ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
You couldn't help yourself could you Chris :rasp:

Picked up some bits yesterday from Shinearama as well:

Meguiars DA Microfibre System
Wolfs Nano Glass Sealant
ValetPro APC
Britemax Grime Remover
Tardis 5L
IronX 1L
Couple of Megs bottles
A free trial bottle of TRIX for letting them use my car ;)

Also came away with around £250 worth of sealants, waxes and polishes applied to my bonnet as well so that's always a bonus!

You now have a well sealed bonnet haha

I was impressed with Wolf's Body Wrap. It was close between that and Zaino Z2 for me.

Both just as good as the Swissvax Shield that was tested too IMO

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
BW is waaaay too fussy. Offers very little over other products out there.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I preferred the body wrap over the Z2, hence why i bought it. Im going to give my car a full strip down and polish this weekend hopefully and BW it. They were saying at shinearama that you can use waxes over the top of it too. Not too sure how true that is so ill perhaps try a couple of panels in different places and see how it reacts (can only try)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Which wash mitts do people recommend? I'm in need of a new one soon. I think it's been covered before but I'm struggling to find it.

Thanks

KArchers break their plastic impellers in the pumps. Nilfisks have metal impellers. Case closed.

Have a look in the pressure washer thread, some good deals (£60 iirc).

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Ive never had a problem with my little Karcher, I've had it about 2 years now in which its been used every other weekend (more during winter months) and has cleaned the driveway and 2 sections of decking in the garden twice aswell (not a small job) i just make sure i press the trigger once the hose has been removed to empty the water from it and store in in a little cupboard attached to the back of the house where the granny flats boiler is (makes it warmer)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ive never had a problem with my little Karcher, I've had it about 2 years now in which its been used every other weekend (more during winter months) and has cleaned the driveway and 2 sections of decking in the garden twice aswell (not a small job) i just make sure i press the trigger once the hose has been removed to empty the water from it and store in in a little cupboard attached to the back of the house where the granny flats boiler is (makes it warmer)

I agree.

I always prime it first by running water through the lance with the machine turned off, this gets all the air out before pressurising.

If you look after them, they'll last years.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Dropped my Glasur. So f**king heartbroken tbf.

Tempted to sell it and buy a new pot cos I'm crap like that.

1b4da14f.jpg

For f**king f***s sake :|

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ouch! Not even a little bit!

I'm always double careful with pots like that and SV.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's tempting.

How much do you want for it, realistically?

I'll just heat the outside edges up and slide it into my old Carbon pot. :eek:

I'm not in love with G1 yet tbh.

Still requires wipers in most situations I find.

You're going to laugh at me here... but I found that Rain-X was just as good at beading on the clio, (it just didn't last as long as G-Techniq) but was better on the Focus, I thought it might be the angle of windscreen being shallower on the Focus, so the rain can pass over it better.

Hope that doesn't sound too outrageously stupid :eek:

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've never used a product where I would be happy to not use the wipers TBH, but G1 does come close on many occasions. G3 or G5 now was a little better due to it starting at lower speeds

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not in love with G1 yet tbh.

Still requires wipers in most situations I find.

What sort of driving are you doing?

The G1 starts to run off at around 50mph+

G5 (was G3) runs of from around 30mph+, which is better if you're driving around town. Durability is a little less, although saying that i've had it on mine for 2 years and it's only just started to wear off :eek:

Last edited:

G5 (was G3) runs of from around 30mph+, which is better if you're driving around town. Durability is a little less, although saying that i've had it on mine for 2 years and it's only just started to wear off :eek:

What are the actual differences between G1 and G5 then?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
You're going to laugh at me here... but I found that Rain-X was just as good at beading on the clio, (it just didn't last as long as G-Techniq) but was better on the Focus, I thought it might be the angle of windscreen being shallower on the Focus, so the rain can pass over it better.

Hope that doesn't sound too outrageously stupid :eek:

Same!

I though RX performed better tbh, G1 doesn't seem to suffer from wiper trais though tank to its extreme durability.

Clios gave a fairly steep windscreen angle tbf.

All sorts.

Town driving-
Its great WITH wipers.

Motorway-
Some roll off at 50mph+
Good in heavy downpours
Light rain, drizzle, and road spray does not roll off. It build up and up in small tight beads and refracts more and more light.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What are the actual differences between G1 and G5 then?

G1 can be considered as a semi permanent sealant that will last 12 - 18months +, is resistant to glass cleaners as I occasionally use and starts to bead from about 45-50mph.

G5 (was G3) I only found last 6months on the front screen but beaded from as low as 30-35mph.

G5 is better for perspex or plastic glass whereas G1 is for glass only

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
G1 can be considered as a semi permanent sealant that will last 12 - 18months +, is resistant to glass cleaners as I occasionally use and starts to bead from about 45-50mph.

G5 (was G3) I only found last 6months on the front screen but beaded from as low as 30-35mph.

G5 is better for perspex or plastic glass whereas G1 is for glass only

Weird, because mine has only just started to wear off after 20+ months... no joke.