ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

1.8 Civic EX
Correct me if I'm wrong but could the c1.5 not be used almost like a QD over the top of wax?

Certainly looks a lot less fussy to use than c1

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No, C1.5 should be used over bare paint (ipa'd) a nano/ceramic sealant.

If anything you would use the wax over the 1.5. Then you would be taking away the self cleaning properties and sheeting properties.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered a Das 6, Prima Amigo Polymer Glaze and a White 5.5" Hex-Logic Pad for just less than £100, is this good? What sealant would be best for me to use on my BMW 320D, mystic blue?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Did you not buy any polish? Just using the machine to glaze? You can do that just as well by hand..

Works much better glazing by machine in my experience, with a little less chance of damaging the paint if using a compound. That way he can experience the machine then move onto abrasives. I personally think its a good idea doing it that way and would recommend it

Works much better glazing by machine in my experience, with a little less chance of damaging the paint if using a compound. That way he can experience the machine then move onto abrasives. I personally think its a good idea doing it that way and would recommend it

Good point. I'll shutup. ha.

Also, I'm not going to lie, I find detailingworlds personal sales section really confusing! There's so many different threads each with so many products people are selling, half the time I'm looking at threads I've already looked at and not realising, or click on one and everything's sold!

Also, how much coverage would say, a pea sized blob of Zaino Z2 cover?
Or how much to do say half a bonnet?

Just want to get my quantities right as I have a habit of over applying stuff, and don't want to have any issues?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Just been and got the following from Shinerama:

Wolfs Nano QD - Absolutly Brilliant stuff!
Gtechniq I1 - so easy to use (still need to test with some water)
California Car Scents Cherry
Empty 500ml Bottle (for quick detailer)
Tyre Dressing Applicator.

not too bad for £20.

e92 330i
CG Pete's 53
Wooly mamoth towel
AF revive
More bilberry wheel cleaner, love this stuff
Sample pot of dodo juice blue velvet for door/boot shuts
More iron x to do the wheels, spilt some whilst filling the bottle doh!

May split my AG HD wax into samples if anybody would like some, not over keen on the wax.

BG182FF
After doing some research on here, next week ill be ordering the following;

-Microfibre cloths
-Meguiars Scratch X
-Autoglym EG
-Carnauba wax
-Carpro Iron-X
-Autosmart Tardis
-Dodo juice born to be mild
-Meguiars clay bar kit.

Depending on how rich I feel may also order a Das6. All this will be from ebay, any good websites I can get it all off together to save on postage charges?

Its going to be an expensive week:headno:

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've just tried Polished Bliss for the first time and have to say I'm very impressed by Rich's service. Not wanting to criticise anyone else, but I have struggled to remain faith with CYC as it seems their customer service has suffered with their rapid growth.

Have picked up a Waschpudel, some AF Lather and some more Werkstatt Acrylic Jett. Am intrigued to try the Waschpudel as an alternative to the usual lambswool mitt.

BMW E46 330i Touring
The reviews are quite mixed so I'm not expecting miracles but fancy something different so will see how I get on.

I've just tried Polished Bliss for the first time and have to say I'm very impressed by Rich's service. Not wanting to criticise anyone else, but I have struggled to remain faith with CYC as it seems their customer service has suffered with their rapid growth.

Have picked up a Waschpudel, some AF Lather and some more Werkstatt Acrylic Jett. Am intrigued to try the Waschpudel as an alternative to the usual lambswool mitt.

I love Polished Bliss. Free postage FTW!
Clean your car have taken a while recently with me, not so much postage, but the processing time. I did email them, they said with all the hot sunny weather there'd been a massive surge in demand or something. To be fair the did get it dispatched the same day I emailed, and replied promptly.

Used Z2 today, Had no problems applying or removing, so cheers Gally :)

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Postage prices always put me off, which is why I always use polished bliss

Even though the prices are slightly higher it still works out cheaper.

Wish they stocked more brands though :(

After doing some research on here, next week ill be ordering the following;

-Microfibre cloths
-Meguiars Scratch X
-Autoglym EG
-Carnauba wax
-Carpro Iron-X
-Autosmart Tardis
-Dodo juice born to be mild
-Meguiars clay bar kit.

Depending on how rich I feel may also order a Das6. All this will be from ebay, any good websites I can get it all off together to save on postage charges?

Its going to be an expensive week:headno:

Don't buy Tardis from eBay, it isn't always genuine and they often send it out with Royal Mail - which is illegal.

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I love Polished Bliss. Free postage FTW!
Clean your car have taken a while recently with me, not so much postage, but the processing time. I did email them, they said with all the hot sunny weather there'd been a massive surge in demand or something. To be fair the did get it dispatched the same day I emailed, and replied promptly.

Used Z2 today, Had no problems applying or removing, so cheers Gally :)

Did you have to use this stuff http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/zaino/zfx-flash-cure-accelerator-additive/prod_465.html
FOr first application or not ?

Just started my cleaning collection had some expendable income so thought why not

Start small get big :)

02797339-8ad9-e260.jpg

Been busy in Tesco Chapster :p

Get on a few of the preferred websites on here instead.

Just got my Iron X and Valet pro wheel brush, brush it lovely :eek:

Only thing I'm missing now is amigo, cleanyourcar had no stock.

Been busy in Tesco Chapster :p

Get on a few of the preferred websites on here instead.

Just got my Iron X and Valet pro wheel brush, brush it lovely :eek:

How did you guess :eek: hehe I was stood there having a browse thought car could do with some tlc

Misses ain't happy that lot so far is about £30 worth in 2 days :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It says on clean your car when you click on z2 to use this on first application or if layering within 24hrs

I wouldn't worry about Zfx mate. You can layer a couple of hours apart in warm weather.

Their new Sealant formula will have Zfx integrated in it. Couple of months away though.

Shinerama have it mate.

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I wouldn't worry about Zfx mate. You can layer a couple of hours apart in warm weather.

Their new Sealant formula will have Zfx integrated in it. Couple of months away though.

Shinerama have it mate.

Cheesr mate

R14 CUP
Yeah, gone in 33% with a friend on it. Means I can get 2 applications on mine, he can use it on his two cars. Little / no point buying it outright, If it's gonna give the longevity it says it will!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Always the same with GT stuff. Use once on your own car then sell on and recoup all monies.

It lasts that long you're never going to have to re-apply it really.