ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

1.8 Civic EX
can you put G5 on top of G1?

The G1 works sooo much better on the civic than it did on the clio so I think the angle of the windscreen does play a huge part in it's performance. Starts to run off the civic at about 35-40mph.

Although it seems to have only lasted a week for me, now it doesn't run/bead unless I'm doing silly speeds. I can only assume thats due to the windscreen now being dirty (I've not washed the car since I put the G1 on). Maybe if I give it a wash it will start to perform well again.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'd prefer to put it on a 'fresh base' so to speak.

If after you've washed it and it still doesn't run off as well, then I'd be pretty certain that it has been applied wrong.

See what happens though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Always user error. Like C1 it shouldn't actually make that much of a difference if it's dirty.

1.8 Civic EX
Kinda what I was thinking, strange how it worked soo well for the week or so, so much better than it ever did on the Clio, but now it's not working so well.

Guess I'll have to get myself some IPA and give the glass a good coating then try again.

Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Standard Sprayer
Wooly Mammoth Towel
Iron X

Look at me getting proper stuff. Go me..

Will the standard sprayer on CYC screw onto the 1L Bilberry? as I intend to use it neat for the time being as my wheels are in dire need of attention.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
f**k it. Last things I'm buying til next year bar a towel or two.

I will be selling some stuff this week if I get round to it, and detailing a couple of cars to pay for it :|

Werkstat Prime Strong - the only thing I might run out of this year.
Werkstat Satin Protect - because I don't like the almondy smell of poorboys natural, wierd I know.
Werkstat Carnauba Glos - because its basically free on the 3for2.
3M Glass cleaner - Cheap and I need some.

PolishedBliss

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can't wait to give Amigo a blast this weekend.

Where would it slot into the detailing process best? I've never used it before.

The car will be Iron-X'd and DA'd first.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Forget the cleanser mate, staright to Amigo via finishing pad after DA'ing. Text me after you use Amigo... You'll want to rub your penis over it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Forget the cleanser mate, staright to Amigo via finishing pad after DA'ing. Text me after you use Amigo... You'll want to rub your penis over it.

Yeah, thought so. It's a cleaner with fillers IIRC.

Ta!

Text me about that TT. I'm free on Sunday to help you ruin your motoring life.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. Amigo is a light cleanser glaze but I use it as a glaze and use a separate cleanser. Chris doesn't need a cleanser in this case.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Are you working on it tomorrow chris? I'll nip down with some rejouvinate so you can cleanse after polishing and before amigo..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Are you working on it tomorrow chris? I'll nip down with some rejouvinate so you can cleanse after polishing and before amigo..

It depends on the weather mate. I've got a few errands to run in the morning but I should hopefully get the chance in the afternoon or Sunday morning before I head to the BB's.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
5ac1a5a9-08e0-2be6.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just got some Autofinesse tripple and Tough coat through. will be using these, but the bottles are tiny

250ml bottles at a guess?

If you run out of either, even tripple which you'll use more of, just doing your own car then you're over applying. A single spray of tough coat onto an applicator is enough to do most panels bar the roof or bonnet

F56 MINI Cooper S
Yeah two 250ml bottles, seems hardly any in there though?

says you dont need loads on, but im thinking 2 sprays for each panel? same for the Tripple?

And are these products good together?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
as said, 2 sprays on the applicator to get it started, then 1 spray per panel like the wings or door, maybe a second if it starts to feel grabby, certainly haven't use anymore than 2 sprays per panel though.

tripple you will use more of as you work it a little more into the panel, a small blob on the applicator and see how far you can work it.

I think they are a good combo together, although the wax in the tripple will very slightly shorten the life of the tough coat, but not anything to really worry about as you should still see several months of good protection from the combo. but less of a problem when you see how easy it is to use and apply and how little you use per car.