these products on white was pretty good.

So good I've been asked to detail a red mini. I'll be using the same stuff I already have from the poorboys range, but what else would you guys recommend?

So I've already got what's above plus megs clay, tardis, megs trim restorer, megs tyre gel, and various other little bits and pieces.

Also the mini has the vinyl stripes. What do I do with them? Tape them up or just leave them and give them the same treatment as the paintwork?