ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Get a ceramic nano sealant of some kind. Plenty out there.

My tip has been wearing C1 since last november. Looks great still.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Orderd some c5 and I have got some AF metal polish stuff off a friend to try out aswell. See how the c5 gets on first then other options will we considered :)

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Bought a litre of super resin polish today with the free finishing cloth.

Never used polish before.

Is this stuff Any good?

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Haven't used the new and improved version of SRP yet but I have the old version and it's brilliant for a low budget.

Is it easy to use then?

I'm guessing I need to get some polishing cloths from somewhere. Any preference?

Or use an old tshirt with buttons on?
Only joking. But seriously. Any preferences???

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
It's alright tbh, does a good job of making the paintwork shine. I use meguiars applicatipors and megs microfiber buffing cloths. From halfords

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Just got back from Shinerama (Dodo demo day).

Bilt Hamber soft clay
Glazing pad
Various sheets of wet & dry
Spray bottle
Supernatural wash mitt (I to grit on mine the morning)

And a pot of the brilliant Bouncers #22 wax.

Definitely time for a wax cull now.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
It was ok. The new formula SN hybrid had impressive water behaviour. I just couldn't resist getting some B22 as a back up wax. Very soft and buttery, quite glasur-esque.

The wet&dry is for my headlights but I got a 4k spot pad to play with.

Just ordered some Zymol Carbon, a Wooly Mammoth drying towel, 12 x Eurow shag pile microfibres and a DAS-6 Pro with the Menzerna Kit from CYC.

Any tips on applying the carbon and the menzerna polish/pads? I've been trawling through the DW thread on machine polishing and I'm going to have a watch at the 'Introduction to detailing day'. :)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered some Zymol Carbon, a Wooly Mammoth drying towel, 12 x Eurow shag pile microfibres and a DAS-6 Pro with the Menzerna Kit from CYC.

Any tips on applying the carbon and the menzerna polish/pads? I've been trawling through the DW thread on machine polishing and I'm going to have a watch at the 'Introduction to detailing day'. :)

Do all the prep work prior to polishing to get the best results.

So, wash, de-iron/tar, clay...

Start with the lightest polish and pad combo. I think the yellow Menz pad is the lightest with Final Finish is it?

ITB BG 182
zymol carbon = excellent stuff.

Do all the proper prep work before it, you will litterally need a small amount on your pad to cover around 1/3 tohalf of the bonnet, do it in shade while the bonnets cool and you'll get proper results.

Italian 3.2 V6
7094380577_ebf63bbac8_c.png

Detailing by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've got some of the AG leather and upholstery cleaner that a friend gave me. It needs the spray gun attachment for it though.

Anyone used this stuff??? And where do I get hold of the spray nozzles like in the picture above on those AG bottles.

Ebay will do em. Or any detailing site. Might not fit though so you might have to get one with a bottle and decant it.
Failing that buy another AG product you will make use of and just swap the spray head between them.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ok that's a fair point. And has anyone any experience with this stuff?

1.8 Civic EX
I used the ag leather stuff in my old valver. Easy to use and worked rather well.

You can see hear, it's just been applied to the right side, left side untouched.

12.jpg

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ah I see. It's quite good then. Will have to source a spray nozzle out for this and have a go using it.

Clio MK3 DCI
My latest purchases:
Wash Mit
10 Microfibre clothes
Meguiars Drying towel
AG Bodywork shampoo
AG Clean Wheels
AG Car Glass Polish
AG Instant Tyre Dressing
AG Intensive Tar Remover
AG Interior Shampoo
AG SRP

Next Purchase:
Iron-X
Clay

Some of the stuff I have had a little while. I need to buy a new wheel cleaning product. Might try something other than the AG clean wheels. I seemed to go through it far to quickly.

Any suggestions on wax and wheel cleaning products will be appreciated.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've only used turtle wax alloy cleaner and once that ran out I bought 5 litres of bright wheels off i4detailing. It's great stuff. Can't fault it really. Sure it only cost around 15 quid as well

Not a 320d
The bits I ordered last week, excuse my brother's foot. :approve:

574869_10151558260955290_826765289_24092956_1956169548_n.jpg

That Carbon I see :)

Good collection. Love Eurow Shag towels. Best of the lot IMO especially for wax.

Ive just got;

3M glass
BTBM 500ml (YET A f**king GAIN, possibly my 5th bottle this year)
Sonus Carnuba Spritz - Visiting an old friend, used to love this stuff back in the day.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That spritz is superb Tob, unsung hero easily, especilaly when dealing with carnauba waxes.

I went off those Eurow ones a little, a little too plush sometimes.

Not a 320d
Its amazing from what I remember, used it years ago on my black dynamique clio. Im mainly using it for the F10 M5......starts to look a little dull after 4-5 washes and needs a wax top up to get the gloss back.

Unfortunately the owner loves Glasur and theres maybe 2 cars at best left in the pot, and Im not buying another pot as I dont use it (Carbon FTW) so im hoping Spritz will give that waxed look after washing.

Not a 320d
Yeah, I bought some and Gtechniq gave me some for free. Gave the last bottle to my mate.

Doesnt come up to BTBM standards. Its good and all, but not BTBM.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
beading of C1.5 does hold out better than C2 did but they didn't say very uniform for too long, but it is still primarily a sheeter

Surely just do what Kev did - C1 for protection/scratch resistance, Glasur for looks, feel of waxing and beeheadage.

I just used some of my new products today:-

Cirtus power - very good although for people that do it on a regular basis I can see it being expensive. Good option of those that don't have a pressure washer.

Oblitarate - brilliant works very well, not as good as tardis but still it is very nice to use with an applicator pad. For some reason it beads pretty well when giving it a rinse down.

Rujuvenate - first impressions were not very good, I don't really feel it's nice to use compared to others in it range. Although it does look very good once applied. I would prefer to use my BF GEP over it so it will be staying in the box for a while.

We don't really have a thread to talk about our views on products so I stuck in here. Would it be worth starting one?

Last edited:
Sell it on, Jay. Precisely what I did with the Werkstat kit. People raved, I didn't, £30 quid back.

And yes, but not sure whether it would get out of hand or be used correctly. You'll no doubt get some posts by Kev, Tubbytoby, Dave etc coupled with "SRP iz da s**t".

Golf GT & A4 Avant
We don't really have a thread to talk about our views on products so I stuck in here. Would it be worth starting one?

If it relates to a recent order then I can't see any harm in it staying in here, as long as people can see what it's relating to.

I've not used any of the blackfire range, but what didn't you like about rejuvenate? I've used it primarily by machine and only a few times by hand

It's not really worth me selling it on all the messing about with postage, PayPal fees etc.

Not to sure Dave I just found it hard work compared to the BF GEP I have used, plus the initial result wasn't great. Once topped with the Vics concours I used the car now looks great but I'm mainly thinking that is down to 2 layers of Vics.

I will keep hold of it and I will give it another try at some stage.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Dont like the water behaviour on C1 either :)

Going to top it off with 1.5 in the hope it beads.

You don't like the water behaviour? It sheets after 6 months like freshly applied Glasur.

My beading looks like this...

2ed0bd09-f9d5-a9e0.jpg

2ed0bd09-f9e2-c0df.jpg

2ed0bd09-f9ef-e706.jpg

My C1 hasn't been topped with anything in 6 months. Washed with Gwash since November.

Even snowfoamed with a strong Autosmart mix. Still beading and sheeting.

C1 > All.